Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

What Ever Happened to DESIGNING WOMEN?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Claude North

Claude North

Second Unit

• 325 posts

Posted August 31 2007 - 04:52 AM

Wasn't the complete first season supposed to be released by now?

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,318 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted August 31 2007 - 06:03 AM

Supposed to. But I imagine the hold-up is music related. Had it not been for that lousy copyright extension act, the theme song Georgia On My Mind would be PD by now.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,097 posts

Posted August 31 2007 - 09:54 AM

That's what I was thinking. I can't imagine what else is holding up this release except for the Georgia music rights. And the show likely will not come out unless they can get that song.
Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,318 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted August 31 2007 - 10:23 AM

Do I need to remind you of Married with Children and Dawson's Creek?

And there are other songs used throughout the show; not WKRP level of music, but enough to add about $10 to the price tag.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling it won't look very good on DVD when it does come; it was shot on film but its pre-production was all done on analog videotape. Unless they want to go back and redo everything in hi-def, which I don't think they'd do for anything other than Seinfeld, I think you should be prepared not to be blown away by picture quality.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,097 posts

Posted September 01 2007 - 09:13 PM

That will almost certainly be true of the pilot which has always looked awful. It seems they had very little faith in this show to begin with since the production values on the first episode were so poor.
Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes