Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

I can't Believe....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   brap

brap

Stunt Coordinator

• 114 posts

Posted September 19 2007 - 02:41 AM

I can't believe that I took the plunge (or the Red Pill) and bought the Toshiba A2 HD DVD player. I was shaking in happiness so much I got a headache. Spent the whole time re-arranging the wires to my home theater and educating my fiance on which buttons to press for TV and DVD. All to just watch 'Death Proof' on DVD as my first full movie.

I did pop in my HD DVDs to check out the features first though. Starting with 30 seconds of "Oh damn! Is it broken! why isn't it loading the disc" while waiting for it to start up first. Then a little of "Woah, pretty colours" and "look, he he, you can see the blue screen version in the corner". In the end, when the popcorn was popped, I watched "Death Proof" on plain old DVD. A DVD with in Intentional bad look. Why?

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Averry

Averry

Second Unit

• 378 posts

Posted September 19 2007 - 04:28 AM

There's got to be some pyschological condition, to being afraid to play with the things we've looked forward to for a long time.

Sometime, If I look forward to video games, or movies forever, when I own them at home i dont' feel an immediate urge to play them or watch them.

I donno.

Weird huh?
My expectations on Jurassic Park in HD. I better fricken BE THERE!

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   brap

brap

Stunt Coordinator

• 114 posts

Posted September 19 2007 - 05:16 AM

In my defense, I did try to watch 300, but I watched the DVD side a few days ago. This lead up me hearing "You're gonna watch that again. Men!?"

I'll be popping in 'Batman Begins' or 'Children of Men' later tonight. I'm half tempted to watch 'Tokyo Drift' which from my sampling looks and sounds amazing, but it is 'Fast and the Furious'. I might not make it through it. Although, bonus points if it's not a 'Point Break' re-vamp.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Cees Alons

Cees Alons

Executive Producer

• 18,668 posts

Posted September 19 2007 - 07:10 AM

It's natural. You know how evil tries to pull you to the dark side. Your wallet has already given up hope. You hesitate, trying to keep your unspoiled youth.

But you *will* pop in that first HD DVD... and then it's all over. Posted Image

Cees

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Dave>h

Dave>h

Second Unit

• 371 posts

Posted September 19 2007 - 07:41 AM

Once you go red, sd dvd is dead...

Only thing I watcvh on DVD anymore is stuff that I cannot get on HD, and mostly that is TV on DVD....

Dave