What's new

Barry Lyndon (1 Viewer)

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
With the upcoming Kubrick re-releases in October, I was wondering what was happening with Barry Lyndon - is this not coming out with a new restoration set... is it coming on blu-ray/hd-dvd??? Do we know?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
It will not be among next month's releases, Neil. Which is sad for me, since Barry Lyndon is often my "second favorite" title by Mr. Kubrick. But a reissue will occur eventually (probably in a time when this stupid format war has been decided).

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
Thanks for tha info Jack. I wish there was some concrete news about Kubrick Blu-ray in the UK... I have to say, that I am close to upgrading to Blu-ray PS3and I'd like to christian my new set up with the blu-ray 2001... gutted though that they are holding out on Barry Lyndon, this too, is my second favourite.

Is it not being re-isseued at all, even in SD?

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
It's my No. 1 favorite Kubrick film :).

(I've said it in every Lyndon/Kubrick/"most-wanted SE" thread, but I'm going to keep chiming in until Warner counts all these posts and gets motivated.)

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
Actually, the previous releases of Barry Lyndon (and Lolita, IIRC) were widescreen: they were matted at 1.66:1, albeit without anamorphic enhancement.

The real question, which hasn't been answered yet, is whether these new releases are anamorphic remasters.

Brian Little

Stunt Coordinator
That's right... I keep forgetting they technically were letterbox transfers since the last time I watched "Barry Lyndon" was several years ago on my now long gone 27 inch Sony VVega.

John CW

Supporting Actor
I know this isn't of interest to most people here, but wasn't the R2 version anamorphic?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks