Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Gilligan's Island Series Box set

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Dean C

Dean C

Second Unit

• 361 posts

Posted September 18 2007 - 11:24 AM

Just received an email on a box set of this. Its just all 3 seasons in a gift set.

I would upgrade if they made it single disc's and the 3 Gilligan's Islands Rescue movies and also some extras.

But just a 3 season gift set?

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Bryan Krantz

Bryan Krantz

Stunt Coordinator

• 87 posts

Posted September 18 2007 - 11:46 AM

I'm with you on this one. Hardly an upgrade if this is just a "slipcase". I want those (remastered) movies on DVD! And there's a lot of easily available extra content that could be thrown in to sweeten the pot. There was a late night talk show that had the last group appearance of most of the original cast. Why not throw in the episodes of "Roseanne" and "Baywatch" which had Gilligan inspired dream sequences, or even an episode of "Dusty's Trail" or "Far Out Space Nuts"?

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Rodrick

Rodrick

Second Unit

• 269 posts

Posted September 18 2007 - 11:51 AM

WOW. I knew this was gonna happen. This won't be a seller. But if they did come with the supplied extras and the single discs instead of all double sided discs Yeah.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Firebee

Firebee

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts

Posted September 18 2007 - 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Krantz
I'm with you on this one. Hardly an upgrade if this is just a "slipcase". I want those (remastered) movies on DVD! And there's a lot of easily available extra content that could be thrown in to sweeten the pot. There was a late night talk show that had the last group appearance of most of the original cast. Why not throw in the episodes of "Roseanne" and "Baywatch" which had Gilligan inspired dream sequences, or even an episode of "Dusty's Trail" or "Far Out Space Nuts"?

I saw that and when I read what was going to be entailed in this set, I almost completely lost interest. Would love the re-mastered movies as well.

I also have not enough time to watch all of these DVDS:

http://www.invelos.c....aspx/fire26bee

#5 of 6 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,335 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 18 2007 - 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Krantz
Hardly an upgrade if this is just a "slipcase".
It's not meant as an upgrade. It's just a repackaging so it costs virtually nothing and it lets them make even more money off of existing product.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Scott_J

Scott_J

Screenwriter

• 2,635 posts

Posted September 18 2007 - 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
It's not meant as an upgrade. It's just a repackaging so it costs virtually nothing and it lets them make even more money off of existing product.
Exactly - this is for people who have not bought the previously released season sets, and for holiday gift-giving. It's obviously not intended for the people who already own the series on DVD. Personally, if the price is right, I may consider a purchase on this.

Forum Nav Content I Follow