What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-4-2007 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Weekly RoundUp

SPECIAL NOTICE: I’m unable to put together this week’s RoundUp in usual fashion…so I have put together the basic shell of the post but will be unable to post this week’s flyer ads. I will be back in full force next week.

This week I have included prices taken from the websites of the retailers…but a number of them will be wrong. The retailers routinely update the prices of their weekly sales very close to release week. Many of these “wrong” prices will be obvious to you. I also have no access to Target’s prices this early.

Thanks for understanding.

The Features

– Felicity Huffman, Jane Fonda, Lindsey Lohan (Georgia Rule – 2007)

– On Any Sunday (1971)

– Cast (The Black Donnellys – 2007)

– Alec Baldwin, Tina Fey, Tracy Morgan (30 Rock - 2006)

– James Spader & Jordi Caballero (I, Witness – 2003)

The Prices

SD-DVD TITLEAmazonBestBuyCrcCityTargetCostco30 Rock: Season 1$32.49$39.99$39.99 - $32.29Alvin/Chipmunks: Scare-riffic Dbl. Feat.$13.49$12.99$12.99 - - Black Donnellys: Complete Series$34.99$44.99$39.99 - $33.99Bobby Z$22.49$19.99$19.99 - - Bosom Buddies$22.39$34.99$29.99 - - Cheech/Chong’s Up in Smoke CE$13.49$12.99$12.99 - - Chill Out Scooby-Doo!$14.99$16.99$15.99 - - **Delta Farce$21.69$19.99$19.99 - - Demetri Martin.Person.$17.99$14.99$15.99 - - Desperate Housewives: Season 3$38.99$69.99$49.99 - - **Georgia Rule$19.99$19.99$19.99 - - I, Witness$18.69$11.99$19.99 - - It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia: S1&2$27.99$34.99$34.99 - - Mr. Magoo’s A Christmas Carol$15.19 - $15.99 - - Murder Game$17.99$17.99$15.99 - - Night on Earth (CC)$29.99$34.99$34.99 - - Nip/Tuck: Season 4$37.99$48.99$49.99 - $38.49The Office: Season 3$32.49$39.99$39.99 - $31.99On Any Sunday SE (2-disc)$22.49$19.99$19.99 - - Prison Break: Season 2$38.99$49.99$49.99 - $38.89Real Housewives of Orange Co.: S1$22.49$24.99$19.99 - - Resident Evil/RE: Apocalypse$17.89$14.99$15.99 - - Robot Chicken: Season 2$19.99$26.99$19.99 - - Rules of Engagement: Season 1$19.99$24.99$19.99 - - She-Ra, Princess of Power: S2$29.99$34.99$34.99 - - Spongebob: Season 5 Volume 1$27.69$34.99$29.99 - - Stephanie Daley$26.09$24.99$19.99 - - Stranger Than Paradise (CC)$29.99$34.99$34.99 - - The Unholy$24.29$22.99$19.99 - - Wind Chill$22.49$22.99$19.99 - - The Wind that Shakes the Barley$13.99$14.99$15.99 - -

HD-DVD TITLEAmazonBestBuyCrcCityTargetCostcoNip/Tuck: Season 4$53.95$69.99$79.98 - -

BLU-RAY TITLEAmazonBestBuyCrcCityTargetCostcoDelta Farce$27.95$34.99$39.99 - - Nip/tuck: Season 4$53.95$69.99$79.98 - - Remember the Titans$19.95$29.99$29.99 - -

(CC) after a title = New release in the Criterion Collection.

The Disclaimer Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

"LP" in the RoundUp table means a store’s Sunday flyer says "Low Price". That means I could not locate a definite price for the item, and the ad is all I have to go on. Retailers use these phrases in advertisements so that they do not violate MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) agreements with the studios. Doing so can cost them thousands or even millions of dollars in co-op advertising funds.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, as always, Circuit City does not guarantee their sale prices in Hawaii.

The Specials

SPECIAL NOTICE: I’m unable to put together this week’s RoundUp in usual fashion…so I have put together the basic shell of the post but will be unable to post this week’s flyer ads. I will be back in full force next week.

This week I have included prices taken from the websites of the retailers…but a number of them will be wrong. The retailers routinely update the prices of their weekly sales very close to release week. Many of these “wrong” prices will be obvious to you. I also have no access to Target’s prices this early.

Thanks for understanding. And, thanks, as always, to Patrick Sun for his able assist in making these magically appear for me.

**BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL! Delta Farce AND Georgia Rule are available in both OAR and MAR versions...get the correct one(s)!

--Also BE AWARE: There are actually three different releases of 30 Rock this week. There is the complete Season 1 release (which I have included in the RoundUp) as well as Season 1/Volume 1 and Season 1/Volume 2 releases. Don’t pick up the wrong one!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, folks, I'm busy with Dragon Con this weekend, so I won't have time to put up the catalog DVD sales at this time, perhaps in a few days after I recover from the convention...

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Nothing for me to get off on this weekend.

(Which is a good thing. - I am as poor as a Church Mouse this month! :frowning: )

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Mike,

You picked a good weekend to not be able to do the roundup to your usual standards, since there's nothing I'm even remotely interested in. :)

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Thanks RoundUppers!

Nothing for me this week.

That's a good thing too, since I'm still reeling from last week's mega purchases of Doogie Howser, MD: Season Three, Doogie Howser, MD: Season Four, Heroes: Season One, The Odd Couple: Season Two, Friday Night Lights: Season One, Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared! :eek:

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
30 Rock. I'm hoping someone will have it for less than the BB and CC advertised price of $34.99.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
Since Patrick is tied up, here are the catalog deals of the week (courtesy of cheap ass gamer)

Best Buy

$9.99 Movies

Crank
The Guardian
Harsh Times
Office Space: Special Edition With Flair
The Prestige
The Departed
Happy Feet
Air Buddies
Star Wars: Clone Wars – Volume I
Everyone’s Hero
Happily N’Ever After
Hannah Montana: Pop Star Profile
Step Up
Invincible
The Hitcher (2007)
Because I Said So
Smokin’ Aces
The Good Shepherd
Jungle 2 Jungle
Ray Bradbury’s Something Wicked This Way Comes
Candleshoe
Talladega Nights: The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby
The DaVinci Code
Napoleon Dynamite
The Nativity Story
The Astronaut Farmer
Music & Lyrics
Code Name: The Cleaner
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
Alpha Dog
Man Of The Year
Children Of Men
Pan’s Labyrinth
Hannibal Rising: Unrated
SAW III: Unrated Edition
Tyler Perry’s Diary Of a Mad Black Woman – The Movie

DVD Sets

The Black Donnelly’s: Season #1 - $33.99

Robot Chicken: Season #2 - $21.99

30 Rock: Season #1 - $34.99

Rules Of Engagement: Season #1 (7 episodes?) - $24.99

Spongebob Squarepants: Season #5 - $24.99

Nip/Tuck: Seasons #1 - #3 - $19.99 each

Nip/Tuck: Season #4 - $37.99

Nip/Tuck: Season #4 HD-DVD or Blu-Ray - $69.99 each

Desperate Housewives: Season #3 – Dirty Laundry Edition - $37.99

Prison Break: Season #2 - 37.99+

It’s Always Sunny In Philadelpha: Seasons #1 & #2 - $29.99+

Prison Break: Season #1 - $19.99

+ Save $10 Instantly when you buy Prison Break: Season 2 AND It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia Together on the same receipt - Deal excludes HD-DVD & Blu-Ray disc formats

The Office: Season #3 - $32.99
The Office: Season #3 Welcome Aboard Kit - $42.99*

*Best Buy Exclusive: Office Welcome Aboard Kit Contains Season #3 DVD Set, the Dundie Award, a Dwight Schrute Mini-Bobblehead and a Welcome Aboard Letter, all of which is packaged in a Office Storage Box - Minimum 18 per store - No rain checks

Circuit City

$6.99 DVDs

(B&M & .com)

Heathers
Teen Wolf/Teen Wolf Too Double Feature
The Karate Kid: SE
Dazed & Confused: Flashback Edition
Say Anything: SE
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off: Bueller…. Bueller… Edition
Can’t Buy Me Love
Friday Night Lights
Fast Times At Ridgemont High: SE
You Got Served: SE
Pretty In Pink: Everything’s Duckie Edition
Real Genius
Drum Line
Not Another Teen Movie: Unrated Extended Director’s Cut
Clueless: Special Whatever! Edition

$8.99 DVDs

Freedom Writers
Cruel Intentions/Cruel Intentions 2 Double Feature
Grease: Black Jacket Edition
Sixteen Candles: High School Reunion Collection Version
Stick It
Step Up
School For Scoundrels
High School Musical: The Concert – Extreme Access Pass
Back To School: Extra Curricular Edition
John Tucker Must Die
Remember The Titans: Director’s Cut
Napoleon Dynamite
She’s The Man
The Breakfast Club: High School Reunion Collection Version
Legally Blonde/Legally Blonde 2 Double Feature
American Grafitti: The Franchise Collection - Drive In Double Feature

$12.99 DVDs – Labor Day Specials On Sunday & Monday Only

Shooter
Bridge To Terabithia
Zodiac

DVD Sets

30 Rock: Season #1- $34.99

Nip/Tuck: Season #4 - $39.99

Nip/Tuck: Seasons #1 - #3 - $32.99 ea

Desperate Housewives: Season #3 – The Dirty Laundry Edition - $36.99 (Comes with a Free Bonus Disc: “Desperately Dangerous: Visit With The Villains of Wisteria Lane”)

Prison Break: Season #2 - $36.99 (Comes with a Free $5 Circuit City Gift Card - In store only - Same receipt)

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Could Best Buy actually have an insane price of $69.99 for Desperate Housewives: Season 3? It's $37.99 in my weekly sales flyer.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
what is wrong with the roundup.

looks like everything that is necasary is there.

all that disclamer stuff isn't needed anymore.

anyway.
bobby z is probably "the life and death of bobby z"

bosom buddies listed would be season two.
this is also available as a complete series set this tuesday.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Just The Office: Season Three for me this week.

Thanks for pulling things together despite your schedule! :)

The giant text in the first post says "The retailers routinely update the prices of their weekly sales very close to release week. Many of these 'wrong' prices will be obvious to you."

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks, as always, for the Roundup.

This week, it's Rules of Engagement S1, It's Always Sunny in Philly S1&2. And I'll eventually get Robot Chicken and Prison Break second seasons but probably not this week.

Matt.K

Agent
Here are the Target weekly flyer prices - courtesy of Professor Mist

**** DVDs / DVD sets ********

Georgia Rule >>>> Low Price ($17.99)
Delta Farce >>>> $17.99
Chill Out Scooby-Doo! – Original Movie >>>> $14.99
Disney’s Princess Enchanted Tales: Follow Your Dreams >>>> $14.99

DVD Sets:

30 Rock: Season #1 >>>> $34.99

Robot Chicken: Season #2 >>>> $21.99

Prison Break: Season #2 >>>> $37.99

Desperate Housewives: Season #3 – Dirty Laundry Edition >>>>> $37.99

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nip/Tuck: Season #4 >>>> $39.99

Nip/Tuck: Season #4 Target Deluxe Edition >>>> $44.99 *****

****Target Exclusive Deluxe Edition features an all black case (probably slipcover) & has a Question / Answer session with the cast & crew at the Museum of Television & Radio

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Office: Season #3 >>>> $32.99

The Office: Season #3 Target Deluxe Edition >>>> $37.99 *****

****Target Exclusive Deluxe Edition features an all brown case with the Dunder Mifflin logo featured and the words: “Nifty Gifty” printed on top & has a Question / Answer session with the cast & crew at the Museum of Television & Radio

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
What's an Office fan to do? I think the Best Buy box with a Dundie and a mini bobblehead is pretty awesome, but I would really like the Q&A from the museum of TV & Radio that you only get from Target... anyone know if the Target offer just includes an extra disc separated from the set? Last season, they put the bonus content on one of the discs in the set.

I suppose at worst, I could get both sets and take the regular season two from the Best Buy box and sell that to someone else. Of course, I just remembered I have $30 of certificates for use at Best Buy...

Can you tell I like The Office? :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The Target ad shows a different cover for their special version of The Office so I'm guessing that it's another disc packaged inside (just like their bonus disc version of Heroes last week). I was thinking about getting it but what they cover in those MTR panels is almost always basic stuff- how did you get the role?, how do you shoot the show?- that you hear in other commentaries or interviews so I'm not spending the extra money on it. The bobble head and award at BB seems tempting though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks