Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Drew Carey Show, Season 2: When???

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 of 18 OFFLINE   carpman98

carpman98

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted September 02 2012 - 07:28 AM

It's now September of 2012 .... I think you can stop holding your breath for season 2.

#2 of 18 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Screenwriter

• 1,185 posts

Posted September 02 2012 - 06:33 PM

Can't envision that coming out anytime soon. Heard it didn't do well sales-wise for Season One.

#3 of 18 OFFLINE   mrz7

mrz7

Stunt Coordinator

• 151 posts

Posted September 02 2012 - 09:51 PM

The reason "The Drew Carey Show" is not coming out is NOT due to lack of sales.....it's music rights costs. This show, along with "Murphy Brown" are the reasons Warner Brothers stated on an online forum back in 2008/2009. There are alot of music segments in both shows and WB didn't want to pull a "WKRP In Cincinnati - Season One" move by replacing music. Warner Brothers has stated that it is too expensive to get the original music rights costs for the show to make on DVD. (Basically, costs to get the original music would outweigh the DVD sales). I really love "The Drew Carey Show" and wish they would least come out on WB Archives a season at a time, but I guess the music industry has a hold on this show! :rolleyes:

#4 of 18 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Screenwriter

• 1,185 posts

Posted September 03 2012 - 03:53 PM

Like a whole bunch of other shows (don't get me started on Muppet Show S4 now), clearing music seems to be the biggest hurdle in getting these shows out in a timely fashion and sales DO have something to do with the series such as this one you speak of in being stalled or not, but it's all a waiting game now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users