JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
All right Family Guy fans!!

Family Guy returns this Sunday night with an hour long Star Wars Parody Special
(George Lucas APPROVED!)

Blue Harvest

With the Griffins stuck at home during a blackout, Peter begins to tell a story, which leads to a Star Wars flashback. Acting out scenes from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, Peter plays Han Solo, Lois is Princess Leia, Stewie becomes Darth Vader, Brian plays Chewbacca, and Chris is Luke Skywalker. Cleveland and Quagmire will play the parts of R2-D2 and C-3PO, while Herbert is the wise Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Also to add, Meg is seen in the episode as a Dianoga. When asked by a fan at Celebration IV about the role of Joe Swanson, Tom Tucker, and Diane Simmons, Seth MacFarlane said that Joe would be Biggs, and Tom and Diane would be Imperial news agents covering the escape of Princess Leia.

Here is a list of future episodes

Movin' Out (Brian's Song)-
Believe It Or Not, Joe's Walking On Air
Stewie Kills Lois (1) 100TH EPISODE!!!
Lois Kills Stewie (2)
McStroke
Padre de Familia
Peter's Daughter
Play it Again, Brian
Back to the Woods
Love Blacktually
The Former Life of Brian
I Dream of Jesus
Long John Peter
Baby Not On Board
Road to Germany
The Man With Two Brians
Tales of a Third Grade Nothing
Ocean's Three and a Half
Family Gay
The Juice is Loose!
Anchorwoman: The Legend of Lois Griffin
Three Kings
Episode 420
Not All Dogs Go to Heaven

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm not the biggest fan of Family Guy but I wanted to check this episode out since I'm a Star Wars fan. Overall, I thought this was a funny episode.

They made great recreations of shots from the movie. Brian and Peter stealing the couch was pretty funny. My favorite line was "Great shot, kid. Don't get penis-y!".

And from the I-can't-believe-I-know-this-but-I-do category, I'm pretty sure that former Simpsons director and current FG director Dominic Polcino is animated in the background of the cantina (when Han shoots Greedo).

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
A really strong episode that — due to it's ANH backbone — actually maintained a solid story through its running time. They were smart with jokes that were dropped early and played off later.

Everything about the couch had me dying. I'm a poor twenty-something that hangs out exclusively with poor twenty-somethings, so everything about that rang true. I've had roommates that found their mattresses on the curb in almost exactly that situation. Fitting a too-large piece of furniture through the door is a nightmare I think we can all relate to.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I really thought this season opener was fantastic! I could just imagine how cool everyone involved in the creation of "Family Guy" thought making this episode was.

I thought it was hysterical that Meg was the garbage monster LOL Poor Meg...

I also liked the couch bit...I can't tell you how many times I've had to move some piece of furniture only to get it caught in doorways and have to figure it all out.

I also thought the bit with Danny Elfman was hysterical!

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Great 2D rotoscoping, and even a Wilhelm! The "Dirty Dancing" bit was unnecessarily long, though. Loved Mayor West as Governor Tarkin. Anybody know who Greedo was supposed to be?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

And i'm proud to say that i'm one of them. ;)

This episode was hysterical in how at times it actually made me think for a *split secnd* that I was indeed watching A New Hope. :laugh: Stewie as Lord Vader reminded me of an even smaller Dark Helmet from Spaceballs but my top two favorite bits were the couch and...

"Red Buttons standing by."

"Red Foxx standing by."

"Big Red standing by."

"Simply Red standing by."

"Red October standing by."

:laugh:

One thing, though, they should have been a little more creative with some of the more popular scenes from ANH, like when Han shot Greedo he should have turned to the camera and said something like "Alright ya happy? I shot first so stop your bitchin' and moanin'" or when the the Stormtrooper hit his head the other ST should have called him a dumbass. :)

Also loved the Vacation ("Roll em' up.") and Airplane! jokes, particularly..."I just want to tell you both good luck, we're all counting on you." :D

phil-w

Stunt Coordinator
I believe that Greedo was Cleveland.

Hillarious episode. The "casting" was perfect.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
"The story of STAR WARS..... we'll start on part 4"

"Oh no, we'll have to finish the movie with Danny Elfman"

"Over my burned cadaver!"

"Just put some plywood over it."

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

Greedo was the tall white guy, Bruce. He's the "ambigiously gay character" with the stereotypically "gay" voice, voiced by the same actor as Cleveland (oddly never with an attempt to alter it at all). He's in a few episodes, and they also just toss his voice on things like clams :)

cheers!

Josh

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Count me as a Family Guy non-fan who tuned in because of the Star Wars connection. Enjoyed it. For me, Family Guy has always been a hit or miss but this was one I'm glad I watched.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
A lot more than that. Baker-era "Doctor Who" is fairly popular over here thanks to nearly endless showings on PBS in the 80s.

Wait a minute... Oh yeah, PBS in the 80s. So, you're right. Three of us. Me, John, and some other guy. :D

Very enjoyable episode of FG. I was suprised at how detailed the animation was, and that they apparently had full use of Williams' score. Many scenes played like shot-for-shot remakes.

The "casting" of FG characters into the SW story was inspired. I especially loved Cleveland as R2-D2 ("Are you still holding that bag?"), and Herbert as Obi-Wan. Some very funny stuff throughout. The couch gag was great, especially Peter/Han hanging on as the Falcon made its escape from the Death Star.

Kudos to Lucas for letting goofballs like the FG & "Robot Chicken" crews have a little good-natured fun with his universe.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter

Too bad they couldn't have lifted the voice track from the late Steven Stucker's Johnny ("...and Leon's getting la-a-a-arger!") like they did for Leslie Nielsen.

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
The wife hates FG...too much bodily function humor, but she relented because of the Star Wars theme.

So many great bits. It would have been great to see the Stormtrooper hit his head or for Luke to call Leia "Carrie" after the deathstar exploded. (I guess he would have called her Mom...or Lois." Too many choice moments to squeeze into one hour.

Loved when the MF was landing on the planet prior to the attack on the deathstar. The guy in the foreground with the scanner going, "Bew! Bew Bew!!!"

The deathstar guys posted directly next to the beam. "I asked for a rail. That's it, just a rail."

"I know, I've almost fallen off that thing soooo many times."

"You know what they said? Then you'll be leaning all the time."

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

No. but I did see Roger from American Dad in the bar.

I LOVED this episode.
They were suppose to have Joe, Diane Simmons and Tom Tucker in this episode. I wonder if there will be a director's cut on the DVD set with their scenes.
I hope they plan on doing the rest of the Star Wars movies.

I also picked up on the Doctor Who/Hyperspace joke(since I'm a Who fan)

I liked the little jokes of the background characters, like when the Falcon was pulling in, one of the two guys in the bottom right was trying to put his arm around the other guy.
And then the other guy with the pistol that was fake shoting in the sky, making the "patoo-patoo"" sounds

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks