Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Dragon Ball movie

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson

Screenwriter

• 2,116 posts

Posted October 02 2007 - 02:07 PM

According to CHUD.com, James Wong (of The X-Files) will be writing and directing a movie based on Dragon Ball.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,937 posts

Posted October 03 2007 - 04:22 AM

Don't know about this one. I love Dragon Ball Z but based on what was read above, not sure I like how the movie is slated to start. That story line is...well... lame. Like to see how they do the flying bit.
Listen Up People.., Rack Em and Pack Em.., We're Phantoms in 15.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson

Screenwriter

• 2,116 posts

Posted November 14 2007 - 01:34 AM

More info on the movie from AnimeNewsNetwork.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Holadem

Holadem

Lead Actor

• 8,972 posts

Posted November 14 2007 - 02:52 AM

Funny, as soon as I saw the thread title, I thought that the folks behind The Onewould be perfect for this project (I've never seen it, just the trailers). Turns out the Powers that Be felt the same way Posted Image.

I am not actively into Hong Kong or Asian cinema in general, but I often hang out at this Japanese bar/restaurant that has recent Asian films playing constantly on their screens (muted). They are almost always hilariously over the top, but display a level of imagination in creature design and special effects that is seldom seen in Hollywood. And they are probably a lot cheaper.

--
H

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Cavan.B

Cavan.B

Stunt Coordinator

• 109 posts

Posted November 14 2007 - 10:00 AM

Wow, it's finally happening. I like the fact that Chow is producing, but I don't know if this Chatwin guy would make a good Goku. We'll see, I'm mildly optimistic.
"...the internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck. It's a series of tubes." -- Sen. Ted Stevens (AK)

"Who do you wanna nuke, Barack? Who are you afraid of?" -- Fmr. Sen. Mike Gravel

Those round, shiny things...

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,937 posts

Posted November 15 2007 - 06:59 AM

Filming to start in November for a world wide release for August, 2008? Not sure that's enough time to do some really good work on this film visually.
Listen Up People.., Rack Em and Pack Em.., We're Phantoms in 15.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users