What's new

Big Bang Theory (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm watching Big Bang Theory: to my surprise, I love it. It's so ridiculously geeky, embracing and laughing at and with science nerds. I doubt it will survive, but I'll enjoy it while it's on.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Downloading it now.
Won't be able to watch it until I come home from work.
But looking forward to it.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Tivo had an early showing of the first episode and I watched it over the weekend. This show is great, the nerdiness is perfect. And just when you think the main two can't get nerdier, in steps the geek who thinks he is so cool and suave :D

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Bailed after 10 minutes. Too run of the mill and telegraphed jokes for me.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked this show. This means it is doomed. :frowning:

The two main guys had some pretty good comedic timing. I would think that this would get even better if the show lasts for a while.

This might be a show that only nerds will like though which might hurt it in the ratings.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Wow, really? I watched this online a few months ago for a survey (signed up for the mailing list after visiting the Vegas CBS research place and they send surveys every month or so), and I thought this show was utter garbage. I don't know if anything has changed from that viewing, the few minutes I saw of it while my roommate watched it seemed exactly the same unfunny show with an annoying as hell laugh track though.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought the pilot was a little painful to watch, maybe it hit too close to home...

But Kaley's easy on the eyes.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Half the jokes aren't even jokes... the laugh track goes off whenever someone says 'Heisenberg'.

Otherwise the humor is too specific, not enough physical comedy. I have $5 that it gets cancelled by episode 6.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I guess the jokes are a little nerdy for most.

Don't worry folks, I said publicly that I like this show, so it will be cancelled soon.

I hope everyone will be happy with the game show, or re-run they put in it's place.

Personally I would rather have this show than yet another game show. I doubt that they have another new show waiting in the wings to take over the slot.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

Its not that the jokes are too nerdy, its pretty much exactly what Garrett said, not even jokes.

As for another game show or rerun being put in its place, I've already got too many shows to watch on some nights so I spread them out over multiple nights with DVR anyway, so it doesn't matter to me.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I liked it quite a bit. The "today we tried masterbating for money" actually had me spit out my diet coke.

The one guy is doing a bit too much of a David Hyde Pierce / Niles Crane imitation, but over all, I thought it was a lot of fun. Mindless fun. Not a show that I have to watch each week to keep up on, not one that will have it's plot points picked apart on thousands of message boards. Just mindless fun.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The ratings for "Bang" were higher than for "How I Met Your Mother" (6.0 vs. 5.3).

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm not surprised it's a love it or hate response. What I know is that this show had me laughing harder than any sitcom has in years, and far outstripped The Simpsons season starter.

Part, I expect, is many of the non-joke jokes. Some things are just intrinsically funny. While I don't know geeks of this magnitude, I relate well to the concept of these guys. I've gone to school with this, they're my friends.

And yes, I'm sure it will be canceled soon. :frowning:

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
I thought the first episode was hilarious. There were actually a few moments that had me literally laughing out loud (which doesn't happen much with sitcoms these days). Like a lot of you on here, I relate a lot to these kinds of guys ... I'm not as much of a geek as they are, but I certainly know people who are! Hope it survives a while....

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Those who hate this show are probably those who tormented Nerds when they were in school. :)

They are upset that they can't reach into the screen and give the main guys wedgies like they did in their past glory days. They are upset that the nerds are taking over.

Nerds!
Nerds!
Nerds!...............

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I hate to admit as well, but I watched and laughed quite a few times. The problem is, I don't see enough ideas to keep it going without getting old. I really think it would have more potential if the lovely Kaley's character were actually smart. The dumb blonde thing is so old.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I really liked this show too. and enjoyed the humor.
Sheldon and Leonard are like-able characters and have good chemistry together.

I hope this show sticks around awhile.
I would like to see it do well.

Joseph Howard

Stunt Coordinator
I know these people. I am one of these people. I've played Klingon Boggle.
Kah-Plah!!

My twins are "smart & pretty" (the complex conjugation of TWO imaginaries
are REAL!!)

I laughed the entire show. Want to see more.

Dr. Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks