Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Transfer photos from one memory card to another?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Bob McLaughlin

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter

• 1,129 posts

Posted August 27 2007 - 07:57 AM

Is there an easy way to do this? Someone gave me a digital picture frame but it has no internal memory of its own, so you have to keep the memory card in it. I don't want to have to take out the memory card out of a picture frame every time I want to use my camera. Any way around this?
"I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND!!!" - Barton Fink

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,934 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 27 2007 - 10:39 AM

Just use a card reader attached to your PC to move the files from one card to another. If the card reader does not have two slots, first copy the files to a temporary spot on your PC, then copy to another card.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Bob McLaughlin

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter

• 1,129 posts

Posted August 30 2007 - 01:28 AM

Thanks Scott! Anyone have any recommendations for a decent, easy-to-use reader/writer?
"I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND!!!" - Barton Fink

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   nolesrule

nolesrule

Producer

• 3,084 posts
  • LocationClearwater, FL

Posted August 30 2007 - 04:36 AM

Just about any USB card reader you can find will do the trick. You don't need anything pricy. If you already store your digital pics on a hard drive, then it makes things easy to update the card as needed.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Bryan X

Bryan X

Producer

• 3,469 posts

Posted August 30 2007 - 10:41 AM

They are all easy to use. Just plug one into the usb port on your computer and it treats it as another drive. You should be able to find one for around $20.00.

Or you could buy an internal card reader/writer if you don't want another accessory cluttering things up.

My desktop has an internal multi-card reader/writer but I bought this (link below) SanDisk Compact Flash reader/writer for my laptop which only came with an SD reader:

http://www.staples.c....&cmArea=SEARCH

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,595 posts

Posted August 31 2007 - 04:39 PM

Card readers are easier for my money than hooking up the camera to the computer anyway. Are you saying you only have one card?

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users