-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Beetlejuice 2-Disc 20th Anniversary Special Edition?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#1 of 57 Brandon.B

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator

• 125 posts

Posted October 02 2007 - 07:38 PM

Could it be? Finally? At last? A Special Edition? Looks like it may just very well be on its way next year according to this:

http://moviemanmills....on-pseudo.html

How truthful are they? I came across this in a search, i see they've been right on other titles said to come at the end of this year and they have gone up for pre-order. Boy do I hope this is true, this hasnt been a fun wait.

#2 of 57 BethHarrison

BethHarrison

Second Unit

• 435 posts

Posted October 02 2007 - 08:39 PM

During the Warner chat session, I am pretty sure they mentioned that they were looking at a Beetlejuice SE for 2008.

#3 of 57 donnie_d

donnie_d

Stunt Coordinator

• 179 posts

Posted October 03 2007 - 01:46 AM

why do ppl always mention Beetlejuice SE as it will never happen.Warner Bros confirmed that a SE is in the works.just wait for it.

#4 of 57 oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted October 03 2007 - 01:51 AM

this was actually posted back in February
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#5 of 57 Brandon.B

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator

• 125 posts

Posted October 03 2007 - 06:11 AM

Yea, I know its old, but I never saw anything directly about it on here when BJ topics were brought up, and to be honest, I never expected a 2-disc. New layout, some new artwork and a directory commentary is all I expected. But to see a 2-disc, well if that's true, its made my 2008! Posted Image

#6 of 57 Haden

Haden

Supporting Actor

• 782 posts

Posted October 03 2007 - 12:53 PM

Would be nice to get Michael Keaton on the commentary. Has he ever done any DVD commentaries before?

#7 of 57 Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,221 posts

Posted October 04 2007 - 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haden
Would be nice to get Michael Keaton on the commentary. Has he ever done any DVD commentaries before?

Yup - White Noise...
Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com

#8 of 57 darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 806 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted January 21 2008 - 02:09 PM

Beetlejuice turns 20 in two months, and Warner Bros is doing squat about a special edition release, so WB will once again by pass another movie needing a "well made" special edition, not a rush job like, Plotergiest 20th Anniversary from last year.

#9 of 57 SD_Brian

SD_Brian

Supporting Actor

• 585 posts

Posted January 21 2008 - 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrock17
a "well made" special edition, not a rush job like, Plotergiest 20th Anniversary from last year.
Oh I don't know... A documentary about "The Real World of Bio-Exorcists" could be very enlighteningPosted Image

#10 of 57 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,134 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted January 21 2008 - 05:11 PM

Maybe by Halloween?

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#11 of 57 JulianK

JulianK

Supporting Actor

• 844 posts

Posted January 22 2008 - 12:20 AM

If they do go the SE route, I hope they find someone other than Tim Burton to do the commentary. I fear I may lose the will to live if I have to listen to another one by him! Maybe they could pair him with Michael Keaton?

#12 of 57 ErichH

ErichH

Screenwriter

• 1,167 posts

Posted January 22 2008 - 02:54 AM

As silly as this film is, I have a soft spot for Keaton's frantic performance in this. `I'm the ghost with the most Babe'

#13 of 57 Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre

Screenwriter

• 2,067 posts

Posted January 22 2008 - 07:31 AM

Quote:
Beetlejuice turns 20 in two months, and Warner Bros is doing squat about a special edition release,

How do you know "Warner Bros is doing squat"?

For starters, I'm 99% sure they said they'd be revisiting this title for the 20th anniversary (which would be this year) in an HTF chat.

Secondly, I doubt you have any insight into what's actually being worked on at Warner Bros.

Third, as someone already said here this is most likely a Q4 release (Halloween) at the earliest so it's not as if we'd be hearing anything concrete yet anyway.
Don't you ever, EVER compare me to "Family Guy," you hear me Kyle? Compare me to "Family Guy" again and so help me, I will kill you where you stand!

Do you have any idea what it's like? Everywhere I go: "Hey Cartman you must like 'Family Guy,' right?" "Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of...

#14 of 57 darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 806 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted January 22 2008 - 10:36 AM

Bill GrandPre wrote:

Quote:
How do you know "Warner Bros is doing squat"?

WB would of had given us some details or a full press release out by now. If WB is doing a Halloween release, I have a strong feeling it will end up like Poltergiest from last year.

#15 of 57 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,689 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted January 22 2008 - 10:56 AM

Quote:
WB would of had given us some details or a full press release out by now. If WB is doing a Halloween release, I have a strong feeling it will end up like Poltergiest from last year.
I've never seen a full press release for something 10 months in advance. And rarely is there "some details" on a release that early either.

#16 of 57 Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre

Screenwriter

• 2,067 posts

Posted January 22 2008 - 01:10 PM

Quote:

Yeah, what other late-'08 titles has Warner Bros. announced?

Have they even announced anything beyond like April?
Don't you ever, EVER compare me to "Family Guy," you hear me Kyle? Compare me to "Family Guy" again and so help me, I will kill you where you stand!

Do you have any idea what it's like? Everywhere I go: "Hey Cartman you must like 'Family Guy,' right?" "Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of...

#17 of 57 darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 806 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted February 11 2008 - 08:25 AM

Why dosen't WB want to release this on DVD again? Enough people love this film so it's not like it wont sell well, cause it will, Beetlejuice has it's own cult following, just The Wizard Of Oz and Gone With The Wind.

WB we want a special edition for Beetlejuice now!

#18 of 57 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,689 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted February 11 2008 - 10:34 AM

Quote:
Why dosen't WB want to release this on DVD again?
How do you know that?

#19 of 57 SD_Brian

SD_Brian

Supporting Actor

• 585 posts

Posted February 11 2008 - 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
How do you know that?
While I don't have proof or sources for any of this, I'm positive that Warner's has put Beetlejuice on permanent moratorium, will never re-issue the title and, in cooperation with Tim Burton, have secretly burned the original negative. They also are currently in the process of sending out special "Firemen" to dispose of all existing copies of Beetlejuice, so if you are hoping to have any proof that this movie ever existed, you would be wise to lock your copy in a safe-deposit box somewhere.Posted Image

#20 of 57 BethHarrison

BethHarrison

Second Unit

• 435 posts

Posted February 11 2008 - 06:47 PM

Correct me if I am wrong (I usually am Posted Image ), but Warner Bros normally announce a title's release date three months prior to the actual release. At the moment, we are receiving the releases for May (i.e Frank Sinatra). In March we will get news of the the releases for June, April will be July....know what I mean? So for an October release, you could expect an announcement in July?

I am probably way off. I apologise if I am.

But as some posters mentioned - better to get a late release that is well worth it, than some slap dash, half arsed effort.

Back to DVD

Forum Nav Content I Follow