Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Been awhile

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Tim Jin

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor

• 526 posts

Posted October 06 2007 - 12:38 PM

Hi,

It's been a really long time since I visited the forums. WOW, the layout sure has change!!!

I think that I'm finally thinking about upgrading my Panny 47 RPTV to a 1080p set. By the way, Gregg calibrated my Panny twice and it still looks great.

I would ike to get a flat panel, either a LCD or a Plasma and yes, I will get the new set calibrated again and most likely from Gregg.

I want a 50" screen. I really like 1080p Panny Plasma with their new anti glare screen, but I've always liked the Sharp Aquos.

Which one is a better buy and how well does the anti glare coating works with the new Panny's?

I have a lot of lights coming in my house. I never really liked plasmas just because I don't need a 50+" mirror in the house. I was happy to see that Panny tackled the problem, but I would like to hear from others.

I'm glad that I'm back, but I need to be re educated on TV again Posted Image.

Thanks!

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   GeorgeAB

GeorgeAB

Second Unit

• 471 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted October 06 2007 - 06:39 PM

Plasma generically still beats LCD in overall picture quality. Look at Gary Merson's new article in the latest 'Home Theater' magazine as an example. Go for the new Panasonic 750 series plasma, if your ruling priority is image fidelity. Gary's HDGuru.com site has a review and some of the article from HTM.

Best regards and beautiful pictures,
G. Alan Brown, President
CinemaQuest, Inc.

"Advancing the art and science of electronic imaging"

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Tim Jin

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor

• 526 posts

Posted October 07 2007 - 03:10 AM

What is the price range on the 750 series?

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   SethH

SethH

Screenwriter

• 2,867 posts

Posted October 07 2007 - 10:29 AM

What is the price range on the 750 series?

The 50" runs about $3500.