What's new

Ghost Whisperer - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's coming up real soon now. A week from Friday. I almost gave up on the show last season, but I stuck around through the season finale. I might as well pick it up at the season opener and see what's what this year.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Well, we all know that at least two things will be standing out as usual on this show.

:laugh: :laugh:

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

I always liked this Family Guy, Ghost Whisperer joke

"Why do you ghosts always come to me?"

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yes, Robert i'm really looking foreward to them, er her, er it. :D

Can't wait, still love this show even though I felt the build-up to the big accident last year was bigger than the actual accident.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I saw this on the schedule for tonight when I was at my sister's house. Was it a rerun, or did it premiere tonight? I'll have to check my DVR and see if I got it.

Wiki says next week is the first of the season. Hopefully, tonight's was a repeat of the season closer to get people up to speed.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
According to my guide summary next week is indeed the season premiere.

BTW, Greg, right now i'm eating and breathing Friday Night Lights trying to cram for the premiere, right now i'm on episode 13. I would have finished it already had it not been for me cramming to get caught up on Bones, Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy.

This show is fantastic, love me some Lyla, that girl is smokin' hot, she reminds me of Penelope Cruz. :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Glad you're liking it. If you don't get caught up in time, I think you've said you've got a DVR. :emoji_thumbsup:

Yeah, the ladies of FNL are niiiiiiice.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
If you boys continue to talk about my JLH in this crude fashion...I'm afraid I'm gonna hafta ask you to step outside...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It was okay, and the redhead and young Melinda's mom were fine, but I think I miss this show being a heartwarming, ghost-of-the-week thing. The ongoing arc intrudes too much.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I would have responded much earlier but I never recieved emails for this thread so i figured it went cold. I agree, Greg, the ghost-of-the-week sappy stuff is what drew me in initially and I wish they wouldn't stray too far from that. But the dead father telling his daughter about the photo album was done nicely and satisfied me.

Christopher, sorry, I love Love but I love Love's lovable lovely's even more. :D

Seriously Jen's my girl and I adore her.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, the ending with the father was back to the good ol' "excuse me, I got something in my eye" Ghost Whisperer that I love. The rest of it wasn't terrible, but it's more serious than what I really want out of this show. During most of the first season, GW was a nice antidote to the violence and anger of the rest of the TV week. At the time I discovered GW, T-Bag was killing a cat and a man beat his wife to death with a baseball bat on The Night Stalker. It was nice seeing something that was a little more Robert Mitchum's right fist than his left.

Edit: Wow! I am damn good! The first episode I saw was Ghost Interrupted on October 7, 2005, and the episode of Night Stalker I'm talking about aired the night before! Go me! The cat thing was at the end of the month, though.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
This week's episode was supposed to be called "Bloody Mary", but I'm pretty sure the one I saw was called "Clingy Knit Top with Bow". ;) At least that's mostly what I remember from it.

The real identity of the ghost was pretty obvious, but the urban legend angle was fun, as was seeing Melinda in the role of skeptic. OK, and seeing her in that top with the bow. :D

(And the teaser at the end was a nice touch. The combination of stand-alone stories with a continuing thread is a good one and has worked with other shows and I like its use here.)

Regards,

Joe

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Alright I know this is old hat now but i'm saying it anyway, Love has THE greatest rack on television hands down!

There, it's out of my system for this week. :D

Anyone recognize the girl who was the ghost? It was Mae Whitman aka president Whitmore's little girl from Independence Day. Decent episode although that punk ghost in the records room is beginning to irritate me, how i'd love to call Dr. Venkman, Dr. Spengler and the boys on that little jerk lol.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I knew from the start that it wasn't the real Bloody Mary, because Sam and Dean already sent her to Hell. It was actually pretty obvious early what was going on. It was alright. I'm not close to dropping the show, but it hasn't made much of an impression yet this season.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I sort of wish the show would go back to the sappy, ghost of the week stuff. The ongoing story arch is getting do dark and somber. I miss the sappy days.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
JLH does a "stupid questions" interview in the new Entertainment Weekly where she pokes a lot of fun at the obsession over her breasts. ;)

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
OK...since we seem to have gone down this road, is it me or has JLH's hind quarters expanded quite a bit this season? Has she given birth recently or something?

I am not saying bad or good, I am just saying she appears different.

-Keith

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
So, was the war story from last night (Oct 12) enough of a stand-alone tearjerker for everybody? :)

And JLH gives new meaning to the term "little black dress". :D How is it nobody seems to have talked her up as the new Wonder Woman?

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks