What's new

Yeah Im not huge fan of flippers ethier (1 Viewer)

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Although with season one Wanted dead or Alive I havent had any real issues. The flipper set that gave me the most grief was season one of Kung fu . Called sony and ask for replacments for the defective disks and was basically told to go boink myself. I eventually replace the defective set with one I pick up used. I'm not thrilled with WDA's time compression but I can live with it, the video captures are pretty decent and sense I dont have cable or sat, I dont have access to classic movie/tv series channels Other than channel 56 in SoCal which has never ran WDA its the only way I every see WDA. I got it cheap and it works for me.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
flippers annoy me when getting them from netflix and BBO since 1 in 3 sent to me contained the wrong DVD. The folks at the distribution center can't read the rings so it's just the ugly nature of the beast.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Bob S: Thanks for answering, ironically, a question that I posted on the other WDOA S3 thread a minute ago. I guess the Time-Compression is the reason that I always display a very low Bit Rate when viewing the S1 set? Strange, though, that another T/C set (Combat!) displays a Bit Rate that I'm used to seeing with all of my other TV/DVD sets (4-7 Bit Rate).

As for the "Flipper" issue, I've been fairly fortunate with my sets, only having to exchange a couple of the older Universal 18's a couple of years ago. But, I may have a less-stringent guideline for exchanging a set. If I see a momentary pixtel'ing or freeze-up throughout an entire set, I won't return it for exchange. If there is any "skipping" though, it goes back for a new one. I play all of my DVD's on a Std Pioneer DV-578A R-Free player.

BobSchneider

Second Unit
LOL oops I ment this to be posted in the large want dead or alive thread, lol my bad. Hey mods is ther any way you can move or intergate these posts to wanted in to the larger wanted dead or live season 3 dvd post?. ;) . This is a perfect example why you should post threads late at night after you took a vicdion for your bad back:eek: :P :laugh: :P ;) ;) ;) Sorry LOL.

varybarry

Agent
Real Name
Layla
I've been fairly lucky to avoid "flipper" issues. I'm sorry to hear about yours and the horrible way Sony treated you. It's a shame they didn't help you to remedy the situation.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
My Wonder Woman season 3 is very problematic. On disc 1 it has the same few episodes...ON BOTH SIDES! I guess I can live without the entire run of Wonder Woman, but I really feel cheated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks