Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

SPHE Press Release: Seinfeld: Season 9

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 of 15 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,803 posts

Posted August 23 2007 - 01:06 AM

Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jason Alexander &
Michael Richards Are Reunited As Final Season Arrives on DVD Along
With The Complete Series

SEINFELD: SEASON 9

Four-Disc DVD Contains All 24 Episodes
with an Array of Exclusive Bonus Features and Classic Episodes,
Including “The Serenity Now” and the Highly-Rated Finale Seen by
Over 75 Million People

SEINFELD:
THE COMPLETE SERIES

All 180 Episodes on 32 Discs in Two Volumes Contain Every
“Water-Cooler” Moment Along with a Wealth of Never-Before-Seen
Bonus Features

Complete Series Also Includes the Collectible “Official Coffee Table
Book” – a 226-Page, Bound Anthology with Photos, Quotes and Trivia
From Every Episode – Including Personal Reflections by Jerry Seinfeld
and Bonus Disc Featuring a First-Ever Cast Reunion “Round Table”
Discussion with Larry David

BOTH SETS DEBUT ON DVD NOVEMBER 6

CULVER CITY, CALIF. (August 27, 2007) – The multiple award-winning quartet of Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jason Alexander and Michael Richards come together again on DVD when Sony Pictures Home Entertainment debuts Seinfeld: Season 9 and Seinfeld: The Complete Series on November 6. Seinfeld: Season 9 is a four-disc boxed set including all 24 episodes from the ninth season of the long-running series, including the finale that drew viewership numbers of over 75 million and hours of exclusive, never-before-seen bonus footage. The holiday must-have of the year, Seinfeld: The Complete Series, offers the ultimate and most comprehensive Seinfeld experience ever. The 32-disc, two-volume set offers 180 unforgettable episodes of the multiple Emmy® Award-winning show along with “The Official Coffee Table Book,” a 226-page, bound anthology filled with photos, quotes, trivia from every episode, and personal reflections from Jerry. The collectible book also includes a bonus disc featuring “The Roundtable,” an exciting hour-long round table discussion among the four cast and creator Larry David reminiscing about the award-winning show’s run on air. A total of 104 hours of bonus features are included with Seinfeld: The Complete Series. Seinfeld: Season 9 will be priced at $49.95 SRP, while Seinfeld: The Complete Series will be available for $283.95 SRP.

The wealth of bonus features for Seinfeld: Season 9 include scenes from “The Roundtable” (excerpts from the one-hour table discussion), deleted scenes, bloopers, trivia, interviews, stand-up comedy footage, and other behind-the-scenes bonus material. The ninth season was nominated for five Emmy Awards, including Outstanding Comedy Series, and features an astounding array of noteworthy episodes such as the unique backwards episode, “The Betrayal,” and the reemergence of a classic arcade game in “The Frogger.” The season culminates in the highly rated two-part finale, which boasts an illustrious gathering of some of the show’s most memorable guest stars including Larry Thomas (Soup Nazi), Wendel Meldrum (Low-Talker), Golden Globe® Award-winner Teri Hatcher, TV journalist Geraldo Rivera, and others.

Seinfeld: The Complete Series is the all-access pass to anything and everything Seinfeld -- from classic episodes like “The Soup Nazi,” “The Bubble Boy,” “The Muffin Tops,” to historic moments such as Jerry’s Today show appearance in the now infamous Puffy Shirt and George’s scenes with Yankees owner George Steinbrenner to the emergence of iconic catch phrases like “Yada Yada Yada,” “Double-dipping,” and “Shrinkage.”

Created and produced by Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David, Seinfeld premiered on NBC on July 5, 1989. Following the professional and personal lives of four single friends living on Manhattan’s Upper West Side -- Jerry Seinfeld, a stand up comedian; his childhood friend, George Costanza (Alexander); his ex-girlfriend, Elaine Benes (Louis-Dreyfus); and his wacky neighbor, Cosmo Kramer (Richards) -- the sitcom about nothing was an immediate critical hit and the core of NBC’s “Must See TV” campaign, eventually drawing more than 30 million regular viewers each week. The series was nominated for 68 Emmy Awards (winning 10) and 15 Golden Globes (winning 3) over the course of its nine-season, 180-episode run.

Seinfeld: Season 9 Special Features Include:
“The Last Lap” – the cast and crew reminisce about their final days making SEINFELD and share their impressions about the show’s legacy
Scenes from “The Roundtable” – Excerpts from a conversation with Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louise-Dreyfus, Jason Alexander, Michael Richards and Larry David nine years after SEINFELD went off the air
“Inside Looks” – Behind-the-scenes stories from the cast and creators
“Not That There’s Anything Wrong With That” – Never-before-seen outtakes and bloopers
“In the Vault” – Season Nine never-before-seen deleted scenes…saved from the cutting room floor, including 15 bonus minutes from “The Finale”
“Yada, Yada, Yada” – Cast and crew audio commentaries
2 Sein-Imations – See classic SEINFELD scenes re-imagined in Sein-Imation
“Notes About Nothing” – Behind-the-scenes trivia and production notes
“The Betrayal” Back-to-Front – Watch Seinfeld’s “backwards” episode….forwards
Factoid Tracks on all 24 episodes
Bonus Previews
Closed Captioned
Digitally Mastered Audio and Video
Full Screen Presentations
Audio: English (Stereo), French
Subtitles: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Seinfeld: Season 9 episodes include:

The Butter Shave The Apology The Bookstore
The Voice The Strike The Frogger
The Serenity Now The Dealership The Maid
The Blood The Reverse Peephole Puerto Rican Day
The Junk Mail The Cartoon The Clip Show, Parts 1&2
The Merv Griffin Show The Strong Box The Finale, Parts 1&2
The Slicer The Wizard
The Betrayal The Burning

Seinfeld: The Complete Series Special Features Include:

"The Roundtable: The Cast of Seinfeld and Larry David" – Bonus disc featuring the exciting reunion of the entire cast plus Larry David on the ninth
anniversary of the series finale
Documentaries for All Nine Seasons
“Inside Looks”
“Not That There’s Anything Wrong With That” (Bloopers)
“In the Vault” (Deleted Scenes)
“Yada Yada Yada” (Commentaries)
“SEIN-IMATION”
“Notes About Nothing”
Bonus Previews
Digitally Mastered Audio and Video
Full Screen Presentations
Audio: English (Stereo), French
Subtitles: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
Closed Captioned

Seinfeld: Season 9, from the broadcast year of 1997-1998, has a run time of approximately 553 minutes and is not rated. Seinfeld: The Complete Series, from the broadcast years of 1989-1998 is not rated. Artwork is available at www.SPHEPUBLICITY.COM. Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at http://www.sonypictu...ideo/index.html.

Seinfeld: Season 9
DVD Catalog: 22509
UPC Code: 0-43396-22509-1
Order Date: 10/11/07
SLP: $49.95

Seinfeld: The Complete Series
DVD Catalog: 22453
UPC Code: 0-43396-22453-7
Order Date: 10/11/07
SLP: $283.95

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 15 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,828 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 23 2007 - 02:56 AM

The last set of arguably the best TV DVDs ever. I'm sure this set will have the same level of extras as the others and
sounds like a pretty funny idea. I'm surprised they're doing the series set already. I figured they'd get the money for S9 and then wait until next fall to make more money for the series set. Either way, I'm picking up S9 and not the series set. It would be nice if they made the bonus disc available to the people who bought the sets previously.

#3 of 15 OFFLINE   WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,237 posts

Posted August 23 2007 - 03:06 AM

Yeah, I don't think that people who already have Seasons 1-8 are going to all of a sudden go for the box. So they are pretty much screwing those who have been buying all along if there is no way to get the bonus disc outside the box.
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#4 of 15 OFFLINE   AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted August 23 2007 - 03:42 AM

Actually, the fact that it's a separate book is a bit reassuring, if the book gets released separately, I'm sure the DVD will be included. And who knows, perhaps Best Buy will offer the bonus disc as a...bonus disc with the purchase of S9? Wishful thinking, I know. I sort of wish I'd waited, not just because of the bonus disc, but because I'm guessing that the series set will take up a lot less shelf space.

#5 of 15 OFFLINE   Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter

• 1,376 posts

Posted August 23 2007 - 05:43 AM

Don't they all these days. Posted Image

#6 of 15 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,828 posts

Posted August 23 2007 - 06:31 AM

I was thinking that too but that seems unlikely since it's a major selling point of the series set. I'd like to have the bonus disc (and I could easily sell off my copies on eBay and use the proceeds to purchase the series set) but it's only an hour long and excerpts from it are already on the S9 DVD. Still, Sony has really gone above and beyond for Seinfeld so I hope that extends to making the bonus disc available to everyone. Assuming that it just doesn't just take the info from the DVDs, the book seems much more interesting than the disc.

#7 of 15 OFFLINE   Jay_B!

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted August 23 2007 - 07:10 AM

actually, instead of bashing Sony, I have the laud them for this. It's been common knowledge in the past to wait a year or two or THREE (X-Files season 9 came out in May 2004) to release a complete series box set with extras, and Sony is doing the complete series on day and date with season 9, therefore fans can decide if they want to hock the seasons on ebay and not have to worry about buying season 9 and buy the Complete Series box set, or if they just want season 9. Plus, remember what sale happens in November? Hocking them up on Ebay now would be pretty wise because I'm sure we'll be able to get this baby for less than $150

#8 of 15 OFFLINE   Martin Teller

Martin Teller

Screenwriter

• 2,414 posts

Posted August 23 2007 - 09:54 AM

Gah. I really want that complete box, but that price tag is huge and I've already got all the other seasons. I guess it's time to eBay them all (like I just did with Angel). I never learn.

#9 of 15 OFFLINE   Jay_B!

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted August 23 2007 - 10:22 AM

I am sure during the DeepDiscount sale, you should easily find the set for 140-160, which is pretty good. I know the Friends set which pricetagged a little more than this was really cheap during the DD sale last year, and let's face it, Seinfeld is better than Friends.

#10 of 15 OFFLINE   pitt_norton

pitt_norton

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted August 23 2007 - 03:42 PM

Seinfeld: The Complete Series?

It's announcements like these that make me appreciate my own patience Posted Image

#11 of 15 OFFLINE   donnie_d

donnie_d

Stunt Coordinator

• 179 posts

Posted August 24 2007 - 01:01 AM

ok ok i don't want that book,just gimme a box to house the previous giftsets and rest of the series. i NEVER buy individual season sets cos i know there will be a complete set in the end but with Seinfeld, i had to buy those 2 giftsets cos they were too special to pass. come on Sony! offer the box for the fans.

#12 of 15 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,828 posts

Posted August 24 2007 - 03:36 AM

Unfortunately, that'll never happen due to concerns over piracy or people trying to take the box and return it to a store or sell it off as if they bought the series set.

#13 of 15 OFFLINE   cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,045 posts

Posted August 24 2007 - 06:58 AM

I don't see why this would be the case; it's happened before. I mailed off for the boxes for the Jurassic Park and Lord of the Rings trilogies. I don't see how someone could try to return the box to the store, since it's obviously been opened. And so what if they sell it off as if they bought the series set? The box and contents will be exactly the same--why should the buyer care whether the box was included with the DVDs or came separately in the mail?

#14 of 15 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,828 posts

Posted August 24 2007 - 07:04 AM

That's a slip case with the same product inside. The series set is a different product due to the book and a bonus disc. I'm not saying that it makes all that much sense but I bet that's the way that Sony sees it.

#15 of 15 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,422 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted October 27 2007 - 04:13 PM

ok thanks travis i forgot about this one.

i'm thnk ing about using that barnes and noble deal to get this.

with the coupon that i think expires in a couple day this will be under
$115(including the membership)

i have the first 7 already but i'm sure i could get a decent amount for that somewhere.

bn.com deal.

http://www.hometheat....d.php?t=263610
facebook.com/whotony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users