-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

So who does investigate & solve crimes?....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,874 posts

Posted October 08 2007 - 02:34 AM

So I am watching the tv show "Shark" last night. And in it they seemed to investigate and solve the case of a murdered girl. Then you watch CSI and they seem to investigate and solve the crimes. Then you watch other police shows (ie-L&O, Life, etc) and its the cops/detectives who investigate and solve the crimes.

I know in real life its a combo of all. But, I find it funny how each of these shows makes it seem like each one is does it all. Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#2 of 3 Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted October 08 2007 - 03:39 AM

I have never for a moment ever thought any of these crime shows resembles anything close to reality. I have a feeling that the reality of crime solving wouldn't make a very interesting TV series. If we followed the logic of the TV Show, Numbers, every law enforcement department would be turning over their dectective departments to mathematicians.
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#3 of 3 Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner

Screenwriter

• 2,950 posts

Posted October 08 2007 - 05:20 AM

Who investigates and solves crimes?

Posted Image