What's new

Odd Couple Season 3 Thread (1 Viewer)

neuroticomic

Agent
Real Name
tommy
TVshows On DVD & Paramount announced the release date of The Odd Couple Season 3 on dvd.
Date is set at January 22nd.

No extras announced as of yet.

Keep em comin'!!!

ThorstenB

Auditioning
Real Name
Thorsten
Ok, this is Paramount, that means Season 3 will be the last one released like they did with Taxi: 5 Seasons and only 3 released!!! What a shame, oh yes and Cheers: 11 seasons but only 8 released!!! Thank you Paramount! This time i will wait untill ALL seasons are released!!!! You don't get me this time Paramount.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Problem, of course, is that it won't help matters any in getting future seasons released if you don't buy the first ones. And aren't 3 seasons of THE ODD COUPLE in your collection, even if they never release anymore, better than Zero?

I think there's an excellent chance of the entire run of THE ODD COUPLE being released.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
According to Paramount's sydnication site, they haven't transfered season 4 to HD. But I need all 5 seasons. I've come to fully appreciate this series.

EXTRA
This is the same Paramount that put out all six seasons of Hogan's Heroes.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
and all 3 seasons of TREK:TOS a THOUSAND times!!!!!

:)

and yes, buy them when released! If everyone waited, duh, they would see the poor sales and stop releasing them!!!!

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Season three gives us two more episodes with Brett Somers as Blanche. Love her. She only appeard one more time in season four. If we get to season four, I'm pretty sure we'll get all five seasons. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and I'll keep buying them as they come out.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
I've been doing my hardest spreading the word about the first two seasons on 2 different sites.

I was talking to a pal from New York who remembered how The Odd Couple was backed up with The Honeymooners. Maybe there are enough suits at Paramount who want the complete collection since they grew up with it in Manhattan.

do wonder how these are selling in relationship to the Hogan's Heroes sets.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee

I love those episodes too, but hold out for at least season 4. Only one of her appearances (The Odd Couples) is in Season 3. The last 2 are in Season 4.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian

Ooops! You're right. I guess I didn't read the episode guide correctly. Well, then I really hope that we get season 4. I want all of the Brett episodes.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
there are now 2 ads that have The Odd Couple theme music and play with the concept including Subway with Jared and Reggie Bush.

Hopefully this will be a sign for the folks at Paramount to put seasons 4 & 5 out in equally short order.

Last night I ran into Leif Garrett. We ended up talking about his time as Felix's son on season 5. he had nothing but praise for Tony Randell.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Here's the running times for episodes on the Odd Couple Season 3 DVDs

Gloria, Hallelujah 26:08
Big Mouth 2608
The Princess 2609
The Pen is Mightier Than the Pencil 2606
The Odd Monks 2552
I'm Dying of Unger 2553

The Odd Couples 2542
Felix's First Commercial 2607
The First Baby 2607
Oscar's Birthday 2540
Password 2607
The Odd Father 2609

Don't Believe in Roomers 2605
Sometimes a Great Ocean 2538
I Gotta Be Me 2513
The Ides of April 2525
Myrna's Debut 2536
The Hustler 2538

My Strife in Court 2537
Let's Make a Deal 2538
The Odyssey Couple 2518
Take My Furniture, Please 2538
The Murray Who Came to Dinner 2549

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I just got an early copy of SEASON 3, and have watched a bunch of episodes. I am pretty familiar with most of these, and I'm not positive but I THINK maybe one episode was cut. The back cover does say: "Some episodes may be edited from their original network versions. Some music has been changed for this home entertainment version".

I could be wrong about this, maybe someone can verify -- it's on the episode "Oscar's Birthday", when Felix is humiliating Oscar by having guests show up for his surprise party. One of these is an older woman tap dancer, and I thought I recalled her doing a dance and singing "She's the daughter of Rosie O'Grady". I don't know for sure if it was in this particular episode. But as it stands now, the woman is introduced by Felix and she comes into the room tap dancing, and then that's it, and I thought it seemed rather abrupt.

Again, I'm not at all positive if this was during this particular episode; it could be from another. Does anyone know? There was another show featuring this lady, I think. Isn't there another where this woman is being used by Oscar to show Felix he isn't that old? Maybe this is where the song is sung...

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Uh oh...
Yes, I am almost sure you are right that the Rosie O'Grady dance is in this episode. The woman reappears where you say, mostly because she is executive producer Garry Marshall's mother.

I'm disturbed about that edit, and it makes me wonder..."I Gotta Be Me" seems a bit shorter than the other episodes on the set. Do they not sing "Cocktails for Two" in that one? How about "Got a Date With an Angel" in "Don't Believe in Roomers"? And I will march on Paramount if we don't hear Felix sing "Peg O' My Heart" to his fern in "The Odd Couples"...

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

The more I think about it, the more I think I'm mixing the two tap dancing episodes up. Are you sure?

I don't recall Felix singing to his fern, which I just watched with "The Odd Couples"... he did mention to Oscar to take care of it, and treat it gently and try to relate to it...

I should add, however, that these episodes look great and I am not disappointed in any of the seasons, despite some music changes or what have you. So far there hasn't been anything altered which has hurt any show. They still flow well. I'm just thinking that, as the episodes go farther along in future seasons, we'll be getting even more actual songs, like the Paul Williams Show, and so forth.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
I love the Odd Couple. It sounds like they can't get the music for some of these episodes, and that's really unfortunate. I would have liked to see all the episodes uncut. I wonder if they even tried.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Well, today I came across an episode which is undoubtedly edited. It's one of my favorites: "I Gotta Be Me", where Felix and Oscar try Role Reversal. I noticed a cut at the very end during the wrap-up, just before the action "freezes" and the credits come on. As Felix is discussing the role reversal experiment, he tells Oscar "I think I sing a little better than you do." This is where the scene now freezes on the DVD, and the credits appear, as if it's the funny punch line.

In the actual original presentation, Felix is supposed to continue on to sing: "in some secluded rendevous that overlooks the avenue..." and then, as he steps into the closet to hang up his clothing, Oscar shuts the door on him.. and THEN the action is supposed to freeze and the credits appear. So as it appears now, the ending punch line is missing and the scene stops in mid-stream. You'd never notice it if you didn't know about it, as it's very smooth, but the singing and shutting the door on Felix is missing. This is where I noticed the edit, but I'm pretty sure that Oscar (when he was playing role reversal and was imitating Felix previously) also sang a line of this tune earlier on, doesn't he... ? I think that's what prompts Felix to comment on it for the finale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks