What's new

10 years on HTF - ME! (1 Viewer)

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Yay - I finally get to join the club!

I too, still have a few components in my system that I've had longer than I have been a member here...

My rear surround speakers are a pair of PSB Alphas from around 1997 - they were originally my fronts.

I also still have an old Onkyo 6 disc CD changer that is going strong even though it's not used all that much.

Technically speaking, I still have my first receiver - an Onkyo 828 (it used an outboard Dolby 5.1 decoder) - it's in its original box and would still work, but is pretty much useless as the S-Video monitor out connection isn't working, and other than that it only has composite video...

If anyone is interested in starting a museum of "outdated home theater equipment" I'd be happy to donate it...

Cheers!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Let me be the first to welcome the "ambassador" into the club!

Congrats, Jason!

451386c3_party-smiley-018.gif

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I still have my first Akai that I bought in 1982.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have an Akai still in my lineup -- though it's a turntable from the late 70's. And to play on it the first 2 LPs i bought in the mid 60's -- a Moog (RIP Doc) synthesizer album
and The Beatles Second Album.
I just last night took out my original bought at literally the crack of DVD dawn $1000 Sony 7000 DVD player (with the switches) still functioning, but has long outlived any useful ability
other than being a great CD transport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks