Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Drew Carey Show, Season 2: When???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 of 18 OFFLINE   John Gido

John Gido

Second Unit

• 312 posts

Posted September 13 2007 - 05:49 AM

Just finished watching Season 1 of this since April and wanted to know if anyone had any info on the release of Season 2?
Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support
group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.
-Drew Carey

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."-UnknownMy DVD Collection

#2 of 18 OFFLINE   stewprime

stewprime

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted September 18 2007 - 10:53 AM

Me personally, I don't put any faith into Warner Bros. TV DVD division for anything nowadays. Still waiting on Night Court Season 2, wondering why they chopped the Tom & Jerry Spotlight Collection #3.
Warner: You rank a Posted Image Posted Image. You get a Posted Image Posted Image

#3 of 18 OFFLINE   John Gido

John Gido

Second Unit

• 312 posts

Posted September 10 2008 - 05:55 AM

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but it has been almost 18 months since the release of S1 of The Drew Carey Show. can we assume that this will be the only season released?
Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support
group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.
-Drew Carey

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."-UnknownMy DVD Collection

#4 of 18 OFFLINE   nikkif99uk

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor

• 984 posts

Posted September 10 2008 - 09:38 AM

I would love season 2 as well

#5 of 18 OFFLINE   stewprime

stewprime

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted September 13 2008 - 01:28 PM

I forgot I had responded to this one a year ago. My original comment still stands. Oh, no, wait... Get rid of that Posted Image Posted Image as it's been a year and still nothing.

WB = BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Posted Image Posted Image

#6 of 18 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,394 posts

Posted September 15 2008 - 04:12 AM

I want this to continue; I never even saw the last season. It was sneaked on air during the summer...I thought the show had been cancelled a year before.

#7 of 18 OFFLINE   Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted September 15 2008 - 06:33 AM

I would also like to see this one continued. I actually missed the last 2 or 3 seasons.

#8 of 18 OFFLINE   Firebee

Firebee

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts

Posted September 21 2008 - 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Battista
I would also like to see this one continued. I actually missed the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Same here, I got into the show late in its run when it was already coming down from its peak.

I also have not enough time to watch all of these DVDS:

http://www.invelos.c....aspx/fire26bee

#9 of 18 OFFLINE   Doghouse Reilly

Doghouse Reilly

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted September 21 2008 - 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley
I want this to continue; I never even saw the last season. It was sneaked on air during the summer...I thought the show had been cancelled a year before.

If I recall correctly, following the conclusion of the 2000-2001 season (its sixth), after ABC had renewed The Drew Carey Show through the 2001-2002 season (its seventh), the network contracted for an additional two season (its eighth and ninth, through the 2003-2004 season) only to have the ratings drop drastically during the seventh season. Only half of the eighth season was shown during the fall; the rest was held for the summer of 2003. And the last season was completely burned off during the summer of 2004.

The final two seasons are drastically different than seasons 2-7, but still enjoyable. The first season is also pretty different, which might explain why fans of the bulk of the series skipped it, resulting in low sales.

#10 of 18 OFFLINE   Dean C

Dean C

Second Unit

• 361 posts

Posted September 23 2008 - 04:42 PM

Me 2. I kept watching the show in reruns but they keep going all out of sequences. I liked the dance number they did in later seasons.

I own season 1 I'd love the set to continue badly.

#11 of 18 OFFLINE   beachdoctor

beachdoctor

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 26 2011 - 04:07 PM

I am officially starting my boycot of all Warner Brothers products until they relase the remaining Drew Carey Show DVDs. We have waited long enough. I am posting on ALL forums, blogs, websites and talking to everyone and anyone about this also. There are lots of people waiting too long!!!!! 

#12 of 18 OFFLINE   beachdoctor

beachdoctor

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 26 2011 - 04:08 PM

I am officially starting my boycot of all Warner Brothers products until they relase the remaining Drew Carey Show DVDs. We have waited long enough. I am posting on ALL forums, blogs, websites and talking to everyone and anyone about this also. There are lots of people waiting too long!!!!! 

#13 of 18 ONLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,246 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted January 26 2011 - 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by beachdoctor 

However, not enough people waiting bought the first box set to ensure the rest of the seasons would be released.

Add in music rights problems, and I doubt even Shout could get the Drew Carey Show out.

#14 of 18 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,239 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted January 27 2011 - 09:52 AM

I have season one that I picked up at Big Lots for $3 a couple years ago.

Didn't even realize the rest is still not released.  Probably end up on the Warner Archive site.

facebook.com/whotony

#15 of 18 OFFLINE   carpman98

carpman98

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted September 02 2012 - 03:28 AM

It's now September of 2012 .... I think you can stop holding your breath for season 2.

#16 of 18 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Screenwriter

• 1,047 posts

Posted September 02 2012 - 02:33 PM

Can't envision that coming out anytime soon. Heard it didn't do well sales-wise for Season One.

#17 of 18 OFFLINE   mrz7

mrz7

Stunt Coordinator

• 138 posts

Posted September 02 2012 - 05:51 PM

The reason "The Drew Carey Show" is not coming out is NOT due to lack of sales.....it's music rights costs. This show, along with "Murphy Brown" are the reasons Warner Brothers stated on an online forum back in 2008/2009. There are alot of music segments in both shows and WB didn't want to pull a "WKRP In Cincinnati - Season One" move by replacing music. Warner Brothers has stated that it is too expensive to get the original music rights costs for the show to make on DVD. (Basically, costs to get the original music would outweigh the DVD sales). I really love "The Drew Carey Show" and wish they would least come out on WB Archives a season at a time, but I guess the music industry has a hold on this show! :rolleyes:

#18 of 18 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Screenwriter

• 1,047 posts

Posted September 03 2012 - 11:53 AM

Like a whole bunch of other shows (don't get me started on Muppet Show S4 now), clearing music seems to be the biggest hurdle in getting these shows out in a timely fashion and sales DO have something to do with the series such as this one you speak of in being stalled or not, but it's all a waiting game now.

Forum Nav Content I Follow