What's new

Will she be another Lindsay or Britney? (1 Viewer)

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
According to TMZ and pretty much all the gossip rags and news sites, Vanessa Hudgens of High School Musical fame took a nude photo of herself and it has since been plastered all over the internet (The Superficial, PerezHilton and many other blogs).

According to her managment, the photo is real. Disney has released her from her contract.

Sad.

mylan

Screenwriter
I am not familiar with the show but I did not see where Disney released her or that she took the photo heself or if someone else did it. It does beg the question on how the photo was released but I don't see her becomming the next Brit/Lohan unless she does something far worse than this.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Yet without such stories, the entertainment value of such publications would be substantially diminished (non-existent even), wouldn't it?

So I have to ask, exactly how sad are you? ;)

--
H

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Having a daughter that watches the HS musicals, I do hear what's going on. HS 3 is supposed to be a theatrical release and I heard that she and Zack were holding out for more money. I wonder if it was in her contract to do HS 3 at a certain price point and releasing this was a way to break the contract?

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
It is sad though. Say she did want out of her contract, why go the nude photo route? Now it's all over the net and everyone can see it.

It's sad, because these young girls make really stupid decisions.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
She probably wanted more serious roles where she wasn't the squeaky clean disney kid. Also the rumor is that she's playing Doris Day to Zac's Rock Hudson.

mylan

Screenwriter

That makes sense, kinda reminds you of Jessica Biel wanting to shed her Seventh Heaven good girl image although not quite as extreme. That seems to have worked out well for her.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

Well, considering over 17m people watched HM2 when it debuted, I'd say a lot of adults at least know of her- but overall you're right, she needs to do a lot more, both legitimate and salacious, to come close to the realm that Spears and Lohan inhabit....

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Ya know, the only reason this is news is because the photos ended up on the internet. I have a nude photo of my ex girlfriend. And used to have nude photos of my girlfriend prior to her. Camera phones just make it too easy.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper

htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Right. Doesn't have anything to do with her being a teen role model on a hit TV show, it is the internet. This wouldn't even be a story if the pictures had been printed in some sleazy tabloid instaed o winding up on the 'web. ;)

Somehow I don't see the connection to the nude photos of your ex-girlfriend, who no one beyond your immediate circle of friends knows or is interested in, and which are probably sitting in a shoebox somewhere, not circulating in public, and nude pics of a TV star that are very much in public. Seriously, the major difference here is not the internet. ;)

Regards,

Joe

P.S.

Here's that link everybody's been asking for. (Not safe for work)

Dennis

Second Unit
Did I miss something? I heard that she sent it to her boyfriend (Zac Efron). Did it get lost on the way?

Jimi C

Screenwriter
The point of my post was, Big deal. Alot of girls have had nude photos taken of themselves. In what way does that put somebody into the Lindsay Lohan Britney Spears catagory? Lindsay Lohan is a Felon and Britney Spears is an admitted drug addict. There is no reason to put this girl in the same catagory as the other two. Also, I have no idea who this girl is.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
I agree Jimi, she's naked. At some point in our lives we've all been naked at least once, so I'm not going to hold it against her. I'm sorry she has to put up with the embarrassment, though everything else is merely overreaction.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
I don't see the big deal... So what, she took a naked picture, why should one naughty picture end her career?

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

It won't end her career. But it might end her career with Disney. And if Disney decides to part ways, I can't blame them. Disney wants a certain image for its teen stars and she possibly can't fulfill that image anymore.

Consequences.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks