What's new

Desperate Housewives season 4 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Tonight, Desperate Housewives returns for a 4th season.

All I can remember:

Edy has assumed room temperature, but looks like she might be taking over the narration duties given her presence in the marketing for the 4th season.

Susan and Mike tied the knot in a small romantic ceremony.

Gabrielle is married, but she's got the hots for Carlos again, and her new hubby isn't quite totally in love with her, but sees marriage to her in terms of voting demographics.

Bree has returned from her "trip". Bree is pretending to be Danielle as she stays out of sight while bearing her child (that Bree is going to pretend is hers and Orson's).

Lynette is stricken with cancer, and tries to push her mom away, but mom stood her ground.

Looking forward to the new addition to the cast:

Dana Delaney

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
After a sub-par season 2 and a rebounding and fair season 3, season 4's first episode was delicious. Best episode since season 1 although season 3's killer in the grocery store hostage episode was great as well. Love the new storylines. Felicity is at her best when given serious issues to contend with so I am really looking forward to her story and how her friends and family deal with her situation.
The Gabby/Carlos/Edie triangle is going to be great stuff.
Dana Delany and Nathan Fillion are perfect for their roles. Hopefully they are given some meaty stories.
Is it too obvious that Susan's pregnancy isn't by way of Mike? They didn't lay it all out last night but something tells me that she is further along than she thinks and Mike will have to deal with the fact that Susan is carrying Ian's baby.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I thought the same things Southpaw. Yes, whose baby is Susan really carrying? Hmmm, soapy stuff! I hope it's not Ian's. Liked Felicity pulling off the wig.

The Dana Delany/Nathan Fillion secret seems so contrived, it's sent a red alert in my head. Is this going to be another non-starter as they did with Alfie Woodard. Perhaps it ties back to Susan's daugther so it has some weight.

I hope the Gabby/Carlos/Edie business won't tease too long and resolve itself. But I'm sure they will milk it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Lynette's noggin is huge! (I know it's a bald cap, but still...)

I can't remember how much sex Susan was having in the past 2 months with both Ian and Mike, but I guess there's a chance it could be Ian's.

Bree and the faux pregnancy had a good laugh with the fork.

Did they just transport Nathan Fillion's role from "Waitress"? Is Dylan a replacement kid? So what did happen in that room?

The Carlos/Gabby/Edy/Victor suplot could be good, or could be clumsy.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I haven't been watching this show for a while, but with the new cast member, I just might start watching again.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason

I don't think this will go the way of Alfie Woodard. As good as she is, I think she was totally miscast and the story was just weird and went nowhere. I don't think the writers are going to make the same mistake with Dana and Nathan. These two seem perfect for a new mysterious couple with plenty of secrets.
At first, I thought the daughter had amnesia or something but it looked by the end of the episode that she is a different person altogether.

Terry H

Second Unit
Actually, they dropped a big fat hint with that one month anniversary card Susan gave Mike. I thought that was odd at the time but I now realize it was a device so people would "get" the timing. I'm fairly sure they married quickly after Ian departed and either man could be the father. True? I don't know who the proud papa is but suspect they'll milk the question most of the season.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Fillion and Delaney - good match. Here's hoping Fillion finally gets some traction with the rest of the public. After going under the radar for so long with Slither, Firefly, and Drive its about time he got some visibility. Too bad this is not my type of show. I'll be checking this thread to get everyone's feel on his addition to the cast.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I thought Susan's whining about her menopause and Eddies manipulation dragged the episode down. Are we going to have to deal with these contrived plots all season?
Enjoyed seeing Dana Delaney and Nathan Fillion and look forward to the gay couple arriving soon.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
All my wife could think was: she's middle forty, worried about Menopause.. if this was "Tell Me You Love Me" she'd find out she was having a down syndrome child, start stalking people and seeing a full time therapist and worrying about her place in the world. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Why doesn't Carlos just move the money to another offshore account?

Catherine's dirty little secret is still obtuse w/r/t her daughter, even though the hubby is totally in cahoots.

They boobed up the scenes with the ladies in this episode (Gabby, Bree and Susan).

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason

Nothing wrong with that Patrick! :)

Another great episode. These first 2 eps remind me why I got hooked on this show in season 1. Loved the opening bit with Carlos and the "neighborhood thief".
Susan at the party was hilarious.
I also question the Carlos and offshore account story. While it may seem likely that he has money offshore because of the storyline from season 1 and 2 and going to jail and all, it just seems like this came out of the blue. I kind of like that Edie is blackmailing him though and we'll see where this "hitman" thing goes.
BTW, Dana Delaney is the best cast addition to any show in quite some time. She fits in perfectly.

Nick

Second Unit

That guy just have no luck with any serie he's in. I was really disappointed that "Firefly" didn't last more than Just one season. I really love that show even went to see the movie and bought the DVD.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Edie's my favorite, but I'm not liking the turn with her character. She genuinely seemed to love Carlos, but now she's blackmailing the man she loves?!?!? Her desperation seemed pathetic before, and now she seems more interested in that money as leverage.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

I don't think he has offshore money. I think Gabriella -does-. Didn't she take like a million+ in money for the death of Carlos' mom and then hide it? I was thinking that's what this was, and now Carlos full on knows and is out to get it back? Or am I totally off the reservation...

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I thought last season Carlos created some fake documents to trick Gabbie to believe he had a ton of money stashed away during their divorce. I thought that was what Edie might have found. Just my guess.

Another guess; the hitman is just going to scare her off.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I'm sure there'll be some twist to the "hitman" plot, since they were careful to never use any words like "kill" or "hitman." :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, it looks like Carlos hired a CPA to dirty up Edie.

Lynette on the weed-laced brownies should be a weekly event.

Susan going to Bree's "gyno" was good for some icky laughs.

Catherine and that gash in the floor... something bad really happened in that room.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I have a real problem with this whole Catherine thing. I suppose it's too early to pass judgment at this point, but we at least know that something bad happened in that house, right? It will take quite a story to convince me that it wasn't completely implausible for them to actually move back into the house where this "bad thing" supposedly happened. And with the new husband no less. Give me a break.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Wow. No comments on Sunday's episode?

Easily the funniest episode of the entire series run (the crabcakes thing was one of four or five LOL moments -- my wife and I were cackling throughout). The Dana Delany stuff is spinning its wheels, but everything else is clicking and the series is definitely coming back to form after a sophomore slump and an only slightly improved season 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks