Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: The O.C.: The Complete Series

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,602 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 01:18 AM

Just in Time For Holiday Gift Giving, Warner Home Video Brings You The Popular TV Drama That Put Orange County on the Map

THE O.C.:
THE COMPLETE SERIES

Catch All 92 Episodes on 28 Discs With This
Beautiful Collector’s Set on November 27, 2007

BURBANK, CA (August 7, 2007) – The rich and glamorous city of Newport Beach, California revolves around the surf, sand, sex and scandal. So grab your surf board and catch the wave as Warner Home Video releases The O.C.: The Complete Series, the ultimate gift for The O.C. fan, on November 27, 2007. The O.C.: The Complete Series includes 28 discs packaged in an eye-catching collectible keepsake box, including a newly remastered Season One in 16x9 Widescreen and with all new bonus features. Fans can relive the betrayal, scandal and romance from start to finish in the dramedy that started a pop culture phenomenon. The O.C. stars many of young Hollywood’s hottest talent including Mischa Barton, Benjamin McKenzie, Adam Brody, Rachel Bilson, Peter Gallagher, Kelly Rowan, Melinda Clarke and many more! The O.C.: The Complete Series is priced to own at $179.92 SRP and has an order due date of October 23, 2007.

“The O.C. defined years of trend setting characters and captivating moments. Millions of loyal fans discovered and adored all of the laughs, tears, and drama,” said Rosemary Markson, WHV Vice President, TV Marketing. “Warner Home Video is delighted to present consumers with The O.C.: The Complete Series. The attractive collectible package with an abundance of entertainment is the perfect holiday gift”.

Popularized by its strong teen audience, The O.C. has won a countless number of Teen Choice Awards, making the young cast Hollywood stars. Orange County has never been the same since the trendy teen show made its debut in 2003. The O.C. aired its series finale on February 22, 2007 and has still been a successful show on Cable TV and DVD!

DVD Special Features include:
· Over 5 ½ hours of special features from season set releases including:
o 8 Featurettes
o Deleted Scenes
o Gag reels
o Episode Commentaries
o Music Tracks
o Extended Cuts
o And More!
· Plus, 1½ hours of additional content:
o All New Season Four Gag Reel
o Two Bonus Discs previously available only in limited quantity
1. From Season Three including: Extended Pass the Remote Commentaries and Deleted Scenes with introductions by Producer Stephanie Savage
2. From Season Four including: Atomic County Complete Series Webisodes and The Women of the OC featurette

92 One-Hour Episodes on 28 discs will be included in The OC: The Complete Series set:
· Season One (27 episodes)
· Season Two (24 episodes)
· Season Three (25 episodes)
· Season Four (16 episodes)
· Plus “Atomic County” graphic novel excerpts and an all-new interview and introduction from Creator Josh Schwartz!

BASICS
Price: $179.92 SRP / No MAP
Street Date: November 27, 2007
Order Due Date: October 23, 2007
Language: English
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
Feature Running Time: Approx. 67.5 hours
Enhanced Content: Approx. 6.5 hours
DVD Catalog # 117823

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 5 Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter

• 1,249 posts
  • LocationGuelph, Ontario - Canada

Posted September 07 2007 - 02:54 AM

I have all 4 seasons so I definitely don't need this. I wish Warner would re-release season 1 in 16:9 widescreen because it truly stinks that the only way to get it is through the complete series. I'd definitely re-purchase it.
My DVD / Blu-ray collection:

#3 of 5 Josh_HI

Josh_HI

Second Unit

• 303 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 07:40 AM

I think this release is such a crock of BS. I was really looking forward to buying this but I have absolutely no reason to now that I know nothing NEW is on it. Basically all they did was put the season sets in one pretty package... And screwed over the LOYAL viewers who went and paid regular prices on the season sets just so they could own those 2 exclusive discs. That is before they dropped each set to $19.99. Needless to say I'm not happy at all. What's worse than them offering up the exclusive discs is them not having one bit of new content in that package... What, I'm supposed to rebuy the whole series just to get season 1 in widescreen? That's the best you can offer people who bought the single season sets? RIDICULOUS... Very disappointed... Needless to say I won't be buying this.

#4 of 5 Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 12:48 PM

^^I'm sure everyone who bought all seasons of a show, only to find out a complete series set will be coming feels the same way.

#5 of 5 Richard Michael Clark

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit

• 373 posts

Posted September 08 2007 - 02:21 AM

Yeah I REALLY hope they re-issuse the widescreen Season 1 on it's own as it's a great season of tv. The rest sucks and I don't want to have to buy it just to get the 16:9 version of season 1!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users