Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Odd Sound

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   louballs

louballs

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted September 27 2007 - 12:29 PM

Hey guys,

When im watching certain HD channels with my dolby setting on my Yamaha surround sound system I get a crackling sound. It only happens when i set my receiver to dolby and only on certain channels. Do you think its the receiver or possibly the signal from the cable company? If I watch the channel with only my TV producing sound the crackle is eliminated. Thanks in advance!

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   homthtr

homthtr

Supporting Actor

• 519 posts

Posted October 04 2007 - 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louballs
Hey guys,

When im watching certain HD channels with my dolby setting on my Yamaha surround sound system I get a crackling sound. It only happens when i set my receiver to dolby and only on certain channels. Do you think its the receiver or possibly the signal from the cable company? If I watch the channel with only my TV producing sound the crackle is eliminated. Thanks in advance!

1. Are we talking Cable or Satellite?
2. Are you connections from the Cable or satellite box analog or digital?
3. Are you going directly from the Cable box or Satellite receiver to you yamaha?
4. Model numbers of yamaha and Sat/cable box?

My first guess is you have cable... That's probably where the problem is.

5. If it is cable who's your provider? What city/state?