-

Photo
- - - - -

Journeyman - season 1 thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
543 replies to this topic

#1 of 544 Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted September 20 2007 - 07:07 PM

Don't worry no spoilers ahead.

I Just watched the pilot for Journeyman on OnDemand HD and I was completely blown away, if this series can remain as exciting and cinematic as the pilot was than this will be one great show.

The lead actor, Kevin McKidd is what held it all together, on top of a solid story and set-up McKidd puts one in the mind of Rod Taylor in The Time Machine in that he exudes the same state of both wonderment and confusion all at once, you feel for him as he struggles to deal with the strange occurances that begin to intrude on his perfect life, he also reminded me a lot of Daniel Craig but that was mostly in appearance.

After it was over I couldn't believe that I had just watched a television show, it really did have a feeling of a theatrical movie and I can't wait to see more. It has it all, traditional time travel elements, solid writing, great acting and lots of heart to spare.

I am so onboard with this show as the pilot was incredible IMO. Posted Image
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#2 of 544 JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,463 posts

Posted September 20 2007 - 11:18 PM

Yeah, I saw this last week.
I think this has MAJOR potential

Especially about
his deceased girlfriend, that is also a time traveler(Journey woman)?

I LOVED IT!

all-banner.jpg

#3 of 544 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,679 posts

Posted September 20 2007 - 11:38 PM

I've seen the pilot, and I think it's going to be a bit too confusing for the general public on a weekly basis. I didn't love the pilot, and would need to see a few more episodes to see if the premise grabs me enough to commit to watching it on a weekly basis.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#4 of 544 Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts

Posted September 21 2007 - 12:06 AM

I don't know, Patrick, the time travel stuff was pretty straight foreward I thought, there have been many time travel movies and shows that have used these same devices and the pilot did a good job at explaining itself.

Look at Heroes, that show is extremely complex, I was lost quite a few times during the course of the first season, and people ate it up, i'm really hoping they recieve Journeyman the same way. Not saying that Journeyman will pull in Heroes-like numbers but i'm hoping it'll do well enough to flourish.

#5 of 544 DaveF

DaveF

Executive Producer

• 13,647 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted September 21 2007 - 01:08 AM

I love the previews and my wife and I are looking forward to seeing it back to back with Heroes. So I excited to hear your positive reaction, John. (And love the sig Posted Image)

#6 of 544 MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,504 posts

Posted September 21 2007 - 01:30 AM

So Kevin McKidd was in Rome, no? Is he an english actor? I saw some commercials and he seems like he could be struggling with the 'american' accent. It could just be me.
"and no one seems to understand the glory of guitar, when out of tune, the off timing, the singers who can't sing, - the beauty of flaw!"

"I apologize if there is anyone in this room I have not offended" - Brahms

My Band - Charlie Don't Surf! https://www.facebook...arlieDontSurfCT

#7 of 544 Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,276 posts

Posted September 21 2007 - 05:22 AM

Loved McKidd in Rome, now if we could just get Titus Pullo a series, here he was OK, thou the premise of the series is slightly like Quantum Leap, although Mckidd gets to come back home from time to time. Still I'll watch a few eps and see if it grabs me.
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#8 of 544 Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts

Posted September 21 2007 - 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveF
(And love the sig Posted Image)

Thanks. Posted Image I seriously thought I was going to blow a gasget laughing at that episode (Angel not Journeyman). Posted Image

If McKidd is english he did a great job covering his accent here as I didn't even notice.

#9 of 544 MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,504 posts

Posted September 21 2007 - 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Hammer!
If McKidd is english he did a great job covering his accent here as I didn't even notice.

From IMDB;

Kevin McKidd was brought up in Elgin, Scotland and was a member of the Moray Youth Theatre before going on to study Engineering at the University of Edinburgh. While at university Kevin became involved with Bedlam Theatre, the university's student theatre company. At this point Kevin decided to give up on engineering and dropped out of university to pursue acting full-time. In 1994 he landed the leading role in the stageplay 'The Silver Darlings', produced by Robert Carlyle's Rain Dog Theatre Company. It was only a matter of time before Kevin made his screen debut as the vicious gangleader Malky Johnson in Gillies Mackinnon's Small Faces (1996). His next role was as the tragic, gentle giant Tommy in Trainspotting (1996).
"and no one seems to understand the glory of guitar, when out of tune, the off timing, the singers who can't sing, - the beauty of flaw!"

"I apologize if there is anyone in this room I have not offended" - Brahms

My Band - Charlie Don't Surf! https://www.facebook...arlieDontSurfCT

#10 of 544 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,837 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted September 23 2007 - 03:12 PM

I'll watch it on your say-so, John. Not on OnDemand, though, since mine doesn't have it. I've already got it set up for tomorrow. If I like it, I'll probably keep it in lieu of K-Ville. That isn't catching my fancy so far, and I really don't want to watch four shows every Monday.

#11 of 544 Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Producer

• 5,262 posts

Posted September 23 2007 - 11:22 PM

This sounds a lot like a computer game from a couple of years ago.
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

#12 of 544 Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted September 24 2007 - 02:24 AM

I'm really looking forward to this show. Time travel is one of my favorite movie and TV show themes.
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#13 of 544 Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,934 posts

Posted September 24 2007 - 03:55 AM

Also set to watch it after Heroes. I've always been a fan of Quantum Leap eventhough I thought the finale sucked, but it looks interesting.
Listen Up People.., Rack Em and Pack Em.., We're Phantoms in 15.

#14 of 544 Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,276 posts

Posted September 24 2007 - 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome Grate
Also set to watch it after Heroes. I've always been a fan of Quantum Leap eventhough I thought the finale sucked, but it looks interesting.

Did you think the finale Sucked or the ending? I always liked the ending it was a bit whimsical, and it left it open for a Continuation.
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#15 of 544 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,879 posts

Posted September 24 2007 - 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Scarpa
Loved McKidd in Rome, now if we could just get Titus Pullo a series, here he was Ok.

Pullo will be taking over the role of the Punisher in the sequel from Thomas Jane.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#16 of 544 Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,276 posts

Posted September 24 2007 - 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd s
Pullo will be taking over the role of the Punisher in the sequel from Thomas Jane.

Jane was pretty good in the role. I can't picture Pullo in it
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#17 of 544 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,879 posts

Posted September 24 2007 - 04:22 PM

Just watched the premier. I enjoyed it. I am glad he finally convinced the wife. It would have been a little too much. Also, from the coming attractions he seems to get an idea of when its going to happen. So its not completely out of the blue.

Now when he goes back to the 80's-90's. He needs to invest heavily in Microsoft and every other tech stock. Then he doesn't have to worry about his newspaper job to support the family. Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#18 of 544 Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,867 posts

Posted September 24 2007 - 04:54 PM

I enjoyed it.

The one thing that didn't make sense to me...right before the scene where Dan runs into the gang (including himself) at the restaurant (celebrating his engagement with Livia), he calls his brother from a pay phone. It's supposed to be New Year's Eve 1988, and not only does his brother have a modern cell phone, but Dan is able to call it (like his cell number even if he had one in 1988 would be the same as it is current day). Perhaps I missed something about that scene, but that was a headscratcher to me.

#19 of 544 Ray H

Ray H

Producer

• 3,477 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted September 24 2007 - 05:24 PM

That scene took place on Dec. 31st 1997.

I liked the show. I'll keep watching. Posted Image
"Here's looking at you, kid."

#20 of 544 EricW

EricW

Screenwriter

• 2,309 posts

Posted September 24 2007 - 06:15 PM

so the actor is scottish and just uses an american accent ala Christian Bale (who's british but you know what i mean)?.
"now, if that's a fact, tell me... am i lying?"

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow