Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Will she be another Lindsay or Britney?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#1 of 42 OFFLINE   Lucia Duran

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter

• 1,089 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 01:07 AM

According to TMZ and pretty much all the gossip rags and news sites, Vanessa Hudgens of High School Musical fame took a nude photo of herself and it has since been plastered all over the internet (The Superficial, PerezHilton and many other blogs).

According to her managment, the photo is real. Disney has released her from her contract.

Sad.
NO SHIRT

NO SHOES

NO SHELDON

#2 of 42 OFFLINE   mylan

mylan

Screenwriter

• 1,684 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia Duran
Disney has released her from her contract.

Sad.
I am not familiar with the show but I did not see where Disney released her or that she took the photo heself or if someone else did it. It does beg the question on how the photo was released but I don't see her becomming the next Brit/Lohan unless she does something far worse than this.
I know enough to know I don't know enough!

#3 of 42 OFFLINE   Holadem

Holadem

Lead Actor

• 8,972 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia Duran
[...]

Sad.
Yet without such stories, the entertainment value of such publications would be substantially diminished (non-existent even), wouldn't it?

So I have to ask, exactly how sad are you? Posted Image

--
H

#4 of 42 OFFLINE   MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,524 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 02:00 AM

Having a daughter that watches the HS musicals, I do hear what's going on. HS 3 is supposed to be a theatrical release and I heard that she and Zack were holding out for more money. I wonder if it was in her contract to do HS 3 at a certain price point and releasing this was a way to break the contract?
"and no one seems to understand the glory of guitar, when out of tune, the off timing, the singers who can't sing, - the beauty of flaw!"

"I apologize if there is anyone in this room I have not offended" - Brahms

My Band - Charlie Don't Surf! https://www.facebook...arlieDontSurfCT

#5 of 42 OFFLINE   Lucia Duran

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter

• 1,089 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 02:06 AM

It is sad though. Say she did want out of her contract, why go the nude photo route? Now it's all over the net and everyone can see it.

It's sad, because these young girls make really stupid decisions.
NO SHIRT

NO SHOES

NO SHELDON

#6 of 42 OFFLINE   MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,524 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 02:21 AM

She probably wanted more serious roles where she wasn't the squeaky clean disney kid. Also the rumor is that she's playing Doris Day to Zac's Rock Hudson.
"and no one seems to understand the glory of guitar, when out of tune, the off timing, the singers who can't sing, - the beauty of flaw!"

"I apologize if there is anyone in this room I have not offended" - Brahms

My Band - Charlie Don't Surf! https://www.facebook...arlieDontSurfCT

#7 of 42 OFFLINE   mylan

mylan

Screenwriter

• 1,684 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMel
She probably wanted more serious roles where she wasn't the squeaky clean disney kid.

That makes sense, kinda reminds you of Jessica Biel wanting to shed her Seventh Heaven good girl image although not quite as extreme. That seems to have worked out well for her.

#8 of 42 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,190 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 07 2007 - 04:24 AM

Wouldn't she have to be known by people over the age of 14 (or at least have the paparazzi stalking her) in order to be another Lindsay or Britney? Posted Image

#9 of 42 OFFLINE   KevinGress

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

• 648 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
Wouldn't she have to be known by people over the age of 14 (or at least have the paparazzi stalking her) in order to be another Lindsay or Britney? Posted Image

Well, considering over 17m people watched HM2 when it debuted, I'd say a lot of adults at least know of her- but overall you're right, she needs to do a lot more, both legitimate and salacious, to come close to the realm that Spears and Lohan inhabit....

#10 of 42 OFFLINE   Jimi C

Jimi C

Screenwriter

• 1,209 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 09:15 AM

Ya know, the only reason this is news is because the photos ended up on the internet. I have a nude photo of my ex girlfriend. And used to have nude photos of my girlfriend prior to her. Camera phones just make it too easy.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/theend13/sabres.jpg[/IMG]

#11 of 42 OFFLINE   Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper

Screenwriter

• 1,259 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 09:54 AM

Quote:
This thread is useless without pictures....

Posted Image
-Jeff Cooper

"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

#12 of 42 OFFLINE   mylan

mylan

Screenwriter

• 1,684 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 09:57 AM

Or links to pictures...Posted Image

#13 of 42 OFFLINE   Patrick_S

Patrick_S

Producer

• 3,040 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylan
I am not familiar with the show but I did not see where Disney released her or that she took the photo heself or if someone else did it....
From viewing the pictures it appears obvious to me that she took them.

#14 of 42 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 07 2007 - 02:06 PM

Quote:
Ya know, the only reason this is news is because the photos ended up on the internet.

Right. Doesn't have anything to do with her being a teen role model on a hit TV show, it is the internet. This wouldn't even be a story if the pictures had been printed in some sleazy tabloid instaed o winding up on the 'web. Posted Image

Somehow I don't see the connection to the nude photos of your ex-girlfriend, who no one beyond your immediate circle of friends knows or is interested in, and which are probably sitting in a shoebox somewhere, not circulating in public, and nude pics of a TV star that are very much in public. Seriously, the major difference here is not the internet. Posted Image

Regards,

Joe

P.S.

Here's that link everybody's been asking for. (Not safe for work)

#15 of 42 OFFLINE   Dennis

Dennis

Second Unit

• 260 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 03:19 PM

Did I miss something? I heard that she sent it to her boyfriend (Zac Efron). Did it get lost on the way?

#16 of 42 OFFLINE   Alf S

Alf S

Screenwriter

• 1,437 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 03:19 PM

YO YO MA!!

Posted Image Posted Image
WOOSAH!.

#17 of 42 OFFLINE   Jimi C

Jimi C

Screenwriter

• 1,209 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 04:32 PM

The point of my post was, Big deal. Alot of girls have had nude photos taken of themselves. In what way does that put somebody into the Lindsay Lohan Britney Spears catagory? Lindsay Lohan is a Felon and Britney Spears is an admitted drug addict. There is no reason to put this girl in the same catagory as the other two. Also, I have no idea who this girl is.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/theend13/sabres.jpg[/IMG]

#18 of 42 OFFLINE   Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter

• 1,687 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 05:01 PM

I agree Jimi, she's naked. At some point in our lives we've all been naked at least once, so I'm not going to hold it against her. I'm sorry she has to put up with the embarrassment, though everything else is merely overreaction.
"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT."

#19 of 42 OFFLINE   bobbyg2

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor

• 897 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 05:28 PM

I don't see the big deal... So what, she took a naked picture, why should one naughty picture end her career?
"Bobby is and idiot"

#20 of 42 OFFLINE   Bryan X

Bryan X

Producer

• 3,469 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 10:53 PM

Quote:
So what, she took a naked picture, why should one naughty picture end her career?

It won't end her career. But it might end her career with Disney. And if Disney decides to part ways, I can't blame them. Disney wants a certain image for its teen stars and she possibly can't fulfill that image anymore.

Consequences.

Back to After Hours Lounge

Forum Nav Content I Follow