-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

NFL, HD and Direct TV=Stick 'em Up!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Barry_B_B

Barry_B_B

Second Unit

• 453 posts

Posted September 17 2007 - 06:18 AM

I bought into the nice, flowery email and phone message I received from DirecTV in the spring about how we'd have all these new HD channels by the 3rd quarter of this year (clock's ticking), and endured the "price hike while we reduce your channels" mugging; but this past weekend may have been the final straw.

We sat down ready to watch more NFL in HD Sunday, only there wasn't any; just a message to contact customer service x721. There wasn't any issue last weekend so I called. After being on hold for over 45 minutes ( I learned phone patience spending three hours in three days with them year before last to resolve an issue) I talk to a rep. She informed me that last weekend was a promo, and you only get NFL HD with the Superfan package which she would gladly do for an extra $125. I thought back to last year when I had Superfan, and why I didn't renew this year. Early in the season (first three weeks) there were four early games, one late game. By midseason there were two early and maybe a late game, and the last four weeks? NO HD games! Posted Image No thanks. Then you start doing the math:

DirectTV: $125/mo
HD package: $10/mo
NFL Sunday ticket: $250/year

Posted Image: If I'm already paying for an HD package, why should there be an extra charge for NFL games in HD, and not a full season of games at that??? Posted Image:

Looks like I'll be going with a rooftop antenna for local HD broadcasts and checking out The Dish Network or an HD-DVD player after all. Enough is enough.