What's new

TITANIC: You all knew this was coming... (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
From a poster at your link:

Paramount would likely release it on HD-DVD in region 1. My guess...sometime around 2010. :rolleyes

Maybe there will be a "happy ending" like in the botched release of Brazil. You know: where undercover Navy divers on Titanic go patch the holes in the hull so the ship doesn't sink. Rose gives the bloody stone back and runs off into the sunset with Jack. :laugh:

Or maybe have Rose, instead of tossing the gem over the side (what a friggin waste), takes it back and uses it to endow a school for the arts named after Jack. Something like the "Jack Dawson School of Fine Arts at the University of Minnesota".

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I didn't know it was coming, and I gotta admit I'm surprised. It's only been 2 years since the terrific Titanic SE, and I figured that was it. Guess not!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I assume that this is just the first two discs from the three disc set but this time it'll be in an amaray case, have a '10th Anniversary' banner slapped on it and will be $5 or $10 cheaper. In other words, pretty useless unless you don't have the SE or are a serious completist.

MarkBurton

Second Unit

When Titanic is available in Hi-Def, I will order the Fox Blu-Ray version from Japan since Japan is Region 1 with the United States.

Blu-ray Region Codes:

Region A/1: North America, Central America, South America, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Phillipines, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia.

Region A/2: Europe, Greenland, French territories, Middle East, Africa, Australia and New Zealand.

Region A/3: India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Mainland China, Pakistan, Russia, Central and South Asia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:B...s_with_key.png

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
In all likely hood its probably just a Godfather style repackaging with just the first two discs at a more consumer friendly price.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

It's already pretty cheap. I got mine fo like 18 bucks and it is regularly part of weekly sales at B&Ms

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I have resisted in purchasing this movie, since I was kind of tired of the movie after it's theater run. I might just "pull the trigger" and buy this version.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
The HD version that TNT showed this last weekend looked terrific---the flying sequence in particular was drop-dead gorgeous.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
I've already got the box set. The next time I purchase Titanic will be when Paramount delivers it on HD DVD.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
I still haven't bought this shmaltzy, manipulative, emotionally false film, but I do have to admit that when you get away from the hard to swallow romance and get on with the disaster, it's a great film. A well put together recreation of the Titanic that does look gorgeous.

So perhaps I was right to hold off buying the previous set(s). If I can find someone dumping their double dip on ebay for a song, I'll jump.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I got the 4 disc set (actually was the ltd. 5 disc with "Ghosts..." from Virgin) from the UK because they gypped the US market last time and left off stuff.

I agree this seems very unneccesary and would love a proper HD presentation. I know Cameron calls the theatrical cut the "director's" one but I liked alot of the scenes they cut for time, pacing. The extended night with Jack and Rose was excellent and I loved the longer scenes with Tommy and Fabrizio with his budding romance with the swedish(?) girl...

:)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm happy with the movie staying the way it is but if there was one scene that I'd like to see in the movie, it's the one with them walking on the deck after the party in steerage.

Of course, I'm glad to see the deleted scenes as supplements.

EDIT: Yeah, she's Swedish. :)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I made my own extended cut. Took over a year of subtle revisions to get it right and even though it's still not perfect, it's as good as I can make it. I'm satisfied.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks