What's new

Brothers and Sisters season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Brothers and Sisters returns for their sophomore season.

What I can remember from last season's finale:

Justin got shipped off to Iraq.

Tommy and Julia are dealing with losing one of their twins (the son).

Kitty and Robert are engaged (had a crazy engagement party between the 2 families).

Joe and Sarah are going their separate ways, some of it due to Joe putting the moves on Rebecca (though Rebecca wasn't totally in the clear).

Saul is tempted by a past male friend's invitation.

Kevin is intrigued by Robert's brother.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
What a truly wonderful episode. The easy thing for the writers to do is have Joe and Sarah make up and get back together. They could move on to the next hurdle in their marriage, and as much as I like them together, keeping them apart and making it appear that Joe wants a divorce is an interesting angle.
The only character I'm tired of is Kevin. Please give this guy something to do other than whine. His woe is me antics are getting old.
Kitty and Robert were awesome and I like the friction between Kitty and Rebecca. Great job by both.
Sally Field was her usual stellar self but since her tirade at the Emmys, she doesn't really have to do much acting on the show any more. She just has to be herself.

Last season, this show slowly crept up my "top 10 show" list as the season progressed and now it is a top 3 show for me. Great start.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Southpaw's accessment. It's too bad that Joe and Sarah appear to be splitting apart. I'm ther actor playing Kevin may wonder if that's all he will do!:)

One minor geeky comment, notice that Nora's laptop is a Mac. Unless it's old, it has a built-in camera and that ugly thing they stuck on the top of the display wasn't necessary. But I know it's TV and they need to visually give the audience a clue she's doing a video message. They could have at least used the discontinued Apple camera!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I suspect Joe has met someone new, and found out that he couldn't quite go home again after he and Sarah did it one last time on the washing machine (spin cycle, I guess).

Kevin is still a whiney little beyotch, and I don't see him staying true while his priest boyfriend goes halfway around the world to build school.

Nora's screed at the Mexican restaurant just shows how self-indulgent she can be when pushed to her limits in terms of worrying for her son. It's not an attractive side of Nora. Now, the fight between Nora and Kitty at the bridal store was pretty funny, though.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Patrick - yes, that scene at the bridal store was a big "laugh out loud" moment for me. Great stuff.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I don't agree with everyone assessment that Kevin is whiny. No more than any other person on the show? Time for them to bring Scotty back now.
Loved the premiere episode although the Walkers fighting in public places is getting a bit old.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
The Walkers fighting in public places reminds me too much of my family, whenever we ate out at restaurants or on vacation.

I have finally caught up with the show, and enjoyed the season premiere.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if Lena (Emily Rose) is going to present some temptation to Tommy at the vineyard.

Pretty entertaining bit revolving around the conservation radio host and Kitty/Nora/Kevin.

Glad Justin made it back, even with a bum leg that will force him to entertain the use of narcotics to get through the early rough spots of recovery.

Sarah isn't having a good week, and Rebecca's confessional didn't help matters.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S

It's such an obvious setup. :rolleyes

I'm sad about Joe and Sara. I remember my first impression of them as a couple when this show first began was that he was SO patient and sweet to her.

Nick

Second Unit

(Admin note - please put upcoming preview comments in spoiler text, as not everyone watches them, lest they spoil the upcoming episode.)

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S

I'm not saying Tommy will actually DO anything, but in Patrick's words, Leena's "going to present some temptation".

And Julia is still grieving over baby William, not only postpartum depression. . .

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, no telling how Julia is going to remain out of the picture, but rest assured, when she returns, it's going to be at the worst possible moment for Tommy. :D

So glad Justin finally gave into the drugs to help him get over the pain, that storyline was about to overstay its welcome.

I could care less about Robert and his ex-wife. Is Marin Hinkle destined to playing the PITA ex-wife roles now?

Scott's back! Will Kevin be tempted yet again?

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I like Scotty and I think he and Kevin have good chemistry but I also like Jason.
I just wish Joe and Sarah would go ahead and have a quick divorce so he could be totally out of the picture. Sarah is so much better when she's not around him and having fun. Hopefully, we'll get to see something good from her next week.

Sally Field continues to bring her A game every episode.

Nick

Second Unit

No storyline for her this week. She's was only in for about a minute and we don't see her the rest of the show. Must be nice working for a minute and probably get paid more than our whole year salary :)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I think it was about time that Sarah's storyline got a break, and we see more of Tommy's storyline, which seemed to be MIA during the last half of last season.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
As near as I could tell from preview for next week's show it appears Sarah storyline will be starting a new chapter.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sarah temporarily losing custody was pretty sad (very good performance by Rachel Griffiths), but it's just temporary, the big battles are still to come. Joe definitely outflanked her in these early battles, but Sarah will come back with some better strategies (I hope).

Tommy is playing with fire, carrying on with Lena.

Justin is loading up on the painkillers, going back down the same road to addiction.

Kitty's preggers, and Robert finally said the right things, albeit on the air during a televised debate for his party's nomination. I'm having problems imagining Calista Flockhart putting on weight, even fake weight. Quite the challenge for the makeup and wardrobe department. :D

Kim D

Stunt Coordinator

My immediate reaction was to feel for Sarah.

However, Joe was the stay-at-home dad. It makes logical sense that he would get custody. In the real world, I doubt that custody would have been handed to him that easily.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this arc. And I hope it makes people think. Why should Sarah get custody just because she's the mother? Joe was the "mother" every day.

Interesting.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Sarah chose to pursue her successful career and leave daily parenting duties to Joe during their marriage, but now wants to do a flip and have primary custody. This would be analogous to an old fashioned stay-at-home mom losing custody to a workaholic dad.

I know we're supposed to feel sorry for Sarah, and hate Joe for his tactics but given the "mom always gets the kids, regardless" prejudice that permeates the family courts I don't blame him one bit for getting a head start on his uphill battle. For ever-so-progressive and liberal Nora to suddenly adopt a 50's attitude is highly hypocritical.

Sorry but I have little to no sympathy for Sarah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks