Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

anyone own the Sharp AQUOS LC-52D62U?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   TRBMan

TRBMan

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted August 29 2007 - 04:56 AM

i am thinking about buying it. anyone here have it? I would like to know if it is worth buying or not. post your reviews here. Pros and cons.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh

Producer

• 5,183 posts

Posted August 29 2007 - 01:33 PM

Hi AJ. We try to avoid specific make/model reviews here in the Basics forum. I will move your post to the Display Devices area where you will get better responses.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Jeran Kuenzie

Jeran Kuenzie

Agent

• 32 posts

Posted October 09 2007 - 02:43 AM

I have the 46" version and enjoy it very much. We have quite a bit of light in our room and I think it does an excellent job. SD Dish Network doesn't look that great, but OTA HD is pristine. I have the Oppo DVD player that upconverts to 1080i and am pleased with that as well. I can't really speak to color settings and the like as I have never calibrated my LCD (probably should). Hopefully this helps. Oh, and we didn't get the 52" because our viewing distance wasn't far enough. That was a wise decision. The only complaint I have is that I don't have a PC input. I probably wouldn't use it anyway, but would like to have it.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Michael_K_Sr

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter

• 1,349 posts
  • LocationChicago 'burbs

Posted October 10 2007 - 04:06 PM

I'm looking at theLC46D82U. Amazon has it for $2100 which seems an excellent price ($700 less than Best Buy) Do I buy now or bide my time for the holiday sales in the hopes of a better deal?

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.

• 6,366 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted October 15 2007 - 05:01 AM

hi the pricing will definitely be dropping very quickly over the next 60 days. Also consider Sony, Samsung, Toshiba. regards Gregg

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Michael_K_Sr

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter

• 1,349 posts
  • LocationChicago 'burbs

Posted October 15 2007 - 11:33 AM

Damnit...after months of wrangling with what set to get and finally settling on the Sharp, I just had to pass by an XBR4 in a store this weekend. Talk about putting my decision in doubt. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users