What's new

The Offical Fox Title Cancellation Notice Thread ( Q3/4 07 edition (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

M&C would be Master & Commander.
Shame about Amityville Horror, I was actually looking forward to that one (although I was going to wait for a sale price).

more to come I'm sure

Jason Roer

Supporting Actor

What's that ole' Bill Hunt was saying about HD-DVD not keeping up with it's promises? :)

Seriously - sorry to hear that for all who were hoping FOX wouldn't fail them this time. I know many were excited about these titles. Especially Master and Commander. Is this confirmed yet, or just speculation?

Cheers,

Jason

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
here is the post from the self labled Blu-ray insider

in the same thread, a retailer gave a copy of the email he recieved stating that Amityville Horror was no longer being released

Jason Roer

Supporting Actor

Yep. That all sounds discouraging all right. I'll wait for the offical press release, but this probably is true. Again - too bad for those who were really hoping Fox would turn things around. After this and the ridiculous exclusion of extra features on Robocop (supposedly due to the fact that they only wanted to release on BD25) you really have to wonder what the heck is going on. Are they or are they not supporting this format? I had been planning on picking up a BD player this holiday season to go right next to my HD-DVD player, but after the Paramoun decision and this annoying Fox garbage, I've decided to keep away for now. Really too bad. Because it looks like Anchor Bay is delivering the goods with their slate of horror titles - all of which would be on my must-buy list. Now I will have to wait for those.

Cheers,

Jason

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
:frowning:
I ordered Master & Commander. I tried to believe it this time.

Big studio support for BD. If this is true, I wonder which reasons will be spun by supporters (you cannot accuse Fox of that) this time.

AACS is out as a reason? Yes?

Cees

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
As of now, FOX could go HDdvd exclusive and it wouldn't affect BD in the slightest.

shame.

I thought it was weird that we got all these announcements the day after the Paramount bombshell.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Rumor: HD DVD will then pay them an undisclosed amount to stay BD-exclusive.

Cees

Jason Roer

Supporting Actor
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif
Cees - you get the old "ba-dum-dum-chish" for that one. Very funny.

Cheers,

Jason

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

the word on Die Hard is that the first three movies are now going to be packaged in a set with the fourth and the srp raised to $129.99

I was just about on board for the old three film set with the srp of just under $100 and a likely Amazon price of under $60- but I won't be paying more than that at this time. I'll just wait for them to be re-issued as single titles next year and buy them one at a time.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I don't know whats more pathetic, the Ass-hats over at Fox PR or the so called HT enthusiasts that get their jollies from this type of news. :rolleyes:I'm sure AVS is a party zone today.

Anyhoo, can't say I'm all that surprised by the return of the ol "bait & switch" tactics from Fox in fact it's pretty comical. Money saved I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks