What's new

Has anybody received their orders from WHV Sale? (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Has anybody received at least a partial order from the last Warner Home Video Sale back in August?

Crawdaddy

Thornhill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tony
I actually called them yesterday for this same reason.

I was told that they had had problems fulfilling all
orders placed between 08/06-09/04. Apparently they
have since rectified the situation and everything was back
on schedule to ship on the 4th of September. I mentioned to
the guy that it was now the 24th. He said that he didn't have
exact shipping info but that my items that have since been released
are in the warehouse being prepared for shipment. He said that
people usually get their orders within 7-10 days once they are in the warehouse being prepared for shipment.

They do have a $10.00 voucher that's good for future orders on their website. It's available to all customers who were affected by this delay. Anyway that's the story.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
NO.

I wrote to them last week and have only had FOUR copies of the acknowledgement email, but no real reply.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Yeah, it's getting a bit ridiculous. If I don't get something in the next week I'm calling to outright cancel.

I'd rather spend a few extra bucks and have the product in hand than get a deal and never receive what I ordered.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping my request to cancel my order gets processed soon. $10 and a marginal savings when sales tax is factored into the equation is not worth this hassle to me.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I, too, requested a cancellation of my order that I placed 3 weeks ago. (requested it last Thursday) I called the 800 number and the lady told me they would notify shipping of my request. I have yet to receive any type of confirmation. I will never order from them again no matter what great deals they offer.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
My in-stock movies from my 8/5 orders shipped within the week, but my preorders for 9/18 haven't shipped yet. I also have Kubrick and Blade Runner on the same order.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Well, I just got a reply to my email of six days ago, but its a standard form letter with no real info...

Thank you for contacting Online Customer Service.

We are currently experiencing difficulties with our new order tracking system and are unable to provide specific details on order status at this time. We appreciate that this is frustrating and apologize sincerely for the delay in confirming details. We intend to have the issue resolved as soon as possible and will provide information as soon as we have it. Thank you for your continued patience as we go through this system change.

Thanks again for contacting us.

Regards,
Online Customer Service

CRyan

Screenwriter
I received those that had already been released within a week. I am still waiting on the other portion of the order with pre-releases - All on the same order though.

Brian Little

Stunt Coordinator
I got told the same thing over the phone on Friday about the computer issues. This is absolutely frustrating as I was hoping to have watched most of "Smallville" Season 6 by now. Instead its sitting on THEIR end while I continue to wait and wait.

Warner as much as I love their products they really need to fix their stuff before they continue taking any more orders. I was going to preorder the Kubricks, the Blade Runner set, and the Harry Potters but I'm very weary as of right now that I would even get any of them within a year at this rate.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I've got 4 titles now being held for ransom. Very frustrating because I've been waiting all summer for some worthwhile titles and now this......

I'm hoping they get their shit straightened out soon because I have 14 other titles coming in the next few months that I already ordered.

I'm saving too much money to not wait it out a little longer. The less money I invest in these formats, the better.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I ordered both seasons of Smallville on 9/9. I'm not expecting to have them anytime in the near future based on what I'm reading here.

Damn shame too, as I was looking forward to revisiting some of S6's highlights before the new season.

Oh well...as long as I get them eventually I'll be happy.

Brian Little

Stunt Coordinator
Just got off the phone with "Tammy" from Warner's 800 number. She told me that according to her "senior supervisor" that they are expecting to have the issue fixed "by the end of this week" which means they better hurry up (since its Thursday now). She also told me that since they have "a large amount of orders" that I shouldn't expect my order to be shipped until next week at the earliest.

I expressed my lack of satisfaction on their part of making me go out of MY way to find out what is going on - especially since now my bank account has been charged for the order in full including preorders for over a week now. Not good service if you ask me.

The number by the way to call is 1-800-364-6928. 8:00 AM and Midnight Monday through Friday and Saturday from 8:30am to 7:00pm, Eastern Standard Time (except holidays) according to Warner's online info.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Everyone else is doing such a good job slamming Warner right now, I feel kinda bad about chiming in. But I will anyway.

Ordered Smallville S6 on September 6. My card had been initially charged while the order sat "in process." The order is still in process despite two requests to cancel it. The canned response I keep getting is the order is in the shipping phase (bullshit) and can not be cancelled. I can, however, refuse delivery and return the items for a refund.

Yeah, I'm not doing that either, just to be clear.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
It took nearly a week since my request, but my order was finally canceled. This has been such a bad experience for me that I will never order from them again.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Well, only one of my items has streeted and not been shipped. All the others are still set for a future release date (starting 10/9). The one that hasn't shipped is the title I have the least interest in.

I think I'll wait it out, and if they don't ship my 10/9 order (Twilight Zone: The Movie) I'll call and cancel.

No matter what I do I'm not using their service again. Amazon.com and Deepdiscount.com have always served me well enough.

Eric F

Screenwriter
I've had absolutely nothing in my $136 order ship yet. Most haven't streeted yet, only 2 have, but we're coming up on 4 more, and I have no idea what's going on.

I ask again, where is this $10 voucher people are talking about?

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully with all the people cancelling their orders mine will ship a lot quicker. :D I'm about to be flooded with Amazon orders in the next few months so I can wait a little bit longer.

If I do eventually get fed up and end up cancelling Warner will end up with some lost sales because I'll be paring down my selections quite a bit. Some of the titles I jumped at for less than $15 just aren't that tempting at $20 and over.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I placed an order for 3 catalog titles (already in stock) on Sept. 4. As of this morning, expresscheckout still showed my order as "in process" with no shipment information given. Don't trust what it says at expresscheckout!.... My wife found the package from Warner with my 3 discs sitting on the front porch this morning. It was obviously sitting there since yesterday because it was UPS ground and UPS doesn't deliver ground packages on Saturday.

Bottom line: I got my discs and at a great price! Patience was a virtue.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks