Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Bewitched Season 6??

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
301 replies to this topic

#1 of 302 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 983 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted August 22 2007 - 11:52 AM

The Bewitched History Book by David L. Pierce ties in the events of the 60s with each episode 
and breaks down each episode in depth along with rare trivia, photos, and reviews!

Available now at BearManorMedia.com and Amazon.com in both paperback and hardback!

Book%2Bcover%2Bsmallest.JPG

#2 of 302 OFFLINE   cherisland

cherisland

Stunt Coordinator

• 167 posts

Posted August 22 2007 - 02:36 PM

David, that was an AWESOME overview of the 6th season of Bewitched with some incredible pics and trivia thrown in...as a dedicated fan of the series since my youth, I found myself learning things i had never known before from your posting..you should seriously consider writing a fan book on the series!
Makes me even more in anticipation of this season being released soon (i'm hoping before Christmas). This is the only season I have missing from my collection as I gave in awhile back and ended up ordering the full 2 sets of both seasons 7 & 8 from Japan (each season consists of 2 sets...thank goodness they never did that here!)...theres no way I can wait that long for the final 3 to be released here.
I had forgotten how many great episodes there were included in season 6. Dick York has always been the only true Darrin to me but having said that, there is still alot of episodes from the remaining 3 seasons that remain big favorites of mine and thanks to Dick Sargent, Bewitched was able to last 3 more years (and I know many will say it should have ended after 5).
Here's hoping your posting stirs up talk and interest in bringing the 6th season onto DVD very soon.
Again..thanks for a great posting! Posted Image

Todd

#3 of 302 OFFLINE   YELLOW11

YELLOW11

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted August 22 2007 - 11:25 PM

How is the quality of the Japanese DVD sets?

#4 of 302 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 983 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted August 23 2007 - 12:17 PM

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Todd! I can't take all the credit though...the pictures either came from sitcomsonline.com's photo gallery or from thebewitchedcollector.com's gallery. The BW Collector, my friend Mark, has TONS of rare photos. BTW, I added a few more photos and some info to "Samantha's Yoo-Hoo Maid" and "Mona Sammy".

The Bewitched History Book by David L. Pierce ties in the events of the 60s with each episode 
and breaks down each episode in depth along with rare trivia, photos, and reviews!

Available now at BearManorMedia.com and Amazon.com in both paperback and hardback!

#5 of 302 OFFLINE   Barbara,G

Barbara,G

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted August 24 2007 - 01:43 PM

I liked Dick Sargent the best too, and am waiting for S6-8 of Bewitched.
Politicians are like baby diapers.. They should be changed often and for the same reason....Harold Reed

#6 of 302 OFFLINE   Firebee

Firebee

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts

Posted August 27 2007 - 01:58 PM

I remember both Dicks and liked them differently, so it'll be an adjustment for me when I finally get S6 and start watching it. But, the most important thing is that eventually it'll be released. Hopefully before mid-2008! Posted Image

I also have not enough time to watch all of these DVDS:

http://www.invelos.c....aspx/fire26bee

#7 of 302 OFFLINE   cherisland

cherisland

Stunt Coordinator

• 167 posts

Posted August 27 2007 - 03:29 PM

I thought the quality of the season 7 & 8 Japanese set transfers were excellent for the series (mind you I do not have a HD tv to rate it on, just a 32 inch standard set) but the colors and details are beautiful in the episodes. Definitely glad that I purchased them, despite being a little costly. The packaging is not so great compared with the sets here , but the episodes are complete and uncut. With regards to the packaging - 3 clear slim digipack DVD cases slide out of the outer casing which is smaller than the size we have here and the cases have no pictures whatsoever, just clear plastic so that you can see each disc inside and each set (2 to a season) contains 3 DVD's so 6 discs per season - the DVD's each have different photos on them from the seasons which is nice The second set of Season 8 also lists "bonus" episodes but it turns out they are episodes from seasons 1 & 2 that were originally omitted from the original Japanese releases. I have included scans of the covers for both seasons plus the back cover of season 8's 2nd set. The covers for both sets in each season are the same, they just have a number designating set 1 & set 2 Hope this helps...would have liked to post larger pics but the sites size max for downloads would not allow me to exceed 37KB. Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 of 302 OFFLINE   fireflame

fireflame

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted September 08 2007 - 11:07 AM

Do the japaneese sets have japan's opening/closing credits and menus? Is it easy finding the episode name?

#9 of 302 OFFLINE   cherisland

cherisland

Stunt Coordinator

• 167 posts

Posted September 08 2007 - 05:00 PM

the opening and closing credits for each episode are in their original English. The original menu page has japanese titles for options (i had to play around with this a little to opt out of the japanese subtitles on each eps ) but the episodes themselves are numbered with screen caps pics and easy to maneuver and choose.

#10 of 302 OFFLINE   fireflame

fireflame

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted September 08 2007 - 10:33 PM

Sound good. If Sony's season 6 has transfer problems like the serena ep then i will buy S6,7,8 in the japaneese. I thought that the transfers on the other episodes looked great and seen as sony isn't going to transfer them anymore i feel they should only transfer the episodes that look crap in future seasons.

#11 of 302 OFFLINE   Brandy681

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator

• 148 posts

Posted September 17 2007 - 01:51 AM

What about the rumor that season 6-8 of Bewitched was going to be a bundle or combined because of Dick Sargents appearance.. I actually would not mind this because it would probably be cheaper. But because Dick York will no longer be in this season I think that Sony is going to delay the set some. I hope not, this is just a feeling I have.. I hope we don't have to wait a year or longer to get it as it seems the later the seasons the longer it is taking to be released and I just want to hurry up and finish the series.

#12 of 302 OFFLINE   Firebee

Firebee

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts

Posted September 17 2007 - 06:54 AM

Couldn't agree with you more, Brandy. Posted Image

#13 of 302 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,441 posts

Posted September 17 2007 - 07:15 AM

I think Dick Sargeant's presence is underestimated by many. Keep in mind, that for those of us born during the show, we probably didn't start watching until after the switch. There's a whole generation of fans who view Dick York as the imposter! I was one of those. I have no memory of seeing BW until the fall of '69. We had just moved, and now had 2 tvs in the house, so us kids got to watch our own shows more often. I very distinctly remember watching that Jack & The Beanstalk episode first-run, and of course, DS was the first Darrin I ever knew. I never even knew about DY until I saw the Saturday morning reruns some time later, and I remember thinking now who the hell is that? BW in seasons 6-8 was a very, very different show. It is clear that the emphasis was switching to the children. I'm not sure if ABC was consciously trying to woo a kid-friendly demographic, but it worked as far as I know. All the kids I knew were watching BW regularly. Some blame the "kid" stories as BW's downfall, some blame all the casting changes. True, these may have turned off some of the long-time viewers, but it really was a whole new show, and the kids just loved it. A lot of people are fans today simply because they viewed it during those last 3 kid-friendly years. Anyway, it's natural for a primetime show to dip in the ratings over the years. How many 6th year shows ever stay in the top 10? Not too many. BW's quality did not diminish. I think it had a very revamped feeling. From the jazzier opening theme to the wilder fashions, BW was one swingin' show in '69. It felt fresh and new. As for not concentrating on Darrin & Samantha's relationship as much, well that too is natural. Their stories, while not being exhausted, had pretty much run their course. There was only so many times we needed to see them kiss and make up before we got the picture, that they were there to stay. It was okay at this point in the show to switch focus to Tabitha once in a while. It was also fortunate in later years that the show got to go on the road, to Salem and Europe. That played up the magic-as-comedy aspect of the show very nicely, widening the scope. And for the kids, there were more episodes spoofing fairy tales and strangely-costumed guest stars. The last three years were like one long Halloween party. If you think of it in a certain way, the last three seasons were like the greatest kids' show ever filmed.

#14 of 302 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 983 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted September 21 2007 - 07:39 PM

The New York Times is reporting that Alice Ghostley (Esmeralda) passed away yesterday from cancerPosted Image

http://www.nytimes.c....=1&oref=slogin

Posted Image

This means that out of the regular cast we only have Bernard Fox (Dr. Bombay), Erin Murphy (Tabitha) and David Lawrence (Adam) leftPosted Image

#15 of 302 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,680 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted September 22 2007 - 09:35 AM

I am so sad about Alice. Although, it might be a blessing if she was suffering. While I never liked the character of Esmeralda, I loved Alice Ghostley. God speed, Alice. And thanks for all the laughs over the years!

#16 of 302 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 983 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted October 16 2007 - 10:16 AM

All right...it's been long enough waiting for an announcement! I really want to have Season 6 on DVD! This release will mark the first time that we're able to see the episodes in their entirety with the exception of "Santa Comes to Visit and Stays and Stays" which was released on home video in the 90s. It'll be awesome seeing "never-before-seen" scenes.

#17 of 302 OFFLINE   Firebee

Firebee

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts

Posted October 16 2007 - 01:40 PM

[quote=David*P]All right...it's been long enough waiting for an announcement! I really want to have Season 6 on DVD!

Well, news just came today about the next season of ``JAG'' and ``Emergency,'' which seem to be coming on the slower release cycle ala ``Bewitched,'' so maybe soon we'll hear about S6 for ``Bewitched''. Posted Image

#18 of 302 OFFLINE   Jdcrackers

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator

• 231 posts

Posted October 23 2007 - 12:28 PM

Has anyone heard anything about Bewitched Season 6? It would be nice if it came out around the time Liz gets her star on Jan. 4th 2008... I am glad she is finally receiving her starPosted Image Posted Image
Liz finally got her star in 2008

#19 of 302 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 983 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted October 24 2007 - 11:27 AM

It was recently discovered that Liz did some commercials in Japan in the early 80s, a couple of which she did magic and one of them she actually twitches her nose! This is very cool as Liz, after BW, never liked doing the nose twitch. These commercials should definitely be included in extras: This first one has two commercials from 1980 and 1981: And this one is from 1983 where you can see her twitch her nose...her portion starts at the 30 second mark:

#20 of 302 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 2,119 posts

Posted October 24 2007 - 02:38 PM

[quote=Firebee]

As I have suggested in an another post - I think Sony is stretching out the BEWITCHED and I DREAM OF JEANNIE releases.(Alternating them) I also believe that right before or right after the last season of BEWITCHED is released,we'll see the final season of FLYING NUN released. This would wrap up them all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users