Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 10-2-2007

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 of 47 OFFLINE   GlennH

GlennH

Screenwriter

• 2,127 posts

Posted October 04 2007 - 03:12 AM

FYI, Amazon.com has lowered their price on The Jungle Book to $14.99.

#42 of 47 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,217 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 04 2007 - 03:31 AM

I don't really have anything to bring back. My receipt shows a "pre-order"...but $0.00. What's the point? They're not likely to take $5 off Ratatouille with that. Just go wherever the best deal is. It's not like there's any advantage to pre-order...unless you get some kind of deal/incentive to do so.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#43 of 47 OFFLINE   FranklinC

FranklinC

Stunt Coordinator

• 153 posts

Posted October 04 2007 - 10:23 AM

My flirty clerk gave me the pre-order slip but told me it wouldn't work to knock off the $5 when I came back to buy Ratta..whatever. Why'd she give it to me then? I think I'll try it anyway. Is that dishonest?

#44 of 47 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,217 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 04 2007 - 02:33 PM

Franklin: You're just a confused consumer (which I am most of the time). Posted Image Good luck.

So you got a second receipt (a pre-order/deposit slip)? Separate from the receipt on which you purchased things? I only got the one receipt.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#45 of 47 OFFLINE   MarkBirds

MarkBirds

Stunt Coordinator

• 180 posts

Posted October 04 2007 - 05:04 PM

Thanks for the heads-up on the new Dracula CE. That Walmart deal was too good to pass up.
I loves me some zombies.

#46 of 47 OFFLINE   FranklinC

FranklinC

Stunt Coordinator

• 153 posts

Posted October 05 2007 - 12:31 PM

Yeah I got two things -- I got the slip I brought up to the register that she used to scan the barcode and the receipt which shows my purchases ($0.00 for the pre-order). I guess I'll just take the slip in (and not the receipt) when Rattitouille comes out and cross my fingers. If it works I got a pretty great deal -- a total of $10.00 off for both the purchases.

#47 of 47 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,217 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 05 2007 - 01:11 PM

I'm gonna gues that won't work. That slip (assuming you're talking about the little card on the DVD racks which has the barcodes) is only to be used by clerks to ring-up the pre-order. I doubt that'll get you too far. It's funny, my clerk put mine in my bag, too! Just took a look:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users