What's new

House season 4 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just a reminder that House returns tonight, and he's auditioning for a new crew to do his bidding.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am really looking forward to this show and Bones returning tonight. :)

Time to see the new interns get abused. mwah-haha.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm sort of disappointed. Not with anything the episode did — it was standard House fare with a better than usual twist at the end — but with the marketing for the season premiere. I'm really excited by the "hiring a new team" storyline and the advertising made it seem like we'd be jumping right into it. At the end of the episode, I felt like I was just as far ahead in timeline as I did going into it. It almost felt like an episode between the seasons.
That being said, I'm really looking forward to next week. The preview was hilarious.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I think, though Adam, this episode was one that had to happen. It would have been hard to accept House immediately jumping into hiring. Having an episode where he has to realize that he needs to do it had to happen. And, it was pretty creative how they got it out of the way.

Besides, the moment where he "terrorized" a TiVO is CLASSIC

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Absolutely. Like I said, my problem was more with Fox marketing than the episode itself. I thought they were advertising the season premiere. Apparently they were actually advertising the season. Simply a case of misaligned expectations.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Man there would be hell to pay if someone messed with my DVR!

Great opening for the season and the funny thing is I didn't even really miss Chase, Foreman and Cameron all that much. The stuff between House and Wilson was priceless.

TV's best grump is back! :cool:

Marianne

Supporting Actor
I was surprised that the "old team" was still listed in the opening credits - does this mean that they will re-appear occasionally (it does appear so from the trailer for next week).

He really does need a team - it is boring if House only has Cuddy and Wilson to torment. They are too easy - he needs better adversaries. It is a new low, even for House, to pick on a janitor!

The "mass interviews" look promising for next week (next few weeks?).

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
This was a pretty good episode for me. I agree it was nice to see House have to work alone. I also agree that this episode was necessary for us to believe he needs to hire new people.

As for the mystery this episode, I guessed it as soon as they showed her swollen face. I was just waiting around for them to figure it out.

I loved how House got the Janitor to wear a smock and hang out with him and his patient. I also loved how mortified that Cuddy looked in her office when the mom was finking on House.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Adam:

That's what I've heard as well. And in that situation, I love it. I think the whole thing is a logical growth of the characters and torments him as much as anyone ;)

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor

Yes, now that I think of it. I saw her name in the credits and recalled years ago I considered her a hottie. But then I for got about looking for her character.

AllanN

Supporting Actor
Anyone else notice the obvious nod to the late great Stanley Kubrick's masterpiece 2001: A Space Odyssey on tonights opening of of House M.D.?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sure, noticed the 2001 nod rather easily, though letting it represent what someone was hearing through their eyes was kinda neat.

Loved the episode, just fun stuff with the whittling down the room full of candidates for House's next team, plus the re-appearance of Chase, Foreman and Cameron that drove House to distraction.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
What a fun episode. Now this is what I was looking forward to last week. I really liked that the producers were relentless about throwing away characters they'd devoted considerable screen time to. It's going to be tough for them to steer away from Chase Redux, Cameron Redux and Foreman Redux. I don't like the Mormon doctor for that reason — he slotted into Foreman's role as adversary a little too easily. The E.R. doctor from last episode looks almost exactly like Cameron three seasons ago. She's refreshingly different personality-wise, but I'm not sure that's enough. I just plain didn't like the plastic surgeon — probably because he reminded me forcibly of doctors I've known in real life and didn't like.
So far, the candidate I'm rooting for most is Kumar. He wasn't doing anything for me until he showed back up with his number flipped upside down. His "why the fuck not" attitude is refreshing; the tequila suggestion sold the deal.

My only concern with bringing the original team back after the Cameron scene is that they're going to get trapped as either glorified cameos or eat up valuable screentime from the medical mysteries. If my spoiler is correct, Foreman will still have an organic role on the show. The other two will be harder and harder to shoehorn back into the story.

All that being said, it feels like a new show. And that after three seasons of strict formula adherence is a good thing. Dr. Gregory House is still the most interesting character on television.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The interesting thing about Foreman actually being a hallucination is that it means Cuddy[sic?] didn't lie. If he'd asked about Chase or Cameron, she would have probably ended his suffering.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks