Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TCFHE Press Release: How I Met Your Mother: Season Two

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,928 posts

Posted August 16 2007 - 09:17 PM

THE EMMY®-NOMINATED TELEVISION HIT RETURNS . . .

“HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER”
Season Two

The Uproarious Love Story Told In Reverse Continues With
Neil Patrick Harris, Alyson Hannigan And Jason Segel,
Arriving On DVD October 2, 2007 From Fox Home Entertainment

CENTURY CITY, Calif. – Get ready to suit up once again with Ted, Robin, Lily, Marshall and the outrageously inappropriate Barney when the Emmy®-nominated series “How I Met Your Mother” Season Two arrives on DVD on October 2 from Fox Home Entertainment. Releasing the week after the show’s season three premiere on September 24th, “How I Met Your Mother” Season Two features an all-star cast including Josh Radnor (Not Another Teen Movie), Jason Segel (Knocked Up, “Freaks & Geeks”), Cobie Smulders (“The L Word”) Alyson Hannigan (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” Date Movie) and 2007 Emmy® -nominee Neil Patrick Harris (“Doogie Howser, M.D.,” Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle). Inspired by the rapidly approaching wedding of his two best friends, Ted’s (Radnor) quest to find his own Miss Right continues and his sites are set on the charming and independent Robin (Smulders) . . . but destiny may have something different in mind. Told through a series of flashbacks, Ted recalls his single days, the highs and lows of dating and the search for true love. The three-disc DVD collection includes all 22 season two episodes, audio commentary from the cast and crew, a “How We Make Your Mother” featurette and gag reel. “How I Met Your Mother” Season Two will be available for the suggested retail price of $39.98 U.S./$54.98 Canada. Prebook is September 5, 2007.

Marketing Support:
Fox Home Entertainment will support the DVD release of “How I Met Your Mother” Season Two with a highly targeted, online, print and publicity campaign.

Synopsis:
The woman of his dreams is out there – the question is, who is she? Told in a series of flashbacks, “How I Met Your Mother” is the hilariously unpredictable story of how twenty-something Ted meets his soul mate and says goodbye to the singles’ world of pick-up lines, one night stands and relationship “deal-breakers.” With friends Marshall and Lily’s wedding fast approaching, the outrageously inappropriate Barney remains a consummate bachelor, while Ted’s romance with Robin is heats up, but is she really the one for him? Things have a funny way of working out in this delightfully fresh and fast-paced comedy.

DVD Episodes and Special Features:
The “How I Met Your Mother” Season Two DVD collection includes all 22 episodes of the second season with commentary on select episodes from select cast members and show creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas. The DVD collection also features a “How We Make Your Mother” featurette and gag reel. The following episodes and special features are specific to each disc:

Disc 1
· Where Were We?
o Featuring audio commentary by show creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas and director Pam Fryman
· The Scorpion And The Toad
· Brunch
· Ted Mosby, Architect
· World’s Greatest Couple
· Aldrin Justice
· Swarley
o Featuring audio commentary by writer/producer Greg Mailins and cast member Alyson Hannigan
· Atlantic City

Disc 2
· Slap Bet
o Featuring audio commentary by show creator Craig Thomas, writer Kourtney Kang and cast member Cobie Smulders
· Single Stamina
o Featuring audio commentary by writer Kristin Newman and cast member Neil Patrick Harris
· How Lily Stole Christmas
· First Time In New York
· Columns
· Monday Night Football
· Lucky Penny
· Stuff

Disc 3
· Arrivederci Fiero
o Featuring audio commentary by writer Chris Harris and cast member Jason Segel
· Moving Day
o “How It Really Happened” Featurette
· Bachelor Party
o Featuring audio commentary by show creator Carter Bays, director Pam Fryman and cast members Bob Saget and Josh Radnor
· Showdown
o Featuring audio commentary by show creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas and director Pam Fryman
· Something Borrowed
· Something Blue
· “How We Make Your Mother” Featurette
· Gag Reel
· Hey Beautiful Video

“How I Met Your Mother” Season Two
Price: $39.98 U.S./$54.98 Canada
Pre-Order Date: September 5, 2007
Street Date: October 2, 2007
Catalog Number: 2246728
Total Run Time: 484 minutes
U.S. Rating: NR
Language: English Dolby Surround 5.1
Subtitles: English, French and Spanish
Closed Captioned: Yes

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 6 AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted August 17 2007 - 05:42 AM

No Robin Sparkles video?

#3 of 6 Don3996

Don3996

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted August 17 2007 - 07:22 AM

I can only hope this is Anamorphic Widescreen since I did watch it as such in HD, it scares me they dont comment on the aspect ratio but do note the 5.1 surround. Lets hope for no fullscreen like season 1

#4 of 6 Lee Jamilkowski

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator

• 235 posts

Posted August 17 2007 - 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyC
No Robin Sparkles video?

Yeah, that's disappointing. I mean, it was everywhere over the Internet. It couldn't be that difficult to get and put on the discs in it's full glory.

I'm seriously hoping this is in widescreen, or I'm going to await an HD-DVD version of these seasons. I love the show, but I want it in the best quality available.
Go to see the film An Inconvenient Truth - one of the most important films of a generation.

Watch the I've Got Munchies podcast.

#5 of 6 Jaime_Weinman

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor

• 766 posts

Posted August 28 2007 - 06:00 AM

I just looked at a promotional copy -- the episodes are widescreen, and the complete Robin Sparkles video is included on disc 2 (in fullscreen).

#6 of 6 Don3996

Don3996

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted August 28 2007 - 07:29 AM

Very nice! This will be a purchase.Posted Image