What's new

anyone own the Sharp AQUOS LC-52D62U? (1 Viewer)

TRBMan

Auditioning
Real Name
AJ Schmidt
i am thinking about buying it.

anyone here have it? I would like to know if it is worth buying or not.

post your reviews here. Pros and cons.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi AJ. We try to avoid specific make/model reviews here in the Basics forum. I will move your post to the Display Devices area where you will get better responses.

I have the 46" version and enjoy it very much. We have quite a bit of light in our room and I think it does an excellent job. SD Dish Network doesn't look that great, but OTA HD is pristine. I have the Oppo DVD player that upconverts to 1080i and am pleased with that as well. I can't really speak to color settings and the like as I have never calibrated my LCD (probably should). Hopefully this helps. Oh, and we didn't get the 52" because our viewing distance wasn't far enough. That was a wise decision. The only complaint I have is that I don't have a PC input. I probably wouldn't use it anyway, but would like to have it.

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
I'm looking at theLC46D82U. Amazon has it for $2100 which seems an excellent price ($700 less than Best Buy) Do I buy now or bide my time for the holiday sales in the hopes of a better deal?

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi
the pricing will definitely be dropping very quickly over the next 60 days.
Also consider Sony, Samsung, Toshiba.
regards
Gregg

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
Damnit...after months of wrangling with what set to get and finally settling on the Sharp, I just had to pass by an XBR4 in a store this weekend. Talk about putting my decision in doubt. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks