What's new

Journeyman - season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Don't worry no spoilers ahead.

I Just watched the pilot for Journeyman on OnDemand HD and I was completely blown away, if this series can remain as exciting and cinematic as the pilot was than this will be one great show.

The lead actor, Kevin McKidd is what held it all together, on top of a solid story and set-up McKidd puts one in the mind of Rod Taylor in The Time Machine in that he exudes the same state of both wonderment and confusion all at once, you feel for him as he struggles to deal with the strange occurances that begin to intrude on his perfect life, he also reminded me a lot of Daniel Craig but that was mostly in appearance.

After it was over I couldn't believe that I had just watched a television show, it really did have a feeling of a theatrical movie and I can't wait to see more. It has it all, traditional time travel elements, solid writing, great acting and lots of heart to spare.

I am so onboard with this show as the pilot was incredible IMO. :emoji_thumbsup:

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Yeah, I saw this last week.
I think this has MAJOR potential

Especially about his deceased girlfriend, that is also a time traveler(Journey woman)?

I LOVED IT!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I've seen the pilot, and I think it's going to be a bit too confusing for the general public on a weekly basis. I didn't love the pilot, and would need to see a few more episodes to see if the premise grabs me enough to commit to watching it on a weekly basis.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I don't know, Patrick, the time travel stuff was pretty straight foreward I thought, there have been many time travel movies and shows that have used these same devices and the pilot did a good job at explaining itself.

Look at Heroes, that show is extremely complex, I was lost quite a few times during the course of the first season, and people ate it up, i'm really hoping they recieve Journeyman the same way. Not saying that Journeyman will pull in Heroes-like numbers but i'm hoping it'll do well enough to flourish.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I love the previews and my wife and I are looking forward to seeing it back to back with Heroes. So I excited to hear your positive reaction, John. (And love the sig :))

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
So Kevin McKidd was in Rome, no? Is he an english actor? I saw some commercials and he seems like he could be struggling with the 'american' accent. It could just be me.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Loved McKidd in Rome, now if we could just get Titus Pullo a series, here he was OK, thou the premise of the series is slightly like Quantum Leap, although Mckidd gets to come back home from time to time. Still I'll watch a few eps and see if it grabs me.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Thanks. :) I seriously thought I was going to blow a gasget laughing at that episode (Angel not Journeyman). :laugh:

If McKidd is english he did a great job covering his accent here as I didn't even notice.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member

From IMDB;

Kevin McKidd was brought up in Elgin, Scotland and was a member of the Moray Youth Theatre before going on to study Engineering at the University of Edinburgh. While at university Kevin became involved with Bedlam Theatre, the university's student theatre company. At this point Kevin decided to give up on engineering and dropped out of university to pursue acting full-time. In 1994 he landed the leading role in the stageplay 'The Silver Darlings', produced by Robert Carlyle's Rain Dog Theatre Company. It was only a matter of time before Kevin made his screen debut as the vicious gangleader Malky Johnson in Gillies Mackinnon's Small Faces (1996). His next role was as the tragic, gentle giant Tommy in Trainspotting (1996).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'll watch it on your say-so, John. Not on OnDemand, though, since mine doesn't have it. I've already got it set up for tomorrow. If I like it, I'll probably keep it in lieu of K-Ville. That isn't catching my fancy so far, and I really don't want to watch four shows every Monday.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I'm really looking forward to this show. Time travel is one of my favorite movie and TV show themes.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Also set to watch it after Heroes. I've always been a fan of Quantum Leap eventhough I thought the finale sucked, but it looks interesting.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

Did you think the finale Sucked or the ending? I always liked the ending it was a bit whimsical, and it left it open for a Continuation.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Pullo will be taking over the role of the Punisher in the sequel from Thomas Jane.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Just watched the premier. I enjoyed it. I am glad he finally convinced the wife. It would have been a little too much. Also, from the coming attractions he seems to get an idea of when its going to happen. So its not completely out of the blue.

Now when he goes back to the 80's-90's. He needs to invest heavily in Microsoft and every other tech stock. Then he doesn't have to worry about his newspaper job to support the family. ;)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I enjoyed it.

The one thing that didn't make sense to me...right before the scene where Dan runs into the gang (including himself) at the restaurant (celebrating his engagement with Livia), he calls his brother from a pay phone. It's supposed to be New Year's Eve 1988, and not only does his brother have a modern cell phone, but Dan is able to call it (like his cell number even if he had one in 1988 would be the same as it is current day). Perhaps I missed something about that scene, but that was a headscratcher to me.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
That scene took place on Dec. 31st 1997.

I liked the show. I'll keep watching. :)

EricW

Senior HTF Member
so the actor is scottish and just uses an american accent ala Christian Bale (who's british but you know what i mean)?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks