What's new

Blades of Glory on Blu-Ray found in Canada... (1 Viewer)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I love how the store had another copy and he was able to not get just one, but TWO of them. The eBay bid for the first copy is already over $100. That's a nice profit!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am surprised their aren't more copies out there. Their are some who swear up and down Paramount never pressed this disc. I find that hard to believe since Paramount's decision came a few days before it's scheduled release.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

I'm loving this! This is why I choose hang my hat here at the HTF rather than over "there" where civility takes a back seat too often for my tastes (based on personal experiences, not just lurking). While I'm not sure whether or not this is an elaborate hoax (if so, then more power to the guy!) or a real situation there is a more basic problem, in my opinion. I'm talking about the arrogant attitude that pervades almost everything over there and, apparently is allowed to run rampant. Yes, not everyone on the HTF is a choirboy (or girl) but at least we try to see to it that people are treated with respect or there are consequences. Unabated controversy attracts all types of people and, naturally, results in crowded discussions. But it becomes a chore to separate the wheat from the chaff.

In discussions on a "forum" it's quality over quantity for me.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

Of course they did - it looks like some people over at the AVS have very short-term memories. Someone on their forums had posted a picture back in late June/Early July of Blades Of Glory on both HD DVD and Blu-ray that he had received from one of his sources at Paramount. These were, apparently, pre-release copies sent out to reviewers, but the final, sealed retail packages for both formats. It's obvious by that posting alone, that these discs were pressed and ready to go at least 2 months ago.

CRyan

Screenwriter
Makes one wonder what Paramount will do with these discs.

Destroy or save???

Brian-W

Screenwriter

Ever since HD-DVD and Blu-Ray launched, at least on AVS, there's been a huge influx of memberships, many being the proverbial fanboy. Moderation is nil at best which is sad. Regardless, thankfully only the software and game forums suffer from this, whereas the hardware side is largely shielded from it.

But the software forums generally turn into large scale pissing matches. I like both forums, but have tended to gravitate towards AVS on hardware/projection systems/other, and HTF for software (which dominates HTF, and is well moderated). They both have their purposes.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Maybe I missed something but I don't get the controversy here.

Why would anyone doubt a BD's existence? :confused: :confused:

Why would someone pay $100 for Blades of Glory?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Averry

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew
A sweet video of him hopping up an down with it would be nice. And then putting it in the player and watching it. And then turning to the camera and smiling for 3 minutes straight.

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
Not only are the discs pressed weeks and even months ahead of the street date, but in fact they are also shipped to distibutors and dealers well in advance. I personally get almost all my DVDs atleast a week to two weeks ahead of the street date. At times I have actually received the DVD well over a month in advance of the street date.

As for the DVD of 'Blades of Glory', I had my copy with me on the 18th of August, that is 10 days before the actual street date and if I am not mistaken 2 days ahead of the Paramount/Dreamworks announcement on the 20th of August. Also do keep in mind the extra few days it takes for the DVD to get to me here in India. Since presumably the studios ship out the titles on different media at the same time, it is safe to assume that had I ordered the Blu-Ray disc for 'Blades of Glory' I would have received my copy on the 18th of August, the same day I received the DVD and before Paramount/Dreamworks announced that they were deserting Blu-Ray..

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I haven't had a chance to confirm availability, but both BestBuy and Future Shop (same parent co.) have been advertising the BD in their flyers, but it's not shown as available online.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Advertising is printed weeks in advance so with the cancelation so close to release they just had to go with the original ads.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks