What's new

Is UK R2 Tartan DVD's Sex and Lucia uncut? (1 Viewer)

Voranand

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
voranand vivorakij
Thank you. There's not much information from the sites to confirm. Is there any owners here?

Ali B

Second Unit
I have the Spanish R2 version, which I suspect is what Tartan used for their DVD. I've seen Sex and Lucia several times in the cinema, and didn't notice anything missing - the erect penis is still there, which would probably be the one thing that would get cut from the film (although I'm sure prudish censors could trim it down to about 30mins if they wanted!)

Voranand

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
voranand vivorakij

Thanks Ali B. I had Tartan R2 disc in my hand right now and can confirm that it's indeed *UNCUT*. The erect penis is/are there. But having not seen this for a long time I almost think the scene where the dog killed little girl Luna is cut. My imagination must play a trick on me 'cause I used to think there's a scene showing Luna's body soaked with blood. :eek: Silly me.

Now seeing it again, it remind me of a thing I always missed: its soundtrack. This is one of the beautiful soundtrack I've ever heard. Luckily Amazon have one.

Gary Couzens

Stunt Coordinator
I've just double-checked and the Tartan release is definitely all-regions PAL. Quite a few Tartan DVDs are R0, though some are R2 only.

Sex and Lucia has never been cut by the BBFC, and I have no reason to suspect it has been cut by anyone else.

Voranand

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
voranand vivorakij

Thank you. This is the information I'm looking for when I started this thread. I still think there's only one version of S&L until I borrowed R1 disc from my friend and it's R-rated version.

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit

The UK don't tend to cut this type of arthouse film unless it is extremely explicit. Even then they now allow more at a 18 age certificate rating in the UK. Probably think that as subtitled will not appeal to the mainstream so you can get away with more.

Here is the link to the BBFC rating page for the film & DVD
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classi...a?OpenDocument

This would show if it was cut, or issues with the rating.

Voranand

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
voranand vivorakij

Thank you. That certainly show no violence (or penis) has been cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks