What's new

Beetlejuice 2-Disc 20th Anniversary Special Edition? (1 Viewer)

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandon.B
Could it be? Finally? At last? A Special Edition? Looks like it may just very well be on its way next year according to this:

http://moviemanmills.blogspot.com/20...on-pseudo.html

How truthful are they? I came across this in a search, i see they've been right on other titles said to come at the end of this year and they have gone up for pre-order. Boy do I hope this is true, this hasnt been a fun wait.

BethHarrison

Second Unit
Real Name
Bethany Harrison
During the Warner chat session, I am pretty sure they mentioned that they were looking at a Beetlejuice SE for 2008.

donnie_d

Stunt Coordinator
why do ppl always mention Beetlejuice SE as it will never happen.Warner Bros confirmed that a SE is in the works.just wait for it.

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandon.B
Yea, I know its old, but I never saw anything directly about it on here when BJ topics were brought up, and to be honest, I never expected a 2-disc. New layout, some new artwork and a directory commentary is all I expected. But to see a 2-disc, well if that's true, its made my 2008! ;)

Haden

Supporting Actor
Would be nice to get Michael Keaton on the commentary. Has he ever done any DVD commentaries before?

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Beetlejuice turns 20 in two months, and Warner Bros is doing squat about a special edition release, so WB will once again by pass another movie needing a "well made" special edition, not a rush job like, Plotergiest 20th Anniversary from last year.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Oh I don't know... A documentary about "The Real World of Bio-Exorcists" could be very enlightening;)

JulianK

Supporting Actor
If they do go the SE route, I hope they find someone other than Tim Burton to do the commentary. I fear I may lose the will to live if I have to listen to another one by him! Maybe they could pair him with Michael Keaton?

ErichH

Screenwriter
As silly as this film is, I have a soft spot for Keaton's frantic performance in this. `I'm the ghost with the most Babe'

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

How do you know "Warner Bros is doing squat"?

For starters, I'm 99% sure they said they'd be revisiting this title for the 20th anniversary (which would be this year) in an HTF chat.

Secondly, I doubt you have any insight into what's actually being worked on at Warner Bros.

Third, as someone already said here this is most likely a Q4 release (Halloween) at the earliest so it's not as if we'd be hearing anything concrete yet anyway.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Bill GrandPre wrote:

WB would of had given us some details or a full press release out by now. If WB is doing a Halloween release, I have a strong feeling it will end up like Poltergiest from last year.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, what other late-'08 titles has Warner Bros. announced?

Have they even announced anything beyond like April?

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Why dosen't WB want to release this on DVD again? Enough people love this film so it's not like it wont sell well, cause it will, Beetlejuice has it's own cult following, just The Wizard Of Oz and Gone With The Wind.

WB we want a special edition for Beetlejuice now!

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
While I don't have proof or sources for any of this, I'm positive that Warner's has put Beetlejuice on permanent moratorium, will never re-issue the title and, in cooperation with Tim Burton, have secretly burned the original negative. They also are currently in the process of sending out special "Firemen" to dispose of all existing copies of Beetlejuice, so if you are hoping to have any proof that this movie ever existed, you would be wise to lock your copy in a safe-deposit box somewhere.:crazy:

BethHarrison

Second Unit
Real Name
Bethany Harrison
Correct me if I am wrong (I usually am :laugh: ), but Warner Bros normally announce a title's release date three months prior to the actual release. At the moment, we are receiving the releases for May (i.e Frank Sinatra). In March we will get news of the the releases for June, April will be July....know what I mean? So for an October release, you could expect an announcement in July?

I am probably way off. I apologise if I am.

But as some posters mentioned - better to get a late release that is well worth it, than some slap dash, half arsed effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks