What's new

SUPERNATURAL - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
So, the season premiere is tonight. A coupla new chicks, 300 new demons to hunt, and Dean only has a year to live. Sounds like it could be fun. ;)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I was just about to start a thread for this too.

After rewatching S2 on DVD, I have to say that I really enjoyed it (especially the last few episodes). I just hope they play the storyline about Sam and Dean being hunted by the FBI at some point.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
I'm very much looking forward to this. It's probably my favorite show at this time. I just hope the whole season doesn't turn into them tracking down the escaped demons. I really liked all the various myths and urban legends from season 1.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Actually, I had an idea about this. First of all they can't keep running from the FBI. Especially, when the go to police departments a lot under false id's to get info. So what they should do is have them get caught. And then get released by someone in the government who knows of all the crap going on. So they will work on their own like they have been. But, might get info about possible supernatural problems from the government guy.

Just a few questions after seeing the last 2 episodes of last season...
-Not really a question. But, Mom knew the demon.
-So if the gate to Hell was open and let 200 demons out. How the heck were all of those other demons around. They seem to come and go.
-I would like to see the brothers get some help from the "the good guys". God and/or angels. The closest we saw is the ghost of their mom once came back to give them a quick hand to escape.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The blonde lass in the commercials reminded me of a grittier version of Veronica Mars.

So, is this the "hunting on borrowed time" season?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I agree. Even in a show populated by demons and monsters, it's hard to buy that they continually evade the authorities while also being involved in situations where there's such a police presence. I like your solution to their problem and I hope the writers do something like that.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, so much for looking forward to this. I just discovered that the local FOX station (which has rebroadcast WB/CW programming for years since we have no local CW affiliate) has dropped their CW programming as of this past Saturday. :angry:

So I guess I'll have to decide if it's worth trying to download the eps somewhere or just wait for next year's DVD set. :frowning:

EDIT: OK, it appears the CW will offer the full episodes via their website on the day after broadcast, so I guess I'll still be able to see them somehow, even if I have to squint at my computer monitor.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Well, if it makes you feel better, Malcolm, i'm now no better off. I'm now relegated to watching everything on a crappy 25" because my projector was destroyed tonight when the color wheel exploded. :frowning:

I'm going to be projector-less for at least a few months. :frowning:

Anyhoo, despite my home theater catastrophy I loved the premiere! Got off with a bang and the Winchester boys came right out of the gate with they're guns blazing. :emoji_thumbsup:

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Well from the premier. It looks like one of my questions from above might be answered....

I think that chick that helps Sam at the end with the knife is an angel or some other supernatural "good guy".

Best line of the night.... "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son." :emoji_thumbsup:

Rudi

Stunt Coordinator
Damn, I'm an idiot. I missed this and the DVR wasn't set. Does anyone know if this will be rebroadcast soon?

Thanks

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yikes! My condolences on the death of your proj. :frowning:

Since I couldn't see the S3 premiere, I watched the 2-part finale from last season, "All Hell Breaks Loose" (on my projector...Sorry, John!).

You know, if there were any fairness and objectivity in the Emmy process with regard to genre shows, Jensen Ackles should have been nominated (and won, IMO) for his work in S2, especially his work in the S2 premiere and finale. He is so good at projecting the emotion of the character in his performance, unlike Jared who just makes weird faces whenever he's called upon to express an emotion. Jensen's work in the premiere after the death of his father, and then again in the finale, is just phenomenal.

I feel sorry for those who are quick to dismiss this show because of the genre, or because it's on the WB/CW network, or because of the leads' marketed "hottie" status. There is some excellent dramatic work being performed on this series.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

That chick is "Ruby", played by Katie Cassidy, and her name appeared before the "guest starring" credits, so she might show up again real soon.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

I've said it before: Jensen's a damn good actor. Whenever he's called upon to do a dramatic scene, he can make it work when probably 50% of television actors couldn't. He was really good in the episode What Is and What Should Never Be, which was that "It's a Wonderful Life"-style episode with the djinn.

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
From what I've heard, the overnight ratings are a disaster...below two million. I remember reading somewhere back in the day that Supernatural fans would not have to worry as long as the viewership numbers stayed above five million. Well....

If things don't pick up, can we expect this to be the final season?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Don't most shows on The CW get ratings that poor and worse? I'm sure Supernatural is more expensive than most shows on the network (so they want results for that money) but it's also got one of the toughest slots of the week since it's on against Grey's Anatomy, CSI and The Office.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't know the target ratings, but I imagine if it's enough of a disaster in the CW's eyes, we won't even get a full season three. I wonder how Reaper's ratings from its Thursday review compared. If favorably, I wouldn't be surprised to see the schedule shift around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks