-

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: Harry Potter Limited Edition DVD Giftset (DVD, HD-DVD, Blu-Ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 of 20 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,597 posts

Posted September 18 2007 - 06:32 AM

Harry Potter, The Most Successful Franchise of All Time, Now Available in a Magical Limited Edition DVD Giftset Available
in SD, HD DVD and Blu-Ray Dec 11

Set Includes Two-Disc Editions of All Five Films plus Two Bonus Discs with Games and More than Three Hours of Extra Content

High Definition Releases of First Four Films Also Available in Warner Home Video’s Big Holiday Theatrical Catalog Initiative

Burbank, Calif., September 17, 2007 – Muggles and wizards alike will rejoice when all their favorite wizards reappear in the brand new Harry Potter Limited Edition DVD Giftset, available in limited supply from Warner Home Video (WHV) on DVD December 11 in their choice of Standard Definition (SD), HD DVD and Blu-Ray formats. Packed with hours of marvelous mystery, the Harry Potter Limited Edition Giftset is bound to be one of the catalog events of the year and an irresistible magical gift for this holiday season.

Presented in a magnificent collectible ‘suitcase’, the 12-disc Giftset will include two-disc editions of all five Harry Potter films – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire -- and, for the first time on DVD, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. With the success of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Warner Bros. Pictures’ Harry Potter films have now become, worldwide, the top-grossing motion picture franchise in history.

The Giftset will also offer several enchanting additions. The first is a separate disc containing ‘Hogwarts Challenge,’ a unique interactive DVD gaming experience with 14 adventure games based on Harry Potter films1-3, with clips from films 4-5. This fully immersive movie experience only requires a DVD player and remote to amuse up to 4 players at varying skill levels. The second bonus disc includes more than 3 hours of all-new to DVD extra content from all five films. Also included with the limited edition giftset are collectible premiums created especially for this promotion -- the Harry Potter Bookmark Collection, with five unique souvenir metal bookmarks, and 4 different packs of Harry Potter trading cards, from each of the first 4 films. The HD DVD and Blu-ray giftsets will sell for $149.99 SRP; $119.97 SRP for the Standard Definition set.

“Pottermania” continues as the Harry Potter films 1–4 are offered for the first time in HD DVD and Blu-ray ($29.99 SRP). The High Definition versions will include all the extra content of the Giftset’s two-disc versions and, for a limited time only, both versions will contain a set of four trading cards specific to the title purchased. The Harry Potter films 1-3 will be available individually in Standard Definition also with the trading cards, at a new low price (each $14.97 SRP). Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is only available at this price for 60 days, after which it will sell for $19.97 SRP.

Limited Edition Giftset Bonus Disc
Special Features for an Extra Special Experience

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
2001 International TV Special: A Glimpse Into the World of Harry Potter

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
2002 HBO First Look Special: Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets Revealed

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
2004 HBO First Look Special: Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban: Something Wicked This Way Comes
2004 ABC Special: The Making of Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban
Interview with Alfonso Cuaron (in Spanish, subtitled)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
2005 ITV/Granada Special: Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire: Behind the Magic
2005 ITV/Granada Special: Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire: Some Animal Magic
2005 HBO First Look Special: Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire: Dark Matters, New Masters

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
2007 International TV Special: Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix: The Rebellion Begins
2007 HBO First Look Special: Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix: Fulfilling a Prophecy

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 20 Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman

Screenwriter

• 2,714 posts

Posted September 18 2007 - 01:53 PM

Will the Chris Columbus Director's Cut of Sorceror's/Philosopher's Stone be on this disc in seamless branching form? It was only shown on ABC. It was supposedly approved by Columbus.

Dan

#3 of 20 Chris S

Chris S

Screenwriter

• 2,522 posts

Posted September 19 2007 - 03:53 AM

Very glad to see they will be releasing the films as stand-alone releases along with the boxset. Always good to have choices. Posted Image

Quote:
...the Harry Potter films 1–4 are offered for the first time in HD DVD and Blu-ray ($29.99 SRP).

DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!

#4 of 20 EnricoE

EnricoE

Supporting Actor

• 516 posts

Posted September 19 2007 - 09:15 AM

interesting set but i also would love to see a movie only set on hd dvd and blu-ray. i viewed most of the extras on dvd and there is no point in re-watching them on any hd media again.

so whv, please release them as movie only sets too Posted Image

#5 of 20 Douglas Monce

Douglas Monce

Producer

• 5,514 posts

Posted September 19 2007 - 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoE
interesting set but i also would love to see a movie only set on hd dvd and blu-ray. i viewed most of the extras on dvd and there is no point in re-watching them on any hd media again.

so whv, please release them as movie only sets too Posted Image

Your wish is Warner's command...

http://www.highdefdi.....Reve aled/982

Doug

Edit: Sorry I thought you meant the each movie for sale outside of the gift set.
"I'm in great shape, for the shape I'm in."
Bob Hope in The Ghostbreakers

#6 of 20 Jim_K

Jim_K

Executive Producer

• 10,089 posts

Posted September 19 2007 - 10:46 AM

Quote:
Very glad to see they will be releasing the films as stand-alone releases along with the boxset. Always good to have choices. Posted Image

Agreed, but I'll be getting the box on this one.

Now if only Paramount can do the same with the Jack Ryan set, I only really want to own Red October.
Death before Streaming!

#7 of 20 Patrick_S

Patrick_S

Producer

• 3,024 posts

Posted September 19 2007 - 01:59 PM

I was thinking about getting this set but part of me wants to wait for the inevitable super set of the all the films that we will see once the final film is done.

#8 of 20 DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,508 posts

Posted September 19 2007 - 03:07 PM

I'm in the same boat Patrick, but I'm sure I'll cave. I'm working on being more patient...still, I'm not that patient. I think we are talking 2010 for the last movie. At least I'd know what format to buy them in because the "format war" that is "near the end" might actually be by then.

#9 of 20 EricTB

EricTB

Stunt Coordinator

• 56 posts

Posted October 07 2007 - 08:31 AM

Will the standalone Harry Potter HD DVD's be the two discs ones with the features or will they just have the movie?

#10 of 20 Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey

Stunt Coordinator

• 198 posts

Posted October 07 2007 - 08:56 AM

I'll be getting the first film from the UK - so as not to have to put up with this "Sorcerer's Stone" nonsense

#11 of 20 TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,089 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted October 28 2007 - 06:20 AM

i guess this box isnt going to have room for the last 2 movies that havent been made yet.

also less then $60for the hd versions using the barnes and noble, member half price coupon from over in the bargains section.
facebook.com/whotony

#12 of 20 Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper

Screenwriter

• 1,247 posts

Posted November 15 2007 - 11:12 AM

OK I have a silly OCD question about this box set, if anyone knows.

All the photos of the box set actually open are of the SD-DVD box. The discs themselves are in what looks like little custom cardboard sleeve boxes.

Does anyone know if the HD or BLU versions of this box set will have the normal clear plastic Red/Blue cases inside it for each individual release, or will they be in the compact cardboard sleeves?

If they come in the sleeves, then I would rather buy each release separately, even if it costs more, so that they are uniform with the rest of my collection. (Yes, I said it was silly.)
-Jeff Cooper

"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

#13 of 20 Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,213 posts

Posted November 16 2007 - 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman
Will the Chris Columbus Director's Cut of Sorceror's/Philosopher's Stone be on this disc in seamless branching form? It was only shown on ABC. It was supposedly approved by Columbus.

Dan

I doubt it.. I have it on DVD-R. Haven´t watched it, though..

#14 of 20 Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey

Stunt Coordinator

• 198 posts

Posted November 16 2007 - 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan Harvey
I'll be getting the first film from the UK - so as not to have to put up with this "Sorcerer's Stone" nonsense

Got it this week and it is region free (both my PS3's are North American)

Only downside is it comes in a "fat" Blu-Ray case.

#15 of 20 Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper

Screenwriter

• 1,247 posts

Posted December 05 2007 - 06:57 AM

With less than a week away from release does anybody know yet if the high def gift pack comes with the movie discs in the standard blue/red cases, or in custom cardboard inserts?
-Jeff Cooper

"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

#16 of 20 Cory S.

Cory S.

Supporting Actor

• 983 posts

Posted December 05 2007 - 09:27 AM

The films don't come in standard HD cases. They do, in fact, come in cardboard cases, just like the standard DVD giftset....
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves.  But, not the one it needs right now.  So, we'll hunt.  Because he can take.  Because, he's not a hero.  He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector.  A DARK KNIGHT."

#17 of 20 Kenneth Lee

Kenneth Lee

Stunt Coordinator

• 56 posts

Posted December 12 2007 - 05:50 PM

Hey All,

Does anyone know if the "Bonus DVD" with extras on the Blu-Ray version of the Gift Set (and HD-DVD version) is just a Standard DVD? Or was that disc supposed to be High Def?

Just checking. (So far an early perusal of the Blu-Ray Harry Potter movies... Posted Image GORGEOUS! Posted Image) Posted Image

#18 of 20 brap

brap

Stunt Coordinator

• 108 posts

Posted December 13 2007 - 02:25 AM

I just bought it. The box looks good from the outside and it's really cool when opening it for the first time and seeing how everything is set up as suitcase and the disc cases are wrapped like mail. Unfortunately, putting it all back in the case is a PITA. It really is set up more for aesthetics and not logistics.

#19 of 20 Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette

Screenwriter

• 2,616 posts

Posted December 13 2007 - 03:06 AM

Quote:
It really is set up more for aesthetics and not logistics.

This is the trouble with most of these giftsets or elaborate boxsets (e.g. the Battlestar Galactica: Season One and Star Trek: The Original Series Season One HD DVD boxsets). This is why I was overjoyed when I heard they would be released individually, which is the option I chose.
Universal Blu-ray Discs I will not be buying while they're offered only as Blu-ray + DVD 'flipper' discs:

The Jackal
, Out of Africa, and Traffic.

#20 of 20 Martin Teller

Martin Teller

Screenwriter

• 2,414 posts

Posted December 13 2007 - 03:28 AM

I regret buying it, especially knowing that they're gonna do a complete set after the last movie. The box is too damn big. I would take out the individual cases and just use those, but the cases for years 1 & 2 are half-size (WHY????) and it would just look weird.

Back to Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow