Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Hot Fuzz 3-disc CE in November

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 of 16 OFFLINE   Haggai

Haggai

Producer

• 3,883 posts

Posted August 31 2007 - 02:42 AM

Universal sure didn't wait too long before double-dipping this one. I didn't get the 2-disc release because there were more extras on the HD and Region 2 SD releases, so I figured something like this was coming, but I didn't know it would be that quick!

#2 of 16 OFFLINE   Gregory Pauswinski

Gregory Pauswinski

Supporting Actor

• 556 posts

Posted August 31 2007 - 03:07 AM

That's pretty crummy.... They could at least have waited a little bit longer.

#3 of 16 OFFLINE   Jeff-Wooten

Jeff-Wooten

Stunt Coordinator

• 113 posts

Posted August 31 2007 - 03:19 AM

Wow. Yeah. Pretty quick double dip. Well at least I held off on buying the Wal-Mart exclusive "disc 2" that were majority bundled with FS copies.

#4 of 16 OFFLINE   BillBR

BillBR

Stunt Coordinator

• 60 posts

Posted August 31 2007 - 03:24 AM

Way to bend the customer over and screw 'em, Universal.

I was pretty sure that this was not going to be double dipped, thanks to Uni's previous handling of Shaun of the Dead (which was a very similar case where a handful of extras from the R2 version were not ported over to R1). Uni never double dipped Shaun, so when HF was announced I assumed it would be the same thing. Then my suspicions were confirmed when it was revealed the HD version had all the R2 extras but R1 didn't...save for a "Wal Mart Exclusive" bonus disc. So I sent my poor old mother to Wal Mart the day of release, since there are no Wal Marts anywhere near me. And now Universal pulls this nonsense.

The way they have handled this title is incredibly sleazy.
"I've been thinking about what we talked about before...it's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of surviving. That's all."
--Edward James Olmos

#5 of 16 OFFLINE   Will*B

Will*B

Second Unit

• 471 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted August 31 2007 - 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBR
The way they have handled this title is incredibly sleazy.

I agree.

Any guesses on who the 'Guest' is on the 5th commentary? This track isn't on the UK version....

If I had to guess, I'd say it's Wright's new 'best friend', Tarantino.

#6 of 16 OFFLINE   Jeremy Brupaste

Jeremy Brupaste

Stunt Coordinator

• 93 posts

Posted August 31 2007 - 02:01 PM

Double-dipping scumbags.

#7 of 16 OFFLINE   Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,156 posts

Posted September 01 2007 - 01:07 AM

Well I never bought it (was thinking about it), so this is good news for me.

#8 of 16 OFFLINE   Adam_WM

Adam_WM

Screenwriter

• 1,626 posts

Posted September 01 2007 - 08:35 AM

I'll wait on this until it's on sale or something.

#9 of 16 OFFLINE   Chris S

Chris S

Screenwriter

• 2,523 posts

Posted September 01 2007 - 05:23 PM

The window from single-dip to double-dip is now almost as short as the window from theaters to DVD. Another crummy move Universal. There's a reason you are consistently on the worst studio of the year list.
DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!

#10 of 16 OFFLINE   Drew Reiber

Drew Reiber

Supporting Actor

• 534 posts

Posted September 01 2007 - 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will*B
If I had to guess, I'd say it's Wright's new 'best friend', Tarantino.

That or Robert Rodriguez, who contributed at least two tracks to the film. I hope it's Rodriguez too, because at least he has a reason to be there.

#11 of 16 OFFLINE   Bonedwarf

Bonedwarf

Stunt Coordinator

• 151 posts

Posted September 02 2007 - 01:55 PM

That is despicable! Though a check of the extras shows an extra commentary track, and the Fuzzball Rally extra as being the ONLY stuff not on the region 2 release which I imported.

I never double dip. (Anyone who who has ever bought the same movie twice is part of the problem and has, IMO, surrendered any right to complain about the practice). So glad the region 2 is largely identical to this.

#12 of 16 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,686 posts

Posted September 02 2007 - 02:18 PM

I'm pretty thankful that I didn't pick the Walmart version up when it was originally released. I will be able to get the 3 disc without any regrets......However, I also feel that it was a really crappy move on Universal's part.

Screwing customers may be the way you make profits, but it certainly won't promote any goodwill for you Universal. Posted Image
Recently watched- Saturn 3, Cheers: Season 6, Nosferatu: The Vampyre, Battle Beyond The Stars, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers(1978), Ransom, Dragonheart, Tomb Of Ligeia, Bloodlust: Subspecies III, Gorky Park, The Last Man On Earth(1964), Lost: Season 6, Transformers Age Of Extinction 3D, The World's End, Toy Story Of Terror!, X-Men: Days Of Future Past 3D, Bloodstone: Subspecies II

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1, Arrow: Season 2

Irina Asanova - "KGB have better cars, you know."
Arkady Renko - "Ah, but they don't always take you where you want to go, do they?"

#13 of 16 OFFLINE   David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter

• 1,435 posts

Posted September 06 2007 - 11:54 AM

i love the film and glad I held off. 3 disc all the way for a great film.
ENTERLINE MEDIA (entertainment articles and DVD/Movie/TV show reviews)

#14 of 16 OFFLINE   James Ryfun

James Ryfun

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted September 06 2007 - 12:33 PM

Kind of ticks me off too. I loved the movie, but not enough to bite on such a blatant double dip. If I do re-buy this title, it will be in an HD format sometime in the future. I have the original DVD, and as long as it has the film that I love, that'll be good enough for now.

#15 of 16 OFFLINE   RyanAn

RyanAn

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted September 06 2007 - 01:56 PM

I'm pretty sure 3 discs is better than 1 or even 2, so I'm glad I waited to catch this little bit of awesome news. Hopefully this will encompass what was on the Wal-Mart disc.

Ryan

#16 of 16 OFFLINE   JiM T

JiM T

Stunt Coordinator

• 213 posts

Posted September 06 2007 - 02:26 PM

Sucks - this was one of the only newer films that I've gone out of my way to buy immediately, mainly because of the scarcity of the Wal-Mart disc. After jumping through all kinds of stupid hoops to get that, they pull this?!? Humph.

Forum Nav Content I Follow