What's new

Wanted Dead Or Alive-Season 3 ! (1 Viewer)

changa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
George
Apparantly,the Final Season of this great show will be released on October 17th 2007.

S

silverking

Well, that's excellent news. I actually get to complete a series.

Does anyone know if the re-release of S1 is on single sided discs ?

Duane Alford

Second Unit
I'm watching Season 2 right now. Soon it'll be another show finished. I too would like to know if the rerelease of Season 1 is on single sided discs. I'll buy it up if they are.

Now if only we could get the other 3 seasons of Have Gun Will Travel. I know it's only been 6 months, but I hope we hear something on Season 2 of Alias Smith & Jones soon too.

exliontamer

Agent
Real Name
Mark
Now if only they'd release Trackdown, the show from which this one was a spinoff. Dream on...

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I saw a few episodes of Trackdown years ago, because I've long been a fan of Robert Culp. It wasn't that good, and Hoby Gilman's narration didn't help those routine dramatizations of The Texas Rangers. You aren't missing much.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
I'd also like to know if the Season 1 re-release new transfers, ones that aren't time-compressed, or the old ones from 2005?

steve blake

Stunt Coordinator
I am in the middle of watching the first season,and I am really enjoying this show,but I am confused about these episodes been time compressed,could someone explain what this means?

David Levine

Supporting Actor
There shouldn't be anything different about the re-release discs.

They were built using New Line's excess inventory of discs and digistacks. The only thing we did was reprint the slipcase so it would have our info and barcode on it.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
The season 1 episodes are not edited but sped up, to the point where they are one minute shorter than they should be. Instead of being 25:45, they are 24:45.

Duane Alford

Second Unit

So in other words, the rerelease is on flippers too. I wish they'd have been on single sided discs cause then I'd have picked up the new one cause one of my discs on the original release has freezing and pixilation on one episode.

Thanks for the info.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
This is my first time ever watching Wanted: Dead or Alive. The writing isn't as good as Gunsmoke, Rawhide, or Have Gun-Will Travel, and the theme music isn't that great either, but thanks to Steve McQueen, it's still a good show. McQueen seems more accessible to me here than in most of his other projects; more down to earth, more vulnerable.

michael_ks

Screenwriter

Pay no heed. "Trackdown" lasted two full seasons and is wonderfully acted by Robert Culp, with the series using actual case files of the Texas Rangers, adding to the show's sense of realism. This western not only had the endorsement of the real Texas Rangers but also of the state of Texas as well--something which no other tv western can lay claim to. Culp created a western figure that was considerably less deadpan than other actors for that time period, being as multifaceted and talented as he was, and no less a luminary than Sam Peckinpah was involved with directing several episodes. Remember that "The Rebel", "The Dakotas" and "Johnny Ringo" are not as well known as "Gunsmoke", but that doesn't endear these shows any less to the fans who managed to catch a glimpse of them before they left the airwaves.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
At least some classic shows like this one can make it until all episodes and seasons are released. Fox is the worst at releasing tv shows they start Mary Tyler Moore and Bob Newhart and then say poor sales and currently say they have no plans to release more seasons I say that is is incorrect they keep on releasing Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and that sales about the same I would think. Other shows have to be sellling worse by comparison.

michael_ks

Screenwriter
After having now watched a half dozen episodes of WDOA S2 I have to say I'm quite impressed with the quality of the show relative to S1. McQueen seems to have fine tuned his role and the stories seem more engaging and varied. Guest stars seem to have been chosen with more care.

It also helps that Herschel Burke Gilbert (of "Rifleman" fame) is involved with coordinating the music and that some original scores (Rudy Schrager) are being written for individual episodes. One of the biggest detractors for me in S1 was the prominent use of substandard library music cues--quite possibly the most ill fitting and dated tv/film music I've ever listened to in a television series. Thankfully that's all been remedied in S2 and the entertainment value has been considerably enhanced in my eyes (and ears).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks