-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Experian Thinks My Wife is Dead

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 David Brown Eyes

David Brown Eyes

Second Unit

• 262 posts

Posted August 28 2007 - 01:51 PM

No she is not dead but when we tried to pull up her FICO scores last night they did not exist. We narrowed it down to one creditor who reported her dead to Experian and now she is completely removed from the system.

We are screwed right?

Anyone have and experience or suggestions on how to fight this and prove that she is still alive?

I have read some horror stories on the net today trying to research what we need to do but very few suggestions on how to go about removing the reported death.

#2 of 6 Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds

Producer

• 3,597 posts

Posted August 28 2007 - 01:59 PM

Identity theft possibly?

CJ
And then when I feel so stuffed I can't eat anymore, I just use the restroom! And then I CAN eat more!

#3 of 6 David Brown Eyes

David Brown Eyes

Second Unit

• 262 posts

Posted August 28 2007 - 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ Reynolds
Identity theft possibly?

CJ

I don't think so. identity theft would have someone using her credit not killing it.

#4 of 6 Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted August 28 2007 - 03:03 PM

When I was in college, I was inadvertently reported dead to a student loan company. As a result, I couldn't enroll or do anything for almost 3 weeks that year until we got it all sorted out.

Here's the approach I had to use: find out the creditor who reported such a thing, contact them directly. You can get a "proof of life" kind of item (a physical, recent medical work, a payment or a renewed photo ID). Get this to the creditor who has issued the report.

Then, contact the reporting bureau, and notify them. In advance, notify other reporting bureaus of the error in your account.

If you really work this, you can normally get a resolution before the next reporting cycle. But you want to make sure you are on top of it before that cycle, so that other agencies do not receive the bad information.

Good luck!
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#5 of 6 David Brown Eyes

David Brown Eyes

Second Unit

• 262 posts

Posted August 29 2007 - 02:34 AM

Thanks Chris.

#6 of 6 Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott

Screenwriter