RickER

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted October 25 2007 - 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Gibbs
So the premier has been pushed back until April Posted Image . Something tells me they're just doing it so the break to '09 wont seem as bad. Morons.

Where did you see that? I know season 3 has a rumored DVD release of April here in the US.

#42 of 1611 joshEH

joshEH

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted October 25 2007 - 01:46 PM

It's been confirmed, sadly:

http://latimesblogs.....star-gala.html

Although it's still up in the air as to whether or not the season'll get split in two:

Quote:
[...] Moore’s episode, however, won’t air until after the show takes a midseason break and will kick off the remaining episodes in Battlestar's four-season run. Sci-Fi Channel executives have not yet determined whether the final season will all air next year, or be spread over 2008 and 2009.

"I’d probably prefer to see the entire thing air next year to maintain the momentum, to build excitement as it pushes to the end," Moore said, "not to mention it means less chance of spoilers getting out."

Although this has inspired one of the funniest "Talk Back" postings I've read in weeks over at AICN:

Quote:
Done. Over it. Be gone.
by Heckles

Delay it forever, Sci-Fi/Moore/Eick. I don't care anymore. Totally over this show. I am/was a big fan, watched every episode, and stood by during every bloated hiatus. Balking until January was bullshit in the first place. Splitting the season up and showing the conclusion in '09 was almost the breaking point. This posturing by the powers-that-be to squeeze every goddam ounce of revenue out of this franchise is it. Don't care any more. Sci-Fi can cut the finale in to 60 one-minute segments showing once a year for the next sixty years. I hope Galactica finds Earth in the finale, and when they switch on their little radio, a faint voice from the blue planet below tells them to go fuck themselves.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower...son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."

- Charlie Kelly (via Dennis Reynolds)

#43 of 1611 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,570 posts

Posted October 25 2007 - 07:37 PM

Much as I respect Ron Moore and the work he and the others have done with the show, this is ridiculous. April '08 will be more than a year (about 13 months) since the end of season 3. I know the Sopranos had long waits between seasons too -- but the Sopranos didn't end on a cliffhanger!

Sure sounds like the April beginning will mean the season will get split in two, dragging it out to '09. It also means there will likely be two DVD sets, like there was with season 2.0 and season 2.5. Total bullshit.

Sci Fi needs some people with television sense and some knowledge of customer relations, instead of guys crunching numbers and spreading revenue.

#44 of 1611 RickER

RickER

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,130 posts

Posted October 26 2007 - 01:39 AM

If the Sci-Fi channel had sense they wouldnt have cancelled Farscape after the 4th year. That was after they told them it would be back for the fifth year.
I liked the talk back post you put up their Josh, it was funny, and i bet more true than not with many fans right now. i wonder WHy that long of a delay? Why let a show out of the lime light for that long. People will forget, and not give a crap to tune in again cause they will figure its been cancelled.

#45 of 1611 TravisR

TravisR

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted October 26 2007 - 02:37 AM

It may be lame but I still don't think this is Sci-Fi Channel's fault. Universal probably wants two DVD releases so they can double their money. In other words, Sci-Fi is being told when they can air the show.

#46 of 1611 joshEH

joshEH

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts

Posted October 26 2007 - 03:10 AM

That's exactly correct. The fact that this is the final year of BSG is a double-edged sword:

On the one hand, it likely means zero creative interference from the network like they got last year (the "standalones" in the second half of S3), freeing up Moore and Eick to craft the best ending possible.

On the other hand, this means that, although now the series isn't trying to spike the ratings in hopes for another renewal, Sci-Fi knows that they can fuck with the airdates as much as they want to in order to maximize their revenue streams, and milk the show for all it's worth.

And Universal also knows this, which in tandem point to another split broadcast year, and another split fucking DVD release.

Yay.

If Ron Moore has any pull at all with the network, he'll push and push for the complete single season with all he's worth, as he mentions in that article.

Looking back now, it almost seems like Battlestar was a complete creative freak accident for a bean-counter-driven network which has consistently demonstrated a profound misunderstanding of the science fiction genre.
"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower...son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."

#47 of 1611 joshEH

joshEH

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts

Posted October 26 2007 - 03:19 AM

Quick, everyone, click on AICN -- the latest "Razor Flashback" is exclusive to them until tonight, and you get to see:

Young Billy A. grappling with a '70s-era Cylon!
...And some major spoilers in "Invisotext."

#48 of 1611 RickER

RickER

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,130 posts

Posted October 26 2007 - 03:42 AM

Damn April! That was cool. Hope i can remember it! Posted Image

#49 of 1611 Jim_C

Jim_C

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted October 26 2007 - 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshEH

On the other hand, this means that, although now the series isn't trying to spike the ratings in hopes for another renewal, Sci-Fi knows that they can fuck with the airdates as much as they want to in order to maximize their revenue streams, and milk the show for all it's worth.

And Universal also knows this, which in tandem point to another split broadcast year, and another split fucking DVD release.

And this is why I won't watch anything else on SciFi after Galactica is finished. At this point I have too much invested to stop watching BG but I will never let them hook me on another series with the chance they'll leave me hanging for a @#!%*^ year. There are too many other things I can do with my time.
You want to upgrade again?!!

#50 of 1611 Greg Kettell

Greg Kettell

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • LocationNY Capital District

Posted October 26 2007 - 08:21 AM

April? That stinks...

The Flashback is gone from AICN now too.

#51 of 1611 Michael TLV

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

• PipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted October 29 2007 - 08:20 AM

Greetings

hmm ... no reaction to the latest 2.5 minutes of BSG razor?

Thought it was cool having the cylon taking shots at Adama on the way down. didn't like that they both landed within 10 feet of each other though.

The Cylon Eye view of things seems a bit silly to me ... but was just expecting him to put the steel rod through the thing's eye ... rather than beat it to death.

Regards
Michael @ The Laser Video Experience
THX Video Systems Instructor/ISF Instructor
Lion A/V Consultants Network - TLVEXP.com

#52 of 1611 RickER

RickER

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,130 posts

Posted October 29 2007 - 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael TLV
Greetings

hmm ... no reaction to the latest 2.5 minutes of BSG razor?

Thought it was cool having the cylon taking shots at Adama on the way down. didn't like that they both landed within 10 feet of each other though.

The Cylon Eye view of things seems a bit silly to me ... but was just expecting him to put the steel rod through the thing's eye ... rather than beat it to death.

Regards

We all watched it as an AICN exclusive a few days before. It was cool, dare i say fun, and almost old school Galactica.

#53 of 1611 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 13,830 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted October 29 2007 - 11:29 AM

I might be seeing "Razor" on the big screen two weeks from today. The screenings were pretty well publicized around here so there's also a good chance that I could get shut out. But if it works out it'd be really neat, especially since I only have basic, not standard, cable in Boston (so no SciFi Channel).

I thought the neatest thing about the last flashback was the CG version of the old school Cylons. I loved the way it moved.

#54 of 1611 Jim_C

Jim_C

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted October 29 2007 - 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt
I might be seeing "Razor" on the big screen two weeks from today. The screenings were pretty well publicized around here so there's also a good chance that I could get shut out. But if it works out it'd be really neat, especially since I only have basic, not standard, cable in Boston (so no SciFi Channel).

I thought the neatest thing about the last flashback was the CG version of the old school Cylons. I loved the way it moved.

I'm in Boston and I completely missed it. Where is it being screened?

#55 of 1611 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 13,830 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted October 29 2007 - 01:14 PM

Regal Fenway 13. Here's the link, I don't know if it's still open:
http://battlestarevent.com/

#56 of 1611 Jim_C

Jim_C

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted October 30 2007 - 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt
Regal Fenway 13. Here's the link, I don't know if it's still open:
http://battlestarevent.com/

Yup, registration is full. Oh well, it would've been nice to see on the big screen.

Thanks for the link.

#57 of 1611 JediFonger

JediFonger

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,861 posts

Posted October 31 2007 - 05:28 AM

registration is full for ALL boston cinema Posted Image.

PS we have so many Bostonians here, let's have a HT meet =).

#58 of 1611 Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.

• 6,309 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted October 31 2007 - 08:07 AM

go Sox!!

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current

#59 of 1611 Jose Martinez

Jose Martinez

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted November 03 2007 - 02:20 PM

Razor was awesome. Can't wait for the new season.

Also, so far, web episode
5 is actually seen in Razor. Will most likely include web episode 6 as well but there are really no other Adama flashbacks in Razor (that I could remember). Most of the flashbacks in Razor deal with Cain or Kendra

Live Free or DIE!!!!!

#60 of 1611 Abby_B

Abby_B

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted November 05 2007 - 07:11 AM

I am waiting til the 24th! Is that old-school? Oh well....

I'm psyched that it's getting good feedback though! And still loving my little teaser flashbacks...

Back to TV Programming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow