What's new

PDA and Mobile Phone Forum Testers Needed (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Guys:

I have added a WAP plugin that should detect if you access the forum via your cellphone, PDA, etc. and it should automatically switch you to a simple font with no text.

For those of you that access the forum via your PDA, cellphone, etc. let me know if it works ok for you or not.

Thanks,
Parker

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
cool...I was just looking at a verizon Pocket PC phone thing today!!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I'm using a Treo 755p and it seems to be loading the usual page under Blazer. Is there some different URL that should be coming up?

No, I have plenty of text :) Did you mean no images?

Update -- I tried using www.mobile.hometheaterforum.com and it's still coming up like it always has.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I've given this a try, and I like the load speed since I'm on a Blackberry and it's still just using Edge for data. I do wish there was a button to go to "first new post" for each thread like there is on the more graphical web interface before the plug-in.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
It is working fine on my iPhone. Unfortunately, I am not sure if I want it to. When I am surfing using AT&T's pathetically slow network, it is great. However, most of the time when I am using the web with my iPhone I am using a wireless b/g connection. In those times, I rather have access to the normal forum.

Would there be a way to give users an option for how they want the forum to appear? Standard or mobile version?

-Keith

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Reeaallly fast. Loads in a snap.

The only quibble would be to have the page links under the subject so you could jump to the last page.

OTOH, I can now actually read HTF on my Treo without going grey, so I'll take it.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys!!

I finally got a Q...now the problems is that I cant activate it as my home is in a roaming area for Verizon!! argh!!!!!!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
My Opera Mini also works (BTW, if you have a Palm, Opera Mini is something like a gajillion times better than Blazer). The only thing is, when I use the rocker to jump to links, the highlighting doesn't work, so I'm not sure which link I'm on. So I have to use the touchscreen to jump to links. If you aren't familiar with the Treo, the rocker will move to the next link and highlight it, like a Blackberry, so you can browse with one hand.

This is purely a suggestion and not a complaint. This is miles better than it used to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks