Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

itunes / ipod skip occurence...why?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 todbnla

todbnla

Screenwriter

• 1,521 posts
  • Location39466

Posted September 28 2007 - 04:33 PM

When ever I copy a new cd to my itunes library on my pc, then transfer it to one of my ipods, it seems one or more tracks always has an annoying audio skip (no sound) for alike a second or so....what causes this situation?

Anyone else have this problem? Posted Image

I just added the new rascall flatts cd to my libray and I 'll be darned, sure enough, the second trac has this issue too. Posted Image
Regards,
Todd

My Blue-Ray & SD DVD's

Current HT setup: Vizio E601-A3 60" Led display, Pioneer VSX-521-k, Panasonic DMP-BDT320 Integrated Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player, SVS 2531PCi sub, Polk R30 mains, Polk CS125 center, Polk R15 x4 rears

#2 of 5 Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds

Producer

• 3,597 posts

Posted September 28 2007 - 07:14 PM

What bitrate are you using? Are you using Apple Lossless? Does the original CD have the skip? Does the skip occur at the same spot in each track?

CJ
And then when I feel so stuffed I can't eat anymore, I just use the restroom! And then I CAN eat more!

#3 of 5 todbnla

todbnla

Screenwriter

• 1,521 posts
  • Location39466

Posted September 29 2007 - 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ Reynolds
What bitrate are you using? Are you using Apple Lossless? Does the original CD have the skip? Does the skip occur at the same spot in each track?

CJ

Highest...
YES...
NO, pristine out of the wrapper, brand new...
No ...I tend to think this is an occurrence related to PC hardware demand, like another program need resources, etc.?

Regards,
Todd

My Blue-Ray & SD DVD's

Current HT setup: Vizio E601-A3 60" Led display, Pioneer VSX-521-k, Panasonic DMP-BDT320 Integrated Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player, SVS 2531PCi sub, Polk R30 mains, Polk CS125 center, Polk R15 x4 rears

#4 of 5 DaveF

DaveF

• 13,046 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted September 29 2007 - 01:50 AM

This happened when ripping on my old PC. I think it wasn't fast enough to rip and encode correctly, so I got skips. Re-ripping on my new Mac corrects the problem. I've also had similar problems with a few CDs that just didn't rip well

Is this a new or old problem? What's your computer specs? Can you quit all secondary applications and rip / encode then? Does it happen if you use e.g. 128 bit AAC encoding?

#5 of 5 Aaron Reynolds

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter

• 1,709 posts

Posted October 02 2007 - 12:15 AM

Also -- try turning on "use error correction when reading audio CDs". It's in preferences, under Advanced and in the Importing tab.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users