What's new

HTF HD-DVD Review: Lost in Translation (1 Viewer)

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
SIZE]

chris_clem

Second Unit
Nice review Neil :)

This is one of my all-time favorite films so I am a bit disappointed about the perceived poor image quality. However, I seem to remember quite a few threads about this very issue back when the DVD was released and having seen this in the theaters 3 times I can attest that this film has always had a "soft" look to it. Could it be that this is the washed-out look you mention? Is it really a mediocre transfer or is this the best it could look because this was how it was shot?

MattGuyOR

Stunt Coordinator
Great review. I can see your point about the video quality, but I think it looks quite nice. I think it's a good representation of the film as seen in theaters. I think they were going for a more stylized look, and with the low-budget nature of the film, I think this is about as good as we're going to get. Great movie, I wouldn't hesitate to get it if anyone's thinking about it.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Hi - Glad you both liked the review. The picture quality on a film like this is a tough one to judge, as it most often has more to do with a desired look for the film than the quality of a transfer. The representation of a film on home video needs to look as close as possible the theatrical presentation so it would seem (since you saw it in the theater) that this film does a pretty good job with that. Thanks for the info! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks