-

Photo
- - - - -

Need help with connections

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Jack Sampson

Jack Sampson

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted October 04 2007 - 03:22 PM

I just bought a HDTV and HD DVR but don't know the best way to hook it up to my existing equipment. I The tv and dvr have hdmi input/output. I also have a Onkyo 573 reciever that I want to use as a switch for different inouts. Can I use the tv's speakers as my center channel? I just have 2 r30 floor speakers and a sony sub.

#2 of 4 Jack Sampson

Jack Sampson

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted October 06 2007 - 01:16 AM

Ok lets try it this way. If you have a HDTV and HD DVR, how did you connect it to your surround sound. I'm about to just go out and buy a new bose surround sound system since they sound pretty good.

#3 of 4 JeremyErwin

JeremyErwin

Producer

• 3,219 posts

Posted October 06 2007 - 02:38 AM

No, it's probably best to just set your 573 not to use a Center channel. If you want center or surround speakers, it's possible to get voice matched units.

If the 573 doesn't have a HDMI switch, you can switch audio with your receiver and video with the TV. A Harmony remote can automate the process.

#4 of 4 Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh

Producer

• 5,183 posts

Posted October 06 2007 - 11:59 AM

Jack - Dont buy Bose. They are over-priced, guilty of deceptive advertising practices, enforce price-fixing for stores that sell them and advertise to AARP members who dont have good hearing.

How to connect: HDMI from each source to the Onkyo. 1 HDMI to the TV.

Use the receiver to switch between the two.