Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

rivatuner / nvidia ntune temps don't match infrared temps

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Len Cheong

Len Cheong

Second Unit

• 381 posts

Posted September 30 2007 - 09:11 AM

I've got 2 8800 is sli and consistently the second card becomes 10 degrees hotter in idle (54 C and 64 C) and 20 degrees hotter during gameplay (64 C
and 84 C). When the second card gets this hot, my pc boots out of my game and restarts. I get these temp readings from both nvidia ntune and rivatuner (latest one). However, my infrared temp reader reads that both cards are doing fine and are at about 60C during load. I just take a reading by aiming
it at each card as near as I can.

This is the second pair of 8800 that I've had. The first pair were returned since I thought it was a graphics card issue. Now I know this is not the case. I've swapped the cards and get identical results as well. I thought it was the case but the infrared temp probe reads that my lower card is not hot at all.

Another thing is both cards start at 49 C after fresh reboot and being off.

Is it my motherboard's bios not reporting accurate temps?
What do I believe, rivatuner/nvidia ntune or my infrared temp reader?

Thanks for any replies.
len cheong