Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

10 years on HTF - ME!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Screenwriter

• 2,983 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted May 25 2012 - 03:38 AM

Yay - I finally get to join the club!

I too, still have a few components in my system that I've had longer than I have been a member here...

My rear surround speakers are a pair of PSB Alphas from around 1997 - they were originally my fronts.

I also still have an old Onkyo 6 disc CD changer that is going strong even though it's not used all that much.

Technically speaking, I still have my first receiver - an Onkyo 828 (it used an outboard Dolby 5.1 decoder) - it's in its original box and would still work, but is pretty much useless as the S-Video monitor out connection isn't working, and other than that it only has composite video...

If anyone is interested in starting a museum of "outdated home theater equipment" I'd be happy to donate it... Posted Image

Cheers!

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,213 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 25 2012 - 03:49 AM

Let me be the first to welcome the "ambassador" into the club!  Posted Image

Congrats, Jason!

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,244 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted May 25 2012 - 04:07 AM

I still have my first Akai that I bought in 1982.
facebook.com/whotony

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 2,067 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted May 28 2012 - 10:59 AM

I have an Akai still in my lineup -- though it's a turntable from the late 70's. And to play on it the first 2 LPs i bought in the mid 60's -- a Moog (RIP Doc) synthesizer album and The Beatles Second Album. I just last night took out my original bought at literally the crack of DVD dawn $1000 Sony 7000 DVD player (with the switches) still functioning, but has long outlived any useful ability other than being a great CD transport.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users