What's new

Dirty Sexy Money season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
ABC offers up "Dirty Sexy Money" in the 10 p.m. EDT timeslot tonight. I'm tuning in simply due to the cast, led by Peter Krause. It's about a lawyer who inherits some dubious rich clients from his father's law firm.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
If you like Dallas or Dynasty you are going to love Dirty Sexy Money. This along with Pushing Daisies the best new shows of the year IMO. Granted i have not seen everything yet, but i can't imagine anything topping these two.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'll watch this just too see if it's worth it or not.
I'm not expecting much though

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

I think it's pretty basic if you like dallas or dynasty or trashy night-time soaps in general tune in, otherwise stay away. This is an updated version of Dynasty no doubt about it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
You can tell Peter Krause has been doing plays because his acting is much more theatrical than before (in Six Feet Under).

The show is very zany, and money sure can sweep away a lot of nutty behavior.

Bryan has to be one of the meanest a-hole clergy ever on TV.

I didn't get why they casted a kid with the biggest blue eyes to play young Nicholas, and then cut to Peter Krause, who's got brown eyes. Sure, the actor playing his father had blue eyes, but, hello, Peter Krause's got brown eyes...

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Perhaps I expected too much of this show, but I was disappointed. I wasn't buying Peter Krause's character making the choices he did. He asserted that he would need to do the job on his own terms and put his family first, then proceeded to do exactly NOT that. When he answered the cell phone at 1am, I was furious at him. He was better at ignoring his own father...

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
This family reminded me of the Bluths from Arrested Development without as much comedy. I like the cast, but I just don't see how they can sustain this as a series. I don't see this show lasting the entire season. Just my $0.02 of opinion.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I really liked the pilot. I can see lots of possibilities for this show. Excellent cast. Good setup for some interesting stories down the road. IMO, best show of the young season.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I saw this as a cross between Brothers & Sisters and Dallas. Don't remember Dynasty, so I can't make that comparsion.

I would agree with that. I'll give it a few more episodes, but the characters were really annoying, making it difficult for me to enjoy.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping we aren't going to be treated to a weekly dose of the "Are you shitting me?" look from Nicholas when the Darlings (gotta love the name, given the irony) get into trouble and he has to figure out ways of bailing them out, or giving them the advice that doesn't totally offend their sensibilities honed from decades of wealth and entitlement. We are going to have to see some form of personal growth with all of the Darlings, most of which coming through the example that Nicholas sets, even while retaining some human elements of giving into temptation and grey areas. It's a tricky balance to strike in a show like this, but I am hoping for the best.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Hadn't planned on watching this, but my wife TiVo'd it so I checked it out. I liked it and will watch for a few episodes, but don't know if I'll stick with it all season. (I picked up entirely too many shows this season. :) )

BTW, saw on one of those entertainment shows (ET I think) that the "tranny hooker" Carmelita played by Candis Cayne is an actual post-op transexual(born Brendan McDaniel ). Although her voice was a bit deep, she definitely would have fooled me.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Seems a bit conventional for Krause after the challenging Six Feet Under. Seems his co-star got the better show when he moved over to Dexter, always choose Pay over free networks.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Right. That's why All in the Family lasted only one season on CBS and why HBO bombed so badly with The Sopranos and Deadwood and why nobody watches Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Shield or Rescue Me, because you can't sustain a show about amoral, unlikeable characters. ;)

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Blue eyes are a recessive trait. That means if you inherent the allele for brown eyes from one parent and the allele for blue eyes from the other, you will have brown-eyes. But you will still carry the allele for blue eyes. If your brown-eyed spouse also has one blue-eyed parent, the two of you can have blue-eyed children - in fact, you will 25% of the time, on average. 50% of your offspring are likely to have brown eyes, but carry the blue-eyed trait, and the remaining 25% will have only the markers for brown eyes. (Statistically speaking.)

So there is nothing odd or unlikely about the eye colors of the actors involved. (And casting directors usually cast the best actor for a part, without too much regard for details of appearance, even when casting relatives. ;))

Regards,

Joe

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

You do realize that I was complaining about casting a child with really big blue eyes to play young Nicholas, and then Peter Krause shows up with big brown eyes as Nicholas the adult? Do people's eye color change as they grow older? Just looking for some eye color consistency. It was a strange casting choice for the child.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks