What's new

Friday Night Lights Season 1 Music Edits (1 Viewer)

KevinMcConnell

Auditioning
Hello all,

I recently went to buy Friday Night Lights s1 and there was a music disclaimer on the back. I didn't see this during the broadcast run so I have no idea what changed. So I complied a list of the songs in the episodes I got from TV.com and wanted to see if anyone can point out a change. So here is the list and a thank you in advance for any replies. Also if anything is missing or incorrect please let me know. One of these days I am going to start a website based on music changes/video edits in film and TV.

Episode 1:
Ram Jam - Black Betty
Beck - Debra
The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
Explosions In The Sky - Remember Me as a Time of Day
Gym Class Heroes - New Friend Request
Styles Of Beyond - Nine Thou (Superstars Remix)

Episode 2:
TV on the Radio - Wolf Like Me
Tony Lucca - Devil Town

Episode 3:
Willie Nelson - Pick up the Tempo
Pearl Jam - Come Back

Episode 4:
Dead Heart Bloom - New Messiah
Sergio Mendes - Yes, Yes Yall
Samantha Jade - What I Got

Episode 5:
Kasabian - Shoot the Runner
Blind Willie Johnson - One Scotch, One bourbon, One Beer
Gary Glitter - Rock and Roll (Part 2)(Played by school band)
Camera Obscura - Let’s Get Out of This Country
Heartless Bastards - All This Time

Episode 6:
Beulah’s - Gene Autry
James McMurtry’s - Lost in the Backyard
Whiskytown’s - Everything I Do

Episode 7:
Amerie - Take control
Kelis - I Don't Think So

Episode 8:
Explosions in the Sky - Glittering Blackness
The Stooges - Search and Destroy
Iron and Wine - Dead Man’s Will

Episode 9:
Hinder - Lips of an Angel

Episode 10:

School Band - Gary Glitter’s Rock and Roll (Part 2)
José González - Storm
Nelly Furtado - Maneater
Stereophonics – Rewind

Episode 11:
Tom Petty - Saving Grace
Spoon - I Turn My Camera On
Audioslave – Cochise

Episode 12:
Jake Owen - Yee Haw

Episode 13:
Richard Buckner – Figure

Episode 14:
Justin Timberlake - SexyBack
Brand New - Jesus
...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - So Divided
Gwen Stefani - 4 In The Morning

Episode 15:
Pink - U and Ur Hand
The Go! Team - Huddle Formation
DMX - Lord Give Me A Sign

Episode 16:

Episode 17:
Ryan Adams - Political Scientist
Rogue Wave – Eyes*
*Confirmed - Replaced with generic instrumental track*

Episode 18:
Outkast - Idlewild Blue (Don't Chu Worry 'Bout Me)
David Usher - Hope (Tell Everyone)

Episode 19:

Episode 20:
The Killers - Read my mind

Episode 21:
José Gonzáles – Storm

Episode 22:
LCD Soundsystem - Daft Punk is playing at my house
Dirtie Blonde - Walk Over Me
Bright Eyes - Devil Town

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Could that be a generic disclaimer that Universal puts on all its releases? I hope so - I've been looking forward to this all summer.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It hasn't been in the past. There was one week where Magnum PI had no disclaimer and A-Team did.

I hope the Gary Glitter is intact, since that was actually played by the school band. I don't want any other cuts, but I frankly don't remember anything but Devil Town from the broadcasts.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny

I've been wondering about this too,but for CBS/Paramount releases. (Except for "Happy Days".)

Terry H

Second Unit
Well, I saw a post on another forum complaining that episode 17 Rogue Wave's song "Eyes" was replaced.
I never watched this but was thinking about buying blind and catching up before the start of season 2.
Not now.
Another show down the crapper.

Don3996

Agent
Real Name
Don
So a show that you never watched before, missing a song that you would have never known was missing unless you read that post is preventing you from enjoying an awesome show. Oh well your loss for being such an extremist. I never watched this on TV and I picked up this set yesterday and watched the pilot last night. I know its not completely edited since "Louie Louie" was playing in the background in one scene. This is probably one of the best shows Ive found in a long while.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It only gets better, trust me. Well, I'm actually hesitant to say that. It is pretty consistent. It's hard to say, "Oh, this is the episode where so-and-so happens," because it's almost like a documentary where you're seeing events in these peoples' lives unfold.

KevinMcConnell

Auditioning
I bought the season set yesterday, but I still wonder about the edits. Although I might take some heat for this, I had downloaded the whole season prior to buying the DVD. I suppose I could compare the two. Either way, I am not going to catch things since I missed the original airings, but as long as it doesn't cut out any material (like the scene as a whole) I am ok with it. But normally I don't buy DVD's that have that label on it.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I picked it up blind, having never watched the show, and if you aren't buying it because of the missing music, you are REALLY missing out.

An excellent show.

The DVD has an ad for the soundtrack, so I doubt they cut too much music.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
I also bought this set blind, and it is just a phenomenal show. The acting is so good; it is scary. I know that it is another critical darling that is having a very hard time finding an audience. I'm sure it will be cancelled early on in its second season, probably in favor of some stupid game or reality show. That would really be a shame.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Me three!

I sampled this show a bit last fall, but for whatever reason, I kept missing it when it aired. I picked up the DVD a couple of weeks ago and totally fell in love with this thing! Great acting, compelling storyline and superb serialized drama... This one has it all.

Nearly every episode on the DVD includes bonus deleted scenes (sometimes 3-5 minutes worth!) that significantly enhance each episode. A nice "making of" featurette is icing on the cake! Very highly recommended!!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Cool limas. We need you guys if we are to have any hope for a season three. Of course, I am not a Nielsen person, and probably neither are you. I don't know how that works. But, still glad to have new people interested.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Add me to the group that discovered this show on DVD and doesn't mind the music replacements too much as a result. Where music was used, it felt completely appropriate and did not disrupt the show. However, in the future one would hope Universal be smart enough to include DVD rights in the contract when negociating for music useage. It's not as if they didn't know there was a DVD release in the future when they made these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks